May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get these packs?

Okay. I've got a simple question for you. I have yet to buy these packs and I want to know is there any reason to buy them:
My first pet stuff
Fitness stuff
Bowling night stuff
So will my sims enjoy what these packs have to offer?

Comments

• Options
    CloudiiiiCloudiiii Posts: 26 Member
    It really depends on what your play style is. For me Bowling night stuff out of these three is the one I would buy again. While the gameplay isn't great the cas and build objects are really versatile.
    Stay Sparkly!
  • Options
    AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    I would say no, I have them for building purposes only.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I have Fitness and Bowling night, and I find them both fantastic, I use the cas and build objects in every build. I don't take my families to bowl or rock climb that often but that's because I've been creating my base save and not really playing.
  • Options
    lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    I'd say Bowling Night stuff for sure! I love the retro theme in build/buy and the female adult hairs are super nice. I feel like out of the packs you listed, Bowling Night is the most re-playable and it's always so fun to see my sims mess up when they go bowling.
    origin id: lanathesimmer
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    My First Pet Stuff: No way. Never, ever buy it. Ever.
    Fitness Stuff: Eh...
    Bowling Night: Eh...
    I'd recommend Backyard Stuff. It adds in a lot of good CAS.
  • Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    I have all the packs except those I listed... but it seems like bowling night is the only one I should even consider. What about you builders? What do you say about the objects? Something must- have? I'm a builder myself so always looking for some useful new stuff!
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,417 Member
    Hello. I'm a player and builder when the mood strikes my fancy. Fitness is my least favorite pack--I'm not into fitness stuff much and the items are meh in my opinion. Bowling is good for a club feature and also if you like 50's/60's style furniture (at least how it looks to me). I actually really like My First Pet stuff. Some of the clothing items for the pets are adorable and the furniture is varied enough that you can use it for a pet fanatic or the "normal" patterns and colors.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2018
    My review is based on the fact I more of a decorator than actual gameplay. All the packs have something useful.

My First Pet - There is a left arm sofa that can be placed together neatly without flickering to create a sectional. I just wish we had more solid color options and less pet theme pillows. The hamster rug has more styles than the default indicates, there are some great solid colors that work well for adult furnishings. The rest of the pack is meh, I strive for realistic design so I am not a big fan of the cartoony animal furniture. It is fun just not my style.

Fitness Stuff - great pieces for modern builds, I use the light pendant in every build. This pack has a little bit in each category. There is a corner tub, chaise and live edge wood console table. The windows and doors are also quite sleek.

Bowling night - Great if you love Mid Century furniture. I use the seating and tables a lot.

Here are a few photos from some of my builds. There are a couple of shots of the My First Pet sofa, Bowling Stuff living room chair and the pendant from Fitness Stuff.

[img][/img]twdFjIY.jpg

Sofa and pendant

[img][/img]F1BT22y.jpg

Sofa again and the Bowling Night chair

[img][/img]vpjj80k.jpg

Sofa and the chairs at the chess table are also from Fitness Stuff.

Hope that helps! If you want to see more photos of anything please let me know and I can see what I can dig up.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My First Pets - KILL IT WITH FIRE! :rage: If you don't have the Cats And Dogs Pack, you WILL NOT be able to use all of the items in the pack (about half)! Yes, I'm serious - an add-on for an add-on! I don't know what EA was thinking!

Fitness - Don't have this one... yet.

Bowling Night - I used a ton of the Build/Buy items. The CAS clothes are okay (I'm more of a builder).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you for the replies :) ! I'm not into modern building and exercising and not really interested in dressing pets nor would I use pet themed funny furniture... so I think I'll buy the Bowling Night pack. I love the 50's so I think I'm going to use it a lot, maybe build a bowling alley!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    Hello
    These are links to guides to those stuff packs. They contain info on the new features and activities in the packs and also have pictures of the build/buy mode and cas mode items. They may help you to decide.

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-first-pet-guide/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-bowling-night-guide/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-fitness-guide/