Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Bad Word"in CAS

I was trying to make a simself for my friend Warda, and her last name is Hussein.... But the last name Hussein is a "bad word" can anybody tell me why? This is kinda frustrating....

Comments

• Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited May 2018
    Loads of people have this name. It's not a bad word. What isn't letting you use this name?
  • Options
    EmmySimsEmmySims Posts: 65 Member
    Loads of people have this name. It's not a bad word. What isn't letting you use this name?

That's what I'm saying! I was in Create a Sim and when I saved it it said I wouldn't be able to upload it to the gallery because of a word or description, I tried changing their last names to see if that was it, and surely it was!
  • Options
    SimGuruIcarusSimGuruIcarus Posts: 20 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi there @EmmySims

Thank you for your report. We are currently investigating this issue.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, I'm no one official, so I don't know the facts, but here are some thoughts that may provide a bit of insight:

First off, I want to make sure I understand the details of your issue. If I understand correctly from your latest post, the game did allow you to create and play that Sim, it just won't let you upload it to the gallery, yes?

Assuming that's correct, I am guessing they did this because they don't want the gallery to have a bunch of clones and/or parodies of this guy, which they feel would be in bad taste. I like to think most of us would be decent enough not to flood the gallery with such, but it's fairly likely that someone somewhere would, thus they block it so it simply doesn't become a problem in the first place.

Again, just an educated guess on my part, and I make no judgement here whether that's good or bad, but I expect that's why this is a thing.
    Pay for product -- not potential!