Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Packs won't work!!!!

landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
I been playing the sims 3 since its release in 2009, but when I just tried to play it, all the expansion packs uninstalled themselves and when I get them back on and play them, they disappear, tried everything, but nothing works. WHAT GIVES?!!!!!

It really ruins my experience with gaming from origin.
Post edited by landonsmith on

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    are you playing disc or download? Did you buy your ep codes from an unauthorized dealer? EA is cracking down on illegal codes that were sold by unauthorized sellers and taking away eps. If this is your situation you need to contact EA directly to discuss any account info
  • Options
    are you playing disc or download? Did you buy your ep codes from an unauthorized dealer? EA is cracking down on illegal codes that were sold by unauthorized sellers and taking away eps. If this is your situation you need to contact EA directly to discuss any account info

I bought most of them by disk, and applied the security keys to Origin (which is EA's version of steam), they've worked before, then suddenly they stop working
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I bought most of them by disk, and applied the security keys to Origin (which is EA's version of steam), they've worked before, then suddenly they stop working

Are you on Mac or PC? If Mac, I will page some Mac help for you should you need mac help

If on PC uninstall and reinstall origin , If that does nt work, you may need to contact EA if you bought your codes off steam and transfered them
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    The OP did not say they bought anything by way of Steam. I think they were trying to describe to us here in Tech here what Origin is (this wasn't really necessary).

@landonsmith - EPs are program files. They cannot "uninstall themselves." Although Origin can lose track of what you do have installed and you can also be blocked without warning from the EA end from running what someone or something thinks are illegitimately obtained packs. In those cases they do not need re-installation, but they will not show on the 1.69 version of the Launcher to be checked off on the Packs and Stuff chooser tab even though they are indeed installed. Is this what you are experiencing or is it something else? You said that "most of" your game and packs are discs, I assume that means sealed retail original purchase discs at the time. What is the source of the others that are not discs?

If the packs are really missing on the Launcher side and not just in need of being checked off again at startup, try an Origin Repair Game on TS3. If that doesn't help, yes uninstall and reinstall Origin (only, not your games) as @phoebebebe13 said. But if those followed by a reboot still do not work, then it's most likely an account issue of some kind that only EA Customer Support can assist with.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    The OP did not say they bought anything by way of Steam. I think they were trying to describe to us here in Tech here what Origin is (this wasn't really necessary).

@landonsmith - EPs are program files. They cannot "uninstall themselves." Although Origin can lose track of what you do have installed and you can also be blocked without warning from the EA end from running what someone or something thinks are illegitimately obtained packs. In those cases they do not need re-installation, but they will not show on the 1.69 version of the Launcher to be checked off on the Packs and Stuff chooser tab even though they are indeed installed. Is this what you are experiencing or is it something else? You said that "most of" your game and packs are discs, I assume that means sealed retail original purchase discs at the time. What is the source of the others that are not discs?

If the packs are really missing on the Launcher side and not just in need of being checked off again at startup, try an Origin Repair Game on TS3. If that doesn't help, yes uninstall and reinstall Origin (only, not your games) as @phoebebebe13 said. But if those followed by a reboot still do not work, then it's most likely an account issue of some kind that only EA Customer Support can assist with.

The others were bought digitally off of origin. There is no possible way any of my could have been purchased illegitimately. Hopefully reinstalling origin can fix this, because I tried everything else with no success.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    In case that doesn't work, and Repair Game does not either, then all the more reason to contact Customer Support. Players who have had no reason to think that their installs and codes are from less than legit places have had their accounts glitch up as described. Only EA can reset things from their end. Origin is not equipped unfortunately to say why a game or pack that was properly installed is suddenly blocked from loading, if this is what has happened.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    In case that doesn't work, and Repair Game does not either, then all the more reason to contact Customer Support. Players who have had no reason to think that their installs and codes are from less than legit places have had their accounts glitch up as described. Only EA can reset things from their end. Origin is not equipped unfortunately to say why a game or pack that was properly installed is suddenly blocked from loading, if this is what has happened.

I apologize to the late reply, I restarted my computer and allowed Origin to fully load, then it worked after.
    I think it was probably a glitch on Origin's part. I will still keep a watch on it, since it could happen again
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I apologize to the late reply, I restarted my computer and allowed Origin to fully load, then it worked after.
    I think it was probably a glitch on Origin's part. I will still keep a watch on it, since it could happen again
    The important thing is that you got it all working again, glad to hear that. Yes, Origin can be very fussy and temperamental. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    UrPriinceeUrPriincee Posts: 3 New Member
    idk if this has anything to do with this but I need help. So I just recently bought a prepaid visa card of $50 and I'm trying to buy Jungle Adventures and Bowling Stuff Pack and every time I try to order it, it just won't work. Idk if it's my card and I gotta wait 24hrs before using it or the EA website. PLS HELP!!
  • Options
    @UrPriincee - Hi there. This thread is (was) about Origin's sometimes poor handling of TS3 Expansion Packs that were already installed. This isn't the TS4 section of the forum and I'm afraid prepaid Visa cards sometimes not working for purchases is more of merchant account limitation thing on EA's end. I would suggest contacting Customer Support to see if the card you purchased is meant to be usable through Origin in your country, if there is some way they can help you use it from their end, or if there is something wrong with your Origin account that they can help correct. We are just players here on this forum and do not have any access to player accounts or EA's Origin policies regarding credit/debit cards.

http://help.ea.com
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    UrPriinceeUrPriincee Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh okay sorry