Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance pack?

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
Did you guys see the "latest news" about the love story? Could there be some kind of romance themed pack coming? It looks like they've started the lead-up to whatever is on the horizon.

What do you all think?

(Edited for link) https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/sims-royal-wedding
#Team Occult

Comments

• Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    When it comes to TS4.. never get your hopes up.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Or it could because of the Royal wedding tomorrow.
  • Options
    jude72pla wrote: »

Ah, indeed. Perhaps that's it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I would love a Fairy Tale expansion pack that brought a smorgasbord of elements from different fairy tales such as witches, curses, princesses, princes, fairy godmothers (and fairies!), magical beanstalks to the sky, and a fantastical world to boot!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Lol I didn't even know about the Royal Wedding.. I live under a rock. You got me all excited @LiELF too!
    We still desperately need slow dancing and bed cuddles (among other things) in this game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I would love a Fairy Tale expansion pack that brought a smorgasbord of elements from different fairy tales such as witches, curses, princesses, princes, fairy godmothers (and fairies!), magical beanstalks to the sky, and a fantastical world to boot!

Yes!! I would love that!

@Hermitgirl Honestly, I didn't know about the royals either, haha, but now it makes sense. But there have been a lot of requests to put in more romantic options, so you never know...it could be a thing coming. Maybe a game pack!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited May 2018
    I would love to see more romantic animations and interactions. Proper cuddling on both the bed and couch, online dating (I found it useful for finding "options" quickly), and maybe they can try to figure out hand-holding again? I remember they said somewhere that they tried it before, but it caused glitches whenever the two Sims holding hands had a Sim walk past them.

Maybe an attraction system? The Sims currently have no reason to be attracted to another excluding the fact that the Sim was Flirty and the other Sim was just right there. There's no crushes, no actual attraction, no compatibility, no reason for Sims to procreate at all excluding to just make sure they don't die out.

A reputation system would be nice too. Cheating is all too easy in this game. But if not that, at least the attraction system.

Couple dances would be nice as well, both fast and slow.

Somebody should mention this to Grant since apparently he's been pretty forthcoming lately. (I won't because I refuse to use Twitter)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I would love to see more romantic animations and interactions. Proper cuddling on both the bed and couch, online dating (I found it useful for finding "options" quickly), and maybe they can try to figure out hand-holding again? I remember they said somewhere that they tried it before, but it caused glitches whenever the two Sims holding hands had a Sim walk past them.

Maybe an attraction system? The Sims currently have no reason to be attracted to another excluding the fact that the Sim was Flirty and the other Sim was just right there. There's no crushes, no actual attraction, no compatibility, no reason for Sims to procreate at all excluding to just make sure they don't die out.

A reputation system would be nice too. Cheating is all too easy in this game. But if not that, at least the attraction system.

Couple dances would be nice as well, both fast and slow.

Somebody should mention this to Grant since apparently he's been pretty forthcoming lately. (I won't because I refuse to use Twitter)

I mentioned to him today we need a romantic pack.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    Did you guys see the "latest news" about the love story? Could there be some kind of romance themed pack coming? It looks like they've started the lead-up to whatever is on the horizon.

What do you all think?

(Edited for link) https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/sims-royal-wedding

Don t I wish. You never know though a romantic pack might be what is being shown at EA Play but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

What do you all think?

Don t I wish. You never know though a romantic pack might be what is being shown at EA Play but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I do agree we need a romance pack but I think after seasons is better
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A Fairytale Romance pack could tick several boxes.

1. Romance pack
    2. Fairytale pack
    3. Non-modern gameplay pack
    4. Royals pack
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

1. Romance pack
    2. Fairytale pack
    4. Royals pack

Right??! I was daydreaming about a fairy tale pack a couple months ago and the more I think about it the more I think it'd be AWESOME!
  • Options

1. Romance pack
    2. Fairytale pack
    4. Royals pack

Right??! I was daydreaming about a fairy tale pack a couple months ago and the more I think about it the more I think it'd be AWESOME!

I forgot to add Fantasy pack. I hope this becomes a thing.
  • Options

1. Romance pack
    2. Fairytale pack
    4. Royals pack

I forgot to add Fantasy pack. I hope this becomes a thing.

I hope so too. The game is lacking in the romance department. No attraction system,no slowdance,sims can't cuddle in bed or properly on the sofa etc etc etc.
  • Options
    Cats and Dogs have a better romance system than sims do.
  • Options
    Cats and Dogs have a better romance system than sims do.

Haha! TRUTH.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »

Regardless, it was still a cute story! I hope they do more blog posts like this, by the bear I'm guessing that Grant was the one to write this particular story. :lol:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

What do you all think?

It's basically a promo for the Royal Wedding today.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Its just for the royal gagfest.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wish! I really want an Attraction system back in my game. I want my sims to actually have romantic preferences, not just be romantic with everyone. It gives them more personality.
  • Options
    Personally I don't know why the developers don't release a romantic pack. A lot of people are asking for one on these forums and on twitter.
  • Options
    A lot of people are asking for a lot of things. Look at how many things you want alone. They can't work on everything at the same time, so they decide what they think we want the most weighed against what they can do in a timely manner to get it out on time.

One of the "new" ideas that is popular is a FARM pack, but I don't see or hear about any hints that it's coming.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

What do you all think?

I could see a Romance Stuff pack, or even a Romance Game pack. If they do a game pack, they should add another buildable world, with a pre-built wedding venue. They should also add a "throw the bouquet", "throw the garter", "make a toast" and "eat wedding cake...together" interaction. Though they already did Romantic Garden stuff. It would be easy to add more decorative flowers, that is for sure. Certainly a selection of wedding gowns and wedding shoes, along with bridesmaid gowns and shoes, and matching tuxedos for grooms and groomsmen. Not to even mention romantic wallpapers with hearts and/or roses on them. They could also add a selection of grooms cakes.

Or, like a certain chat game I play on occasion, they could do different themed wedding stuff as well: Wild West wedding, Indian/Bollywood wedding, Fairytale wedding, Traditional Western wedding, Winter holiday wedding, even a Goth/Vampire (dark) wedding. Wedding stuff with a large variety of wedding colors. My wedding IRL by the way, had colors turquoise and yellow.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Personally I don't know why the developers don't release a romantic pack. A lot of people are asking for one on these forums and on twitter.

Maybe it is because they already released Romantic Garden stuff? But I definitely could see a Wedding game pack or stuff pack. I don't know what just happened to the detailed post I just tried to post, maybe it revealed too much.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.