Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NingHong Retreat by Fieryfemale

fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
Been working on this lot for the last few days. It gave me a few problems, because of the balcony's on each pagoda tier, but I managed to sort them out and they are workable as far as I have tested :D.

Anyway this lot is a tranquil retreat with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, large dining and lounge area and also has a private study. The garden has a pond with bridge.

Hope you like it :D

ninghongretreat.png

you can download it from here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1638850

and a few screenshots :D

Screenshot-394.jpg

Screenshot-395.jpg

Screenshot-396.jpg

Screenshot-397.jpg

Screenshot-398.jpg

Screenshot-399.jpg

Screenshot-400.jpg

Screenshot-401.jpg

Screenshot-402.jpg

Screenshot-403.jpg

Screenshot-404.jpg

Screenshot-405.jpg

Screenshot-406.jpg

Screenshot-407.jpg

Screenshot-408.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lkadaslkadas Posts: 453 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Very nice fiery! I love your mix of the asian fusion set, and the more traditional stuff in the EP!
  • Options
    AnimagaAnimaga Posts: 548 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I love what you did with the arc on the bridge, Fiery ^_^ The build looks great! Really nice job!

~Animaga ^_^
  • Options
    Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow, so ok im not lying when I say this, it's the truth. That is THE most beautiful house I have EVER seen on this forum/exchange etc. I'm running to download it now lol, wow, thanks! I'll find a family to play this house, it's amazing! Definitely rec from me!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited December 2009
    OOooo this is lovely! The exterior is very pretty, lovely landscaping too, such a great use of the arched bridge :). I think the interiors look wonderful, you have used a perfect colour palette in there, I particularly love the living areas!

Great work! Def rec! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
    edited December 2009
    If a person can love a house then I am in love with this one. It's absolutely gorgeous!Will rec it and book mark. I am having installing issues at the moment but I def want to have this when I can. :thumbup:Wonderful job!
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited December 2009
    It is lovely. I like what you've been doing with these Chinese elements.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2009
    Beautiful! You have the calmness captured perfectly..the symmetry and balance..the colors...everything is working so well. I knew this EP would be a great one for you :D Rec'd and much admired.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    lkadas wrote:
    Very nice fiery! I love your mix of the asian fusion set, and the more traditional stuff in the EP!

Thank you Ikadas, I love the asian fusion set, infact it is the only one I bought from the store ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Animaga wrote:
    I love what you did with the arc on the bridge, Fiery ^_^ The build looks great! Really nice job!

~Animaga ^_^

thank you Animaga
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Kit10 wrote:
    Wow, so ok im not lying when I say this, it's the truth. That is THE most beautiful house I have EVER seen on this forum/exchange etc. I'm running to download it now lol, wow, thanks! I'll find a family to play this house, it's amazing! Definitely rec from me!

wow thank you Kit10 for such a lovely comment. I hope you enjoy the house in your game.

you will have to take pics of you family in it ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Allium wrote:
    OOooo this is lovely! The exterior is very pretty, lovely landscaping too, such a great use of the arched bridge :). I think the interiors look wonderful, you have used a perfect colour palette in there, I particularly love the living areas!

Great work! Def rec! :mrgreen:

Thank you Allium, I was worried I was using too much of the black, white and red, it is hard to not use it when doing a Chinese themed build.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bubby189 wrote:
    If a person can love a house then I am in love with this one. It's absolutely gorgeous!Will rec it and book mark. I am having installing issues at the moment but I def want to have this when I can. :thumbup:Wonderful job!

thank you Bubby :D
  • Options
    OkunibaOkuniba Posts: 174 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Wonderful, I absolutely love chinese style houses and I really like the way you have put in that bridge.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Minraed - thank you I am really enjoying building these chinese themed lots. I think it is slowly getting my creative mojo back.

Ruthless - Glad you liked it, I spent a while on it, trying to get everything right, as I said in reply to someone else, I was worried I was overdosing on the red, black and white, but it is so hard to steer away from it when doing a chinese themed build. I am really enjoying World Adventures, and have actually been playing the game for a change lol. I didn't do much of that with the base gsme for Sims 3, as I was too busy just creating. The adventures give it a whole new interesting aspect don't you think :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Okuniba wrote:
    Wonderful, I absolutely love chinese style houses and I really like the way you have put in that bridge.

thank you Okuniba, I also love your xmassy avatar :D
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited December 2009
    What a beauty!I am in love with all of your recent Asian themed creations! The bridge is fab and the whole place looks sooo peaceful, I really wub <3 it. Your new avi is awesome too. One more rec coming your way!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Allure wrote:
    What a beauty!I am in love with all of your recent Asian themed creations! The bridge is fab and the whole place looks sooo peaceful, I really wub <3 it. Your new avi is awesome too. One more rec coming your way!

Thank you Allure, glad you are enjoying them. I am enjoying making them. I am loving what we can do with World Adventures.
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yay, FF! Awesome build!

Love the authenticity of the interiors of traditional chinese decor! Lovely landscaping out front too with that nice bridge! <3
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm really enjoying getting to see what everyone has been coming up with using the new EP. So many beautiful and creative things out there!

This is just lovely, Fiery!! I'm really loving those interiors! Beautiful!
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited December 2009
    wow very nice retreat you have here fiery. i really like the green exterior, red and black interior and your use of the asian fusion set which i love. i also know how you feel about the roofing (i am gathering thats what was causing the balcony problem?). i will head over and rec for you now.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    thank you Anjubee and Breanne for you comments.

Peacemaker, yes those roofs gave me no end of problems with the balconies. For some reason roofs are not compatible with balconies. However I managed to get a kind of work around. The balconies are also fully usuable (I tested :P)
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2009
    Holy Cow! This is truly magnificent, FF! I can't wait to explore this in game. Seriously, everything about this build is wonderful. I wish I could give more specifics, but it would be a book, since I'd have to touch on every single thing! LOL! Beautiful, simply beautiful. :thumbup:

Edited In:

I just added this to my town in game and went inside to look around. I am even more impressed! Those pictures just don't even do this justice. It is so big and roomy and gorgeous. Thanks so much for making this!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thank you ever so much for your comment amchristian. I am so pleased you liked it even more in your game.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited December 2009
    It's gorgeous! Really love everything. Beautiful use of the new set. A definite dl and rec from me!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    thank you Sim Eve :D