Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Stopping by to show some love to Discovering Juliana .. I love it <3 Enjoying the banter on this thread too :) I am so very glad that Juliana and Kevin are working towards a wonderful future (not gonna sink our ship are you Jes??) AND <3 Harold <3 .. Won't even go there .. what a guy! My only question would be is do you have a synopsis planned for this story too?

Hey Lisa! Thanks for stopping by! I wouldn't be nice if I sank the ship, eh? LOL I'll keep in mind the angry mob that will surely raid my house should the occasion ever arise. :p

Would you mind clarifying your question for me please?
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Stopping by to show some love to Discovering Juliana .. I love it <3 Enjoying the banter on this thread too :) I am so very glad that Juliana and Kevin are working towards a wonderful future (not gonna sink our ship are you Jes??) AND <3 Harold <3 .. Won't even go there .. what a guy! My only question would be is do you have a synopsis planned for this story too?

Hey Lisa! Thanks for stopping by! I wouldn't be nice if I sank the ship, eh? LOL I'll keep in mind the angry mob that will surely raid my house should the occasion ever arise. :p

@Jes2G I think @lisabee2 meant a summary as it's kinda long to binge read. Possibly of either the whole thing or each season. (Didn't get caught up today unfortunately... :/ )
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Hmmm - you had me in a twist... I had no idea where it was all going. I thought maybe Juliana would be the great healer of their mixed up family. But instead it seemed she made things worse instead of better. I guess I had hoped she and Harold would have connected more. When we get one word out of him I wanna high five someone! And the part with the piano - I loved...

Interesting! In my mind she and Harold do connect, but their relationship doesn't look like a typical, happy friendship, you know? He doesn't say much, and neither does she, but they get each other. Actually, there's a chapter in the not so distance future where we'll get a reminder of how he feels about her. :smiley:

I don’t disagree that they connected, just that it might have brought about more of a change in him than it seemed to, but, you can’t teach old dogs new tricks and he is most assuredly an old dog! And he is relating to Hillary more. <3
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

@Jes2G I think @lisabee2 meant a summary as it's kinda long to binge read. Possibly of either the whole thing or each season. (Didn't get caught up today unfortunately... :/ )

Ah! Ok. Yes, I do. You can find this on the story's homepage: A foreign girl is forced to emigrate to Willow Creek shortly after her 18th birthday in order to escape the poverty and violence of her homeland. She does not speak the local language and must learn how to survive on her own. This is a coming of age story about Juliana Sepulveda’s journey toward independence and confidence in a brand new world.

I should come up with one for each season. I'll work on that!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    OH! Apparently I did LOL.

Season 1: After two weeks of wandering around Willow Creek, sleeping on park benches, and eating stale food in the park, Juliana gets desperate enough to seek help. She seeks out a woman named Harriett Humphries who previously showed an interest in helping her, but Juliana ran from her. Will Harriett still want to help Juliana?

Season 2: Juliana has to decide if she will continue to hide out and sulk, or will she get on with her life and forgive Harriett. This season explores Juliana’s life as a stronger, more mature, and independent young woman. She will make her own friends, learn lessons about herself and how she feels about others, and possibly wade into the uncharted waters of love. Hillary’s life, on the other hand, begins to go on a downward spiral as we learn more about how she sees herself and what she truly wants.

Season 3: Juliana gets closer to achieving her dream while Hillary faces a tough road ahead. When tragedy strikes, the family is rocked. Will they pull together and be the close-knit family Harriett always wanted them to be? Or, will this be the thing that tears them apart for good? Will Hillary finally mature and take charge of her life? Will Juliana find independence outside the comfort of the Humphries’s hospitality? In this final season, all the questions will be answered!

These sound more like trailers LOL.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Hmmm - you had me in a twist... I had no idea where it was all going. I thought maybe Juliana would be the great healer of their mixed up family. But instead it seemed she made things worse instead of better. I guess I had hoped she and Harold would have connected more. When we get one word out of him I wanna high five someone! And the part with the piano - I loved...

Interesting! In my mind she and Harold do connect, but their relationship doesn't look like a typical, happy friendship, you know? He doesn't say much, and neither does she, but they get each other. Actually, there's a chapter in the not so distance future where we'll get a reminder of how he feels about her. :smiley:

I don’t disagree that they connected, just that it might have brought about more of a change in him than it seemed to, but, you can’t teach old dogs new tricks and he is most assuredly an old dog! And he is relating to Hillary more. <3

Ohhh I see. You wanted to see more of how his relationship with Juliana softened him? That would have been nice to see! The cool yet frustrating thing about hindsight is seeing all our missed opportunities lol. I have so many!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    *GASP*
    I just discovered the season 1 page was broken!! So sorry folks. The chapters are there now.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/simslit/discovering-juliana/season-1/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Good morning! Let's discuss Hillary today.

ObgReAG.jpg
    forum_final.png

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member

ObgReAG.jpg

Ooh! Yes, let's!

Hillary has been so many things to me over the seasons. Did anyone think she had the ability to step into her mother's shoes? Like, even the potential? I certainly didn't at first. She really surprised me.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

ObgReAG.jpg

Ooh! Yes, let's!

Hillary has been so many things to me over the seasons. Did anyone think she had the ability to step into her mother's shoes? Like, even the potential? I certainly didn't at first. She really surprised me.

I wanted her to buck up buttercup so bad! And finally, she started, but it took such huge life changing events for it to happen. New life and death.....But I am very proud of her....now, I thoink she is ready for the next step...to step on board the Jillary..... Yes, I love my ships. I just want everyone to have their happy ever after... <3
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I didn't either lol. There have been so many versions of this story before I settled on what you're reading now, so she has been so many things to me too. She wasn't always going to get pregnant. Harriett wasn't always going to die. I always intended for her life to improve, but not always so dramatically. So, yeah, even though I'm writing this story, I find myself feeling proud of her too as she develops into this amazing woman, mother, and soon-to-be significant other. I can say that, right @AudreyFld? lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @cecerose0208 I didn't either lol. There have been so many versions of this story before I settled on what you're reading now, so she has been so many things to me too. She wasn't always going to get pregnant. Harriett wasn't always going to die. I always intended for her life to improve, but not always so dramatically. So, yeah, even though I'm writing this story, I find myself feeling proud of her too as she develops into this amazing woman, mother, and soon-to-be significant other. I can say that, right @AudreyFld? lol

Yes you can! <3 *claps hands and jumps up and down maniacally*
  • Options

Yes you can! <3 *claps hands and jumps up and down maniacally*

LOL
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Questions for everyone!

We agree that Harriett's death in conjunction with becoming a mother propelled Hillary into the person she is now. What if Harriett were still with us? How do you think Hillary would be today? Would the unexpected pregnancy alone be enough even if it took a little longer? How long would she have waited to confront Jase?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Questions for everyone!

We agree that Harriett's death in conjunction with becoming a mother propelled Hillary into the person she is now. What if Harriett were still with us? How do you think Hillary would be today? Would the unexpected pregnancy alone be enough even if it took a little longer? How long would she have waited to confront Jase?

That's a good question. If she got there, it would have taken much longer. She may have stayed in complete denial even after the baby was born since Harriett would have seen to it that she was taken care of. Something more may have had to happen...
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

That's a good question. If she got there, it would have taken much longer. She may have stayed in complete denial even after the baby was born since Harriett would have seen to it that she was taken care of. Something more may have had to happen...

Agreed.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    agggggggghhhhh. i was in game most of the day so i didn't know jes changed avis. :p
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

Are you going to do an overview for this story too ..

(ahem I would be in that mob LOL)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

ObgReAG.jpg

Ooh! Yes, let's!

Aww she is doing so good <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah today is ice cream replacement day. its also star wars day.
  • Options
    agggggggghhhhh. i was in game most of the day so i didn't know jes changed avis. :p

I figured I should have Juliana in there in honor of us talking about her. :smiley:
    forum_final.png

• Options

Are you going to do an overview for this story too ..

(ahem I would be in that mob LOL)

Oh, I guess the one I posted wasn't satisfactory LOL. What would you suggest?
    forum_final.png

• Options

What the heck is ice cream replacement day? LOL Can I replace all my meals with ice cream?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Questions for everyone!

Hillary was in therapy before Harriett died, right? I don't remember for sure. I think the therapy would've helped. Perhaps not as drastically as her mother dying, but I think she'd at least be at a place where she was working on fixing things with Jase, and with her father.

I am absolutely sure that the taking-care-of-the-whole-family thing would NOT have happened were Harriett still with us. My guess is Hillary would still be very self-focused, extending only to include Abigail. I doubt she would've patched up her relationship with Juliana either.
  • Options

What the heck is ice cream replacement day? LOL Can I replace all my meals with ice cream?

Oooh, I hope that's what that is, lol.