Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Forgotten NPCs

auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
It has been 3ish years since the base game came out. They released pools about a month later after release and toddlers took about 2 years. Are they actually never going to add basic NPCs (mainly burglars & firefighters but also mailmen, police) that the past games had? I know there’s been numerous topics but it’s actually laughable that it wasn’t in the base game or added by now.
Did the developers or gurus ever comment on the matter? Having NPCs for me at least really added some “realistic” gameplay to my families-like having to call fire fighters/police for emergencies and not just treating it like anything else that could happen in the game.

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    There are already mailpeople. O.O I'm not sure there have ever NOT been mailpeople.

A (very, very dumb) reason has been given for not including burglars, and therefore we'll probably never get police NPCs. Not sure what's going on with the lack of firefighters, though---we definitely have fires.
  • Options
    There are already mailpeople. O.O I'm not sure there have ever NOT been mailpeople.

A (very, very dumb) reason has been given for not including burglars, and therefore we'll probably never get police NPCs. Not sure what's going on with the lack of firefighters, though---we definitely have fires.

I actually have never seen mailmen! Never really looked though just got notifications that they couldn’t reach the mailbox. I guess I was thinking about newspaper kids but that along with house phones is obselete now in most houses I assume.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    auginstine wrote: »

I actually have never seen mailmen! Never really looked though just got notifications that they couldn’t reach the mailbox.

Yeah. It can be easy to miss them, but they're there.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I do really miss the firemen. A few of my Sims have died in house fires that could have been put out by a fire fighter!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    *looks at fire alarm and sprinkler system* Uhhh...Maxis? Forgetting something?
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Fires would break out in sims 2 almost nightly back in the day, so ridiculous
  • Options
    MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    I miss firemen and police in the sims. Sims getting robbed or having to call for help with a fire added a little chaos that sims 4 has yet to have. I understand newspapers and home phones may be obsolete in most homes bit i still wish they were in the game and I had the option for my kid amd teen sims not to have a cellphone.
  • Options
    Mgalb wrote: »
    I miss firemen and police in the sims. Sims getting robbed or having to call for help with a fire added a little chaos that sims 4 has yet to have. I understand newspapers and home phones may be obsolete in most homes bit i still wish they were in the game and I had the option for my kid amd teen sims not to have a cellphone.

I miss them too. The burglar music made me instantly tense as hell, but still.

TS4 needs the Matchmaker also---so the game can generate new townies for my Sims to marry and I don't have to waste time creating them in CAS.
  • Options
    MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    Mgalb wrote: »

I miss them too. The burglar music made me instantly tense as hell, but still.

TS4 needs the Matchmaker also---so the game can generate new townies for my Sims to marry and I don't have to waste time creating them in CAS.

I miss the matchmaker too and it's not like they added online dating to fill that hole in a modern way. As for the music i remember the first time I heard it in sims 1 I ran from the computer room to get my older brother to help because I was so scared bit I loved it anyway.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Not only we need base game NPC but we also need special NPC in EP's. I remember in The SIms 2 where each Expansion keeps adding an NPC that is unique to the rest of the characters that is released on that pack. I miss NPC's
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It seems to me that adding firefighters would be very simple. The game already has the ability to spawn service sims on the active lot, and the only other obstacles are an outfit and a simple animation.

I don't see what the big deal is.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I don't get it either. Specially firefighters, how are they still not in game? What's the point of having fire alarms?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    EA are joke right now. They cant put even simple things. We have talking toilet instead а burglar for example.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    You just know if that ‘dangerous stuff’ theme had been picked, we would have burglars by now. But no, instead we have washing machines. :pensive:
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I don't know WHERE exactly in the world EA is located, but it must be nice to have NO crimes and not need a police force!

I thought Sims was supposed to be a "Life Simulation" type of game. Clearly, I was TOTALLY wrong!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    The thing is...the sims 4 world already HAS police. Get to Work has the police career, they're just not npcs...which makes it even more ridiculous, really. If they're there as a job, as an entire lot & a playable job, why not actually have them be something more? An actual part of the game? Hello? Maxis?
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited April 2018
    I was thinking awhile back, and commented in another thread, that maybe the reason police and firefighters aren't yet in the game is that they're being saved for a potential cars/vehicles pack. Perhaps this has not yet been ruled out, or is maybe even in development. I must agree, if this is the case, that it would seem more natural with the firetruck, and the police car to haul off the perpetrator. It's a speculation of mine, haha, but prolly not worth getting all revved up over. :smirk:
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Not only we need base game NPC but we also need special NPC in EP's. I remember in The SIms 2 where each Expansion keeps adding an NPC that is unique to the rest of the characters that is released on that pack. I miss NPC's

That is true, Sims 2 had the best special NPCs. I think one of the best ones was Mrs. Crumplebottom-she actually hit your sim with her purse when you were doing romantic interactions on a public lot during a date!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    About time the game allowed us to assign our own NPCs rather than the game create ones for us.
  • Options
    StormIVXStormIVX Posts: 12 New Member
    Its bonkers to me why the burglar element hasn't been brought back. We have police (if you own GTW)
    How awesome would it be if a sim you made to be a police officer could be the one to arrest a thief (a sim who's in the criminal career)
    So many possibilities in TS4, too bad no one cares to add these features in. The base is already there!