The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know WA Thread

Comments

• Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Did you know each of the 3 incense burners give of different moodlets that help with different interactions? One is love, one is for homework and I forget the other. :?
  • Options
    weeniepgbcweeniepgbc Posts: 29 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have been taking an extra sim on vacation so they can fish.. I get them to get 10 crocodiles, dragonfish, the Koi's etc.. and bring them home to stock our pond. They are also good for excavating all the dig sites while your other sim does the tombs.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited November 2009
    I went to throw a house party and next to each guests name on the phone list was a little green bar with their AGE !!! Nice to be able to know if they are

I thought that was in the base game? Since if you hover over their names prior to WA there is the same green bar

the scooter (I thought they use bikes in China?)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Patty_BoodPatty_Bood Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Did you know that you can woohoo in a sarcophagus with pretty much anybody married or not and you don't have to build up the relationship or flirt first and it doesn't effect the relationship with family members if you do it with a married sim. I had my sim woohoo Gunther Goth in the sarc while his wife was in my sim's living room and they both just walked out like nothing happened and then my sim ate mac and cheese with the wife! All was good.
  • Options
    SurprisiumSurprisium Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    Did you know that insane Sims wear the wrong clothing even when showing off a new belt in martial arts?

I hate it, my insane Sim NEVER WEARS THE RIGHT CLOTHES EVER! He'll spar in a suit, though, which is sick.

Also, I found this thread because I was looking up the Tiberium stuff. I'm amazed at how easy it was for me to find it, but I guess it was just a luck/freaking out because they were getting sick thing. Ha! I didn't know it grows and spawns new ones, though. That sounds like the best way to make money EVER.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2009
    - Did you know that when you reconstruct the Blessed/Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings, Evil Sims always get Cursed sarcophagus while Good Sims get the Blessed variation.

- Did you know that to become a Mummy, you don't need to be cursed by a Mummy first... sleeping thrice in a row in the Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings is enough.

- Did you know that placing 8 gems of the same cut or 8 metal bars on the XL display and using irreversible transfigurification transforms them into one large version?
  • Options
    HairySimsmithHairySimsmith Posts: 94 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Obscurus wrote:
    - Did you know that when you reconstruct the Blessed/Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings, Evil Sims always get Cursed sarcophagus while Good Sims get the Blessed variation.

- Did you know that to become a Mummy, you don't need to be cursed by a Mummy first... sleeping thrice in a row in the Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings is enough.

- Did you know that placing 8 gems of the same cut or 8 metal bars on the XL display and using irreversible transfigurification transforms them into one large version?

Has anyone tried 8 crystal skulls? Do you get a larger one?
  • Options
    darrqqrraddarrqqrrad Posts: 446 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hello ...Great thread ...Did you know the Gnome from France ( got it from exporing the crypt ) 1. Lays on its side with its thumb in its mouth ? 2. Stands strait with both arms at its side ? 3. Leans forward a little and points ?

edit: board format is goofy.
  • Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited December 2009
    MadameLee wrote:
    I went to throw a house party and next to each guests name on the phone list was a little green bar with their AGE !!! Nice to be able to know if they are

I thought that was in the base game? Since if you hover over their names prior to WA there is the same green bar

They do use bikes in China unless they bought a scooter in France.My sim went to France first were she bought a scooter then China.I had her go somewhere in China and she used the scooter.It's so much faster then the bike.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited December 2009
    Did you know that a lot of people can't even play WA??

Did you know that EA tech support cannot even tell you what error code 12 MEANS? Let alone fix it!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yes I know that but I feel pretty sure EA will release another patch soon to fix all these problems.In the base game I think the first patch was released 2 weeks later and fixed a lot of issues people were complaining about.

I figure a lot will be fixed like the changing families crash,crash when taking pictures with camera,food spoiling too quickly,swimming pool bug that causes pool water to look black and sims to be invisible,broken relationships,aging issues,marriages to sims in foreign lands your sim hasn't married and so many more.
  • Options
    guinevereannesguinevereannes Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Did you know that if you morn at the graves at the celtic burial moud (france) you get something new? (well the hole to explore, haven't gotten that far yet, still exploring the main part of the cave)

And, that behind the burial mound near the broken cart there's a place to stand, there's alot more to the burial mound then you think!

Did you know that you get rewarded for fully exploring tombs when you haven't fully explored them?

Did you know that its HARD to have 2 sims havingtheir own adventures at the same time. (no line up the actions and go! Too much stuff is unknown)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2009
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Did you know that a lot of people can't even play WA??

Did you know that EA tech support cannot even tell you what error code 12 MEANS? Let alone fix it!

And we are all supposed to say: "Ooops, our bad. We're actually posting about having a good time with World Adventures. We forgot that there are Simmers mourning world wide because they can't play their games. Now let's all get back with the program and bash EA for the fact that WA sucks."

Sorry...I can't seem to get behind that concept of yours, and I refuse to apologize for actually enjoying reading a positive thread about World Adventures that is also very informative. It's also not very nice of you to try to hijack this thread just for your own agenda.

Back on did you know: Did you know that if you have a Sim in the military career and you change the pants on the explorer's outfit to camouflage, then the game sees that as the regular army uniform, and that's what your Sim wears to work? Found that out the hard way, so I had to go back and change the color on the pants to just plain brown. Shame.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited December 2009
    MadameLee wrote:

They do use bikes in China unless they bought a scooter in France.My sim went to France first were she bought a scooter then China.I had her go somewhere in China and she used the scooter.It's so much faster then the bike.

Did you know that if you put a car in your sims inventory before you leave to go on an adventure, they'll use that instead? It's takes less than a minute to go from one side of Egypt to the other in a Bwan Speedster YL.
  • Options
    EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    And this thing about Skulls.... What do you mean? Sorry - some of the previous comments were unclear.... Do you mean that putting 10 gems in a case (cut or uncut??) will turn them into a crystal skull??

The following thread is actually a more in-depth discussion of the Large Display Case Transfiguration Phenomenon:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/132219.page

The upshot is that there appear to be certain formulae for transforming 'base' materials into (sometimes) higher quality, higher value items - essentially, display-case alchemy! As you can see in this thread, people are still working towards compiling a list of known transformations, and new formulae are being discovered all the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MadameLee wrote:

Did you know that if you put a car in your sims inventory before you leave to go on an adventure, they'll use that instead? It's takes less than a minute to go from one side of Egypt to the other in a Bwan Speedster YL.

Really I didn't know this.I'll put a car in my sims inventory and try that.
  • Options
    FaeIsabellaFaeIsabella Posts: 31 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Bump
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    Jarsie9: You said "sorry" and "I refuse to apologize" in the same sentence. LOL!

Anyway, I've been enjoying this thread immensely even though I'm one of the people who can't play WA. I'm hoping that 1) when I get a new, high-end computer in a few weeks and 2) when EA comes out with a patch, that I will finally be able to play the Expansion. This thread makes me excited for the day I can finally play WA, too. (I've already bought it, but it won't load on my computer ... I don't know if it's my computer's fault or just the fault of a buggy game. ... still trying to figure it out.) Anyway, it sounds like an awesome, fun expansion.
  • Options
    elie7688elie7688 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Did you know that the hot springs in China have a hidden cave underneath the ponds? You access it by exploring the dive well thats on the top floor. You need Pangu's axe to get to it.
  • Options
    CzeriCzeri Posts: 36 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Did you know that you can buy the book "Parkour" in France (although it has a wrong cover). And male sims with the French trait kiss when they meet.
  • Options
    MissReena73MissReena73 Posts: 255 Member
    edited December 2009
    Bumping because I like this thread :)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2009
    Here is a useful cheat for your poor Sims that you take to China. Did you know that your Sim can take home any of the books that are in the bookcase of the guesthouse in China. When the Sim returns home, the books can be sold for full value if you sell them the day you get home.

I had one of my Sims do a speedreading session (she's a bookworm), take several books home with her, sell them, and build her own home. And that was only on the first day back.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MoolymooPlayerMoolymooPlayer Posts: 269 Member
    edited December 2009
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Did you know if you "mourn" at some of the tombstones hidden in the tombs that hidden things will spawn.

So glad I've never bothered to mourn at those things. *Whew*
  • Options
    caporipcaporip Posts: 232 New Member
    edited December 2009
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Did you know if you "mourn" at some of the tombstones hidden in the tombs that hidden things will spawn.

I think mourning in some of the Egyptian tombs is required to solve puzzles/open doors etc.
  • Options
    KiefSaffaKiefSaffa Posts: 176
    edited December 2009
    caporip wrote:
    DarkMirage wrote:

I think mourning in some of the Egyptian tombs is required to solve puzzles/open doors etc.

I think she was being Sarcastic Characterised by "Whew"
    :lol: