The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does one change ones Username?

AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
edited February 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Hello, just like the title says, Is it possible to change ones username on The Sims Forum. I recently Changed my Origin account username to Godzilla-Force, and I want to know if I can do for my Sims Forum Account?

Comments

• Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited February 2017
    It isn't without the help of a forum moderator. I was told to either send a PM directly to @SimGuruDrake or post a request on her profile page explaining the reason for the username change. Both of which I did some time ago, but haven't received a response. Perhaps she's just very busy or maybe this isn't being done anymore. Either way, I don't have any desire to be impatient or rude, so maybe time will tell.
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    Unfortunately no you cannot change your username I wanted to change mine too but it isn't possible. Looking at the moderator's profile they never responded to comments about username changes so I am guessing that usernames are not changeable anymore.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,370 Member
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    Unfortunately no you cannot change your username I wanted to change mine too but it isn't possible. Looking at the moderator's profile they never responded to comments about username changes so I am guessing that usernames are not changeable anymore.

They still change users names when they get the chance. SimGuruDrake usually does comment on them when she has changed the names... :) SGDrake probably ends up removing the posts with the name change request at a later time. But people have had their names being change in recent weeks. Drake is just a busy person and will get to them when she can... :)

• Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited February 2017
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    They still change users names when they get the chance. SimGuruDrake usually does comment on them when she has changed the names... :) SGDrake probably ends up removing the posts with the name change request at a later time. But people have had their names being change in recent weeks. Drake is just a busy person and will get to them when she can... :)

Ah okay, good to know. Figured that was the case. I understand how it is to be really busy so there's no big hurry. :)

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    The title is strangely polite; I didn't expect to see the Queen's English on the internet! xD I guess the world is a big place!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I've heard you have a better chance at requesting a name change if your username is your real name.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RaniblossomeRaniblossome Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks for the info!