Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out, I want to be a Chef, Waitress & Host......

Seriously I have 8 sims in my household and I want to contribute one of them as a Chef. but I can't because the only thing I can do is being a manager instead. Seriously why can't my sim be the top chef.

how long will they patch Dine Out? there's more to revamped with an update.
39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Not sure if they will or not. They keep saying that they "hear us." But if they truly had then they would have known that players wanted their sims to be able to not only own the lots, but work in them as well. Also to be able to hire sims that you created.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I wish we could do this. I hate that I can run a retail store with just my household, but if I want to run a restaurant I have to hire townies. This is one of my only complaints for the pack.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It's more than likely not going to be patched in. But I agree, it should have been a feature.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Not going to happen sadly. I can't make profit due to having to hire NPC employees. While TS2 OFB allowed household members to work at your businesses to save money and gain higher profits (not to mention the AI was better in TS2). It does get boring walking from table to table asking and begging the same exact Sims you just served though since TS4 makes only a select few Sims ever appear on a lot. So Bella Goth will always appear and never really anyone else.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    Just wait for the modding community. I'm sure there will be a mod that allows you to hire family members, etc.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    & i wish every sim in every profession would be playable, for some would suffice to send them off to work, other would be nice to accompany to an active career

but it isn't going to happen with TS4
    most stuff is FX, fake, uneditable & unplayably preselected, all there just to watch - not to play with it

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I agree, OP, I wanted my playable sims to be various staff members in a restaurant. I wanted my Bob Pancakes to be both the owner and the chef of Bob's House of Pancakes. Alas, it was not to be. And I have yet to see them go back and add features to past packs. So I really doubt it will ever happen. Instead, I'm playing Sims 2, where my sims can own and play any staff member of their restaurant. At least in Sims 2, I'm not as restricted and limited in the gameplay I want.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I think, at this point, Sims 2 may be the last and only sims game that allows us this kind of freedom in any business content. :disappointed:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I think, at this point, Sims 2 may be the last and only sims game that allows us this kind of freedom in any business content. :disappointed:

I know, the developers need to step up with their programming skills!!!!

39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm somewhat disappointed with a few things in the Dining Out pack. I have opened a retail store and am selling art and food with 'Get to Work', which has a few snags but does what it promises and is fun to experiment with. I can bring things I cook to sell in the store or cook on site. I would love if I could be a chef in Dining Out. I can only manage. Eventually you can upgrade the employee skills and menu, but it's still a struggle to clear much income (or not loose it) unless you mark up 300% and have upscale menu items only. Also, random customers do not get enough attention or get ignored (according to them), and my wait staff keep leaving for a run.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8