Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There will be NO Quarterly Teaser next quarter...why?

Comments

• Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    There's nothing that suggests the next EP is Seasons, besides some people's wishful thinking.

Over-speculating is definitely a thing on this forum, but I have to disagree and say that there have been significant hints towards seasons. The same type of hints were found for pets, as well as toddlers.

So I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to speculate seasons is next down the pipe line. But you are right in that no one truly knows.

Just because pets and toddlers are now released doesn’t retrospectively make things in the game hints. For instance Get Together’s DJ booth sometimes displays a dog. Doesn’t it mean it was a hint for pets? Absolutely not and pets were not even the next EP after Get Together.

People actually found codes in the game that referenced pets and toddlers a long time before their release. Now that’s way stronger evidence when something is actually coming, as opposed some objects’ description vaguely mentioning Seasons or some random icons resembling seasons.

Seasons is definitely coming as to when who knows but the development team does read what people ask for and depending on the demand they try to deliver. Seasons is a huge request. We also go surveys a few years back with a seasons ep as a choice for a “would you buy” question. There might be coding in the game but most the people who found the coding in the past are busy with other things.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    even if it were the case, I don't see why that would stop them from teasing whatever else was going to come out before that.

don't mind me though, i'm no speculation junkie. I truly have no idea what I'm talking about. Just kind of my two cents.

I think there trying to realease more packs then normal but if for example it doesn’t get done on time they avoide a teaser. Everyone knows when the quarters are so if the pack gets pushed its evident.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    why does everyone keep thinking TS5 is coming soon? I know TS4 has been going a while but I don't think they're anywhere close to finished yet.

I do think they've got something big coming though, if it's not an EP it'll be something that they want us to get hype for. Or maybe they're just withholding information so they get a bigger turn out for EA play?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    It could be because SimDrake left and they have no one else doing the job. But I'm thinking they are planning something different that doesn't follow past release patterns. The first pet pack came out of nowhere, so I know not to expect anything like they did in the past.

I might be wrong, but didn't they introduce Get Together during the summer of its release. The EA Play in June comes in the tail end of the quarter, but it seems like they are planning something special based on their hints. I signed up to go to it this year, because they built up the fact they are going to be attending. I can't see them pushing the experience for free content.

I hate that there won't be a teaser this quarter, but I'm hoping they are introducing a supernatural GP or season EP.

• Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member

Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    There MUST be something because they said ''Here's your chance to PLAY our next Sims 4 experience''

Not necessarily. As I mentioned, they could announce something in the quarter that isn’t released until the next quarter. So people would still be able to play it before release at EA play

If something is playable at a big event then it should release shortly after it. Like they did with Fitness SP and Toddlers SP. They released them 1 week after EA Play/GamesCom.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's either Seasons or a bunch of free Updates. Maybe we finally get the option of an Open World in the neighborhoods? Visiting your neighbors without loading screens!
    (Could be disabled in options for low-end PCs tho)

But of course we'll also get a Stuff Pack, we always get one. Maybe Starter Home Stuff?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I've been playing sims 4 too much lately so last night I had a dream that the reason for no quarterly teaser was....
    Sims 4 A prehistoric adventure Pack XD
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What if they don't release a quarter teaser because they will announce Seasons soon and they don't want to spoil it in the quarterly teaser ? My prediction: The Sims 4 EP 5 (Seasons) announcement - Early/Middle April
    EA Play - Play it before the worldwide release
    Release date - End of June (26th June) .

That's what I'm thinking. Hey! What if they are stepping up their game and we get witches with seasons and 2EPs this year. I can dream...
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    When is EA play? Maybe that has something to do with the lack of a quarterly teaser. Why tease something you can announce then.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I will join others who's said it will be in an EP that might get revelead, as they never really anoounced any EP at quarterly teasers. I remember City Living was announced around at Q3 on youtube. it wasn't at the Q3 teaser because of its Q4 release, so it will probably be in an EP.

Also I don't think it will released by June if this was an EP as they always had months if marketing. Now if the EP was announced at June but will get released to November, Then I can expect a huge backlash of boycott like on what gappen at Get Together announcement. Announcing it at June and releasing by Novemeber means that the pack wasn't ready yet and will still has a ton of missing features, which wull anger amny fans...

Might be a bit off topic but regarding with their marketing team, they did an awful job at marketing expansions. The only EP that had a great marketingb was Get to Work. From music spotlights to short fun trailers(not clips) uts definitely feels like they are putting effort on the game. Meanwhile on Get Together they announced to early, at the time if its announcement the main features of the pack like clubs are not yet ready ro be shown, which makes it a reason for many if us to misuneratood the theme. It was awful. Lukilly the developers made sure that the content is a top notch and game changing, and that actually made the game more exciting. The marketing did try to get back the hype. They improved on City Living but the content is awful, so idk. Lastly their biggest expansion technical wise which is where they put so much effort Cats and Dogs recieved also an awful marketing imo. Lack of information, only three trailers, no fun trailers to watch, most impirtant aspect(gameplay with pets) was given a week before release, it was awful. To be honest with tgat type of marketing I kinda feel that the decs are more proud of Get to Wirk than Cats and Dogs. I wish the next EP will get a proper marketing.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    In my observation, EA have been making some big changes lately regarding Sims 4. The forum moderators are now all EA staff rather than Maxis. SimGuruDrake has left and with her goes the teaser trailers and probably many other things she did. It seems to me that EA have decided to take an even stronger hands-on approach to Sims 4. This tells me that it's still a very important product to the company. I'm wondering if they've been paying more attention to the feedback and have decided to incorporate some changes for the future. Or maybe they're planning an offshoot game that encompasses things that people are missing in Sims 4. Could be an overhaul of traits, could be build changes so we can actually alter our neighborhoods, could be new emotions, cars, weather...or it could be something totally different, like a new program for simmer input and feedback.

In the end, it could be something really mundane after all, but hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get an idea of what's in store.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks a GP is simply too small to warrant the focus of the sims being at EA play? it seems to me that an EP is the only type of pack that it could be.

I think its possible.

Game packs are a lot smaller than expansion packs.

You could be right
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2018
    I assume that the reason there's no teaser is that part of Drake's job was coordinating putting that together between development and marketing - figuring out what was ready to show that early and what would be enough but not too much. If there's nobody to do that coordination, there's not going to be a teaser. It's not like it's a Grand Old Tradition that's disappeared, anyway. The teasers only started a couple of years ago.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    There MUST be something because they said ''Here's your chance to PLAY our next Sims 4 experience''

Not necessarily. As I mentioned, they could announce something in the quarter that isn’t released until the next quarter. So people would still be able to play it before release at EA play

If something is playable at a big event then it should release shortly after it. Like they did with Fitness SP and Toddlers SP. They released them 1 week after EA Play/GamesCom.

Those were both stuff packs, though. EPs always have a longer lead time. Plus, the beginning of July is only a few weeks after EA play. So it’s definitely a possibility.
  • Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member

Those were both stuff packs, though. EPs always have a longer lead time. Plus, the beginning of July is only a few weeks after EA play. So it’s definitely a possibility.

Yeah, you are right but I think we have to know everything about the pack before EA Play because the people who will play it at it will tell us everything (if we don't know anything about the EP) so there's no point to wait +1 month if we know EVERYTHING about it. So for that I think it'll release shortly after EA Play. (+ I highly doubt that they won't release anything this quarter) .
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I liked the teasaers because it let us know what's going to happen, what's coming up, and what were paying for. This is bad but if it's a April Fool's Prank that would be an awesome prank *cross fingers* hope it's a prank.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    I assume that the reason there's no teaser is that part of Drake's job was coordinating putting that together between development and marketing - figuring out what was ready to show that early and what would be enough but not too much. If there's nobody to do that coordination, there's not going to be a teaser. It's not like it's a Grand Old Tradition that's disappeared, anyway. The teasers only started a couple of years ago.

They were usefull to see what would come. So it's a pity.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    They always say ''Exciting news are coming, amazing contents are coming'' and always it's a disappointment. So I don't wait for anything, just TS5. And it will be the first time that I don't even want to hear about Seasons, I'm wondering how they'll be able to make it plum.

I don't know. All of the guru's said they were excited and great year planned out for 2017, everyone said "oh great more star wars costumes"

We wound up getting Toddlers, Vampires, Parenthood Pack and Cats and dogs.

If that's your idea of disappointment then I really don't think we like the same packs, so bring on the disappointment! :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    lexus20 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    What I said in another thread:

Maybe the next (and ONLY in the next quarter) pack will be (Seasons) the next Expansion. I don't think they want to ruin the surprise by releasing a teaser for the Expansion before it has been announced.

My guess is they will announce the next EP in April with a normal trailer and blog etc, have a few months of marketing and hands on at EA Play in June and then release by the end of june.

That's the only thing I can think of why they aren't releasing a teaser now.

This is exactly what I think as well, especially because in the tweet they said "Here's your chance to play our next Sims 4 experience.", it doesn't mean they are announcing it, just that it will be available to play, so it could have already been announced by then.

Yup and it’s weird that how many people think something will be annouced at EA Play. They like to talk about their brand new games at the EA Play press conference, as opposed some DLC pack for The Sims (most mainstream gamers couldn’t care less about The Sims, and their press conference is heavily aimed to mainstream gamers; if I’m not mistaken they didn’t talk about The Sims at all in the last three EA Play conferences). Whatever that will be playable at EA Play is likely annouced before it.

We also didn't have anything to announce or talk about at EA play, we only had stuff packs out which were hands on and you did get to play.

If an expansion pack is announced like seasons then yes, that would be a big deal. Sims 4 is a huge money maker, and EA is on SUPER thin ice right now. Their reddit post about the new Starwars game was the absolute most down voted reddit post in history by FAR.
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    There's nothing that suggests the next EP is Seasons, besides some people's wishful thinking.

Over-speculating is definitely a thing on this forum, but I have to disagree and say that there have been significant hints towards seasons. The same type of hints were found for pets, as well as toddlers.

So I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to speculate seasons is next down the pipe line. But you are right in that no one truly knows.

Just because pets and toddlers are now released doesn’t retrospectively make things in the game hints. For instance Get Together’s DJ booth sometimes displays a dog. Doesn’t it mean it was a hint for pets? Absolutely not and pets were not even the next EP after Get Together.

People actually found codes in the game that referenced pets and toddlers a long time before their release. Now that’s way stronger evidence when something is actually coming, as opposed some objects’ description vaguely mentioning Seasons or some random icons resembling seasons.

The Guru's have been talking about seasons a bit more lately however, specifically about feedback regarding people's fears about weather being isolated to one world.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I wonder how much this news about "exciting news " ties into the meeting with the Game influencers that was just a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Maybe we don't get a teaser this quarter because they will release something like sims stories/medieval? It would have something to do with sims and it would be something big, that people could play at EA Play..
    It was just a thought I had the other day but I thought maybe they don't want to take away focus from that by releasing anything big for s4 so they are not doing a teaser..
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    It's almost April 1st... I won't drop to conclusions until April 2nd.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks a GP is simply too small to warrant the focus of the sims being at EA play? it seems to me that an EP is the only type of pack that it could be.

Depends on the GP -- if it's something like Witches or Magic (like a reboot of Sims 1 Makin' Magic) I think it would warrant a lot of focus, especially if it's done as well as the Vampires pack was.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is that there is no indication that the quarterly teasers will stop indefinitely. It could just be for this quarter.
    1FKDfKj.png