The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod for slower need decay?

Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
Hello, its really hard to go from the sims 4 to the the sims 2 as needs decay so fast! I cant seem to get anything done in game i spend nearly all my time trying to get my sims needs back up again! Does anyone know of any mods that slow down the decay of needs?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited March 2018
    They don't decay that fast... Why would you spend all your time doing that (meaning how unfun to do :( )? They only need something when it hits dark orange... or red. :lol:

Anyway, there's the Aspiration Perks on UI under Rewards-Aspiration Rewards-Lifetime Aspiration Rewards.
    If you need more points there's cheats -aspirationPoints # to get more.

There's the Energizer in the Rewards-Aspiration Rewards- It will fill them up. Use it in gold or platinum.

They can earn the Gold Flower arranging badge to make snapdragons which gives boost to needs and will keep them green all the time (but for Energy).

Juice from all the gardening will give them energy and fill up their Aspiration meter. http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=juices
    Besides adding some to the fridge (or cooking caught fish) will fill up their hunger faster (too full, imo).

The Espresso machine gives a nice energy boost.

A nap...

...if you want to just pause their needs for a bit, use the cheat- motiveDecay off
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello, its really hard to go from the sims 4 to the the sims 2 as needs decay so fast! I cant seem to get anything done in game i spend nearly all my time trying to get my sims needs back up again! Does anyone know of any mods that slow down the decay of needs?

Yep!

This is the one I use and I love it. It comes with presets to slow down or speed up your need decay according to your preferences, or you can set them yourself however you like.

I mostly use it while skill building (on Defender mode - it keeps their needs from decaying too much and their levels remain on a nice even keel), so my sims aren't constantly stopping a task because they need to eat, use the bathroom, or take a shower.

You can find the pink flamingo under the miscellaneous/miscellaneous section of buy/build. You can place it anywhere you like and have your sim click on it to set it up.

BO - Need Freak

simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0
    Post edited by Shae on
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Wow... TS4 must really be easy. It's one reason I don't think people should move to the harder games. They have so much time to do everything- with the Elixir in TS2....

If BO is Boiling Oil and is on Lee-Fish, it won't link here.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Wow... TS4 must really be easy. It's one reason I don't think people should move to the harder games. They have so much time to do everything- with the Elixir in TS2....

For me personally, it's not that the Sims 2 is harder to play (which it isn't), but rather with my limited vision these days, I like to mod my game according to MY specific needs that will accommodate my playing style.

I do it for all of my games, not just the Sims ones. Modding - that is.

The link is still clickable, I checked it after posting.

Edit - Oh and like I posted before, it's customizable. So if you want to keep some needs active while disabling some, you can do that, or speed them up if you want more of a challenge during game play. It's all up to the player. It's not an "one size fits all fix". You adjust it to your liking.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

• Options
    Shae wrote: »

For me personally, it's not that the Sims 2 is harder to play (which it isn't), but rather with my limited vision these days, I like to mod my game according to MY specific needs that will accommodate my playing style.

Edit - Oh and like I posted before, it's customizable. So if you want to keep some needs active while disabling some, you can do that, or speed them up if you want more of a challenge during game play. It's all up to the player. It's not an "one size fits all fix". You adjust it to your liking.

Yes, I understand modding a game to the playing style but this makes it easier- no matter the style. :)

Weird, I checked the link and it when to Yahoo for me. :(

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Shae wrote: »

Yes, I understand modding a game to the playing style but this makes it easier- no matter the style. :)

Weird, I checked the link and it when to Yahoo for me. :(

Fixed! Does it allow me to stop some needs while keeping others active? If so, maybe I'll give it a shot.

• Options
    Its not that the sims 2 is harder, its because the sims 4 is too easy and ive become lazy lol
  • Options
    Thanks for the link :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks for the link :smile:

You're very welcome! :)

• Options
    You're not lazier- you're just learning, or relearning, the ways of TS2. So many ways to keep their moods up by the end of it's release the complaint then was it was Too Easy. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You don't need any mods with FT installed. You can just buy the extra perks and not ever have to use the bathroom or eat or whatever. Or you can cheat by typing in motivedecay off. This will freeze the motives (needs) exactly where they are until you want them to eat , pee, or sleep etc. That cheat has been there since base game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I just use the sim modder for needs.
    You can choose by sims or the whole sims on the lot.

Its so useful for a lot of things.

Control shift c

Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false

Press control and right click on the sim

You will get a lot of options, choose sim modder

https://www.supercheats.com/pc/the-sims-2-deluxe/16827/sim-modder-and-a-list-of-cheat/

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Cool thanks :smile:
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cool thanks :smile:

Your welcome :)
    Its a neat item. Theres quite a few neat stuff when you use the cheat that opens all the options up.
    Have fun ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon