Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you keep your game interesting?

I keep my game interesting by having five toddlers (maybe six) in the house and one adult and trying to get there skills to level 5. So far, it has been really fun and I even pushed it to 7 toddlers.

What do you all do to keep it interesting???
4Wv5dIG.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    That sounds stressful, not fun, haha. I can handle one toddler. Two is pushing it. But I don't think I do anything special to keep my game interesting, but it's important for me to get attached to them. Otherwise, I'll get bored and toss them out. :p
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    That sounds stressful, not fun, haha. I can handle one toddler. Two is pushing it. But I don't think I do anything special to keep my game interesting, but it's important for me to get attached to them. Otherwise, I'll get bored and toss them out. :p

I play that way :) The more stressful, the better!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    qadara77qadara77 Posts: 44 Member
    > @Strawburry3 said:
    > That sounds stressful, not fun, haha. I can handle one toddler. Two is pushing it. But I don't think I do anything special to keep my game interesting, but it's important for me to get attached to them. Otherwise, I'll get bored and toss them out. :p

I agree with this. My 2nd generation Heir to the Legacy Challenge met and married Malcolm Landgraab. I couldn't stand him and come close to quitting my legacy family because I didn't want to play with him anymore. He finally died yesterday, after gen 4 aged to teen.
  • Options
    qadara77qadara77 Posts: 44 Member
    My answer to this question is that I switch between building and playing. I also keep a couple saved games so I can play different families without affecting my existing sims.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I keep the game interesting by having my sims flirt with everyone.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If I have a backstory and I end up feeling connected to my sim(s) it's stays interesting. If I'm playing without thinking or connecting it's not going to hold my interest.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I continue to spend money on DLC :|
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I'm playing a simself challenge I created in one save and the Not So Berry legacy challenge in another.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Usually, different stories and I don't always use the same things with each family so sometimes it takes me a bit to get through everything and that leaves things fresh. Though I guess that doesn't matter so much if the game runs I play :smiley:.

Though 7 tots...meh I can barely handle the ones I have and I insist on big families most of the time ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just play the game to relax, so I just play whichever file that fits my mood. I have a couple legacy families, a challenge file, and building file. Nothing to make it too interesting.
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I have multiple saves for different families so I can mix up who i'm playing with. Also I put risky woohoo on and then my sims end up in all sorts of trouble.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2018
    I keep an immersion thread in the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories, and Legacies forum.
    ts4cover.png
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918301/ck213s-ts4-favorite-simming-moments-the-others-pg-05/p1

I have rebooted my young adult sims and aged them down to toddlers.
    I am using my Simming Moments thread to record it all and immerse me in my game. I have a story scenario going, but I am not writing a full blown story. I just included story snippets from time to time to help with immersion.
    23%20Gamma.png

We have some catching up tp do before we can even think about going on a Jungle Adventure.
    02-20-18_9-31-28nbspAM.png

NEW ARRIVAL!
    02-11-18_3-53-06nbspPM.png

"Well look at you!
    People are going to start calling this place the home for adorable children."
    02-11-18_3-54-55nbspPM.png

Miss Peregrine puts Gamma down.
    02-11-18_3-55-02nbspPM.png

Whereupon the child suddenly transforms:
    02-11-18_3-56-22nbspPM.png

"Miss Peregrine...
    What is she?"
    02-11-18_3-56-59nbspPM.png

"She's blue like Hecate.
    Is she like us?"
    02-11-18_3-57-24nbspPM.png

Miss Peregrine is more concerned about this sudden transformation.
    "Gamma, change back. Please change back."
    02-11-18_3-58-51nbspPM.png

"Is she like us Miss Peregrine? Can we change like that too?"
    "No, Ceridwen. Gamma is... something else."
    02-11-18_3-59-17nbspPM.png

Bastet was lost in her own thoughts as Gamma changed back to human form.
    Her subconscious mind however, did not miss a thing.
    02-11-18_3-59-46nbspPM.png

"Great cats! What was that?
    How did she do that?"
    02-11-18_4-00-07nbspPM.png

"Bastet, this is Gamma. She will be living with us."
    02-11-18_4-00-28nbspPM.png

"Excellent! If someone gets too annoying about my cat eyes, I can say, 'Oh, this is nothing compared to my changeling sister.'"02-11-18_4-03-05nbspPM.png

"You will say no such thing!"
    02-11-18_4-03-29nbspPM.png

"Are you hungry, Gamma?"
    02-11-18_4-09-12nbspPM.png

"Welcome to Freak Club, kid."
    02-11-18_4-03-56nbspPM.png

It's fun to share it all with others, but it's mostly to help immerse me in my game.
    Other simmers often inspire other things for me to try too.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't watch soap operas, I play them.

I've just started a new one, with 4 sets of snobby adult siblings, and a couple of the families also have black sheep, just to stir the pot a bit.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    If my game gets stale I have a sim run away and start a new life, then a story for the family they left behind usually comes to me.
  • Options
    SupernovurSupernovur Posts: 55 Member
    I try to create as many varied buildings as I can, using Newcrest as the main hub for these buildings. For instance while I have the usual buildings you might expect gym, restaurant etc. I'm also in the process of creating:

An art shop filled with sim painted masterpieces.
    A pharmacy using mood drinks, medicine, pet tonics, herbal remidies and science serums.
    A technology shop, selling science inventions.
    A supermarket
    I've already created my alien themed restaurant, the menu only has the experimental dishes and all are made to look like an alien or a spaceman.
    I'm also toying with the idea of making a care home for the elderly, an insane asylum, pet home, separate boarding schools for children and teens and maybe an orphanage.
    I've also added buildings to granite falls to make it feel like a more varied holiday destination (might also do this for Salvadorada)

This is before I even get to home building and creating sims.
  • Options
    honeywitch wrote: »
    I'm playing a simself challenge I created in one save and the Not So Berry legacy challenge in another.

I started a not so berry challenge and got to Rose so far
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Storytelling :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Supernovur wrote: »
    I try to create as many varied buildings as I can, using Newcrest as the main hub for these buildings. For instance while I have the usual buildings you might expect gym, restaurant etc. I'm also in the process of creating:

An art shop filled with sim painted masterpieces.
    A pharmacy using mood drinks, medicine, pet tonics, herbal remidies and science serums.
    A technology shop, selling science inventions.
    A supermarket
    I've already created my alien themed restaurant, the menu only has the experimental dishes and all are made to look like an alien or a spaceman.
    I'm also toying with the idea of making a care home for the elderly, an insane asylum, pet home, separate boarding schools for children and teens and maybe an orphanage.
    I've also added buildings to granite falls to make it feel like a more varied holiday destination (might also do this for Salvadorada)

This is before I even get to home building and creating sims.

Ohh that sounds amazing! I want to see your creations now!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    So, my game is still going smooth and I love the toddlers!!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I have a scientist sim who has cloned herself about 6 times, the sixth one ended up dying from the cow plant but they other five are completely different in personality one of them is just down right evil so I've pretty much made her a super villain and called her the Gru of them all. And yes she does tend to use the sim ray A LOT! >.<
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    thesimmerannathesimmeranna Posts: 37 Member
    I normally switch around households and if I get bored I end up renovating the entire Sims save. I renovate all the lots, homes, etc. and all of the people in it, get them married and have kids, add new people. If I get done with that and I'm STILL bored. I'll cause drama in a household, either by divorce, a death, more kids, or a new job.

[img][/img]DUTbTxi.jpg
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »

I started a not so berry challenge and got to Rose so far

Nice! I'm still on Mint since I just recently started it.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah I would track down the person who created the magic fruit cake mod for TS1 and beg them to make ts4 one. Then those toddlers would be taking turns being locked in 1x1 room doing nothing but eating that need raising magic fruit cake non stop 24/7.

I just kept tinkering with what the game offers and use mod to enhance it. I LOVE lots of drama in my game and I have plenty of it....lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Considering I hate toddlers that would be a nightmare to have 6 of them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.