Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Looool yea my father had plenty. i never actually used one i think, i was too smol haha and back then i wasnt doing much on computer anyway
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    nani wrote: »
    Looool yea my father had plenty. i never actually used one i think, i was too smol haha and back then i wasnt doing much on computer anyway

You're only 1 year younger than me and tho. That's not small.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

uhm ? i always forget how old you are.
    also i remeber floppy disk as when i was little, and i didnt use them

• Options
    edited March 2018

uhm ? i always forget how old you are.
    also i remeber floppy disk as when i was little, and i didnt use them

I'm one year older than you. How much older do you think I am? XD

Floppy disks are awesome. I always felt cool holding one. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I didn't thought you were older haha

• Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I don't recall ever holding or even seeing a floppy disk, even though I know they existed when I was little.
  • Options
    I didn't thought you were older haha

That's good. Makes me feel young cuz you all are making me feel old. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited March 2018
    Today's Q Q of the day is:
    Did you ever have to experience the dial up days of the internet? How was it?

I remember it and it was kinda annoying, so I didn't bother. Haha. I also used it to mainly check my email and did research using Yahoo! It's funny cuz I still have that email and it's still my main email. Haha!

Are you kidding? I actually got to SEE the birth of the internet! Before that, nearly everyone I knew had an Encyclopedia Britannica collection!

I'll be honest - I remember a time when pretty much no one had a personal computer in their house!

What did we do during the day? We'd watch TV, listen to the radio, go to the mall to hang out with friends (or spend hundreds on your parents credit cards :lol: ) or go to the movie theater. Life was different back then. I'm not saying "better" just "different".

Now, the reason for the history lesson -

Since the introduction of the internet, alot of what I grew up with are now either extinct or dying out.

Netflix has replaced TV and theaters (one just closed not far from my house). iTunes is replacing the radio. Amazon and eBay have replaced the malls (parents can find out instantly if you've been messing with their credit cards now).

So much change. Whether it's good or bad, is up to you to decide.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    "There's a nip in the air, cold won't be good for my crops. Never is."
    Anyone reconize this quote?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm making an alt youtube/gmail/etc and i decided to make it an account for Luna XD
    Why not, my main account is practically an acc for Eclipse, so why not be one of those "fangirl" accounts XD
    Edit: Aaaaaand i don't have minutes so i can't get the verification text.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Since the introduction of the internet, alot of what I grew up with are now either extinct or dying out.

Netflix has replaced TV and theaters
    (one just closed not far from my house). iTunes is replacing the radio. Amazon and eBay have replaced the malls (parents can find out instantly if you've been messing with their credit cards now).

I. Now now don't be so dramatic. Maybe where you live but here it's still fairly rare that someone has a Netflix account/use it frequently. My theater is doing great and is not closing anytime soon.

It's funny, everytime a new thing comes it must mean the end of the other, otherwise popular, thing.
    TV was the end of theater, internet the end of TV, yet people still go to theater and people still watch TV.

II. There is a fairly large number of people who never use iTunes, including myself, and if I were to use it, it's not comparable to a radio, so I don't really know where you're going with this.

III. For sure it increased the impulsive buying but malls are staying. So many do not trust internet to buy, or simply prefer the human contact of going to the mall, it's risky to buy clothes because the cut/size/material could not please you, which you would have noticed if you were in the shop trying clothes.

This is not an attack on you, but I did not agree with your statements :)

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Watched the new Justice League movie, and I don't know why everybody hates it. I loved it.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I don't remember dial internet...but I do remember floppy disks and windows 95.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Watched the new Justice League movie, and I don't know why everybody hates it. I loved it.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss. I liked it to. Hehehe. But mainly cuz of the Flash. He was adorable.

Netflix has replaced TV and theaters
    (one just closed not far from my house). iTunes is replacing the radio. Amazon and eBay have replaced the malls (parents can find out instantly if you've been messing with their credit cards now).

I. Now now don't be so dramatic. Maybe where you live but here it's still fairly rare that someone has a Netflix account/use it frequently. My theater is doing great and is not closing anytime soon.

It's funny, everytime a new thing comes it must mean the end of the other, otherwise popular, thing.
    TV was the end of theater, internet the end of TV, yet people still go to theater and people still watch TV.

II. There is a fairly large number of people who never use iTunes, including myself, and if I were to use it, it's not comparable to a radio, so I don't really know where you're going with this.

III. For sure it increased the impulsive buying but malls are staying. So many do not trust internet to buy, or simply prefer the human contact of going to the mall, it's risky to buy clothes because the cut/size/material could not please you, which you would have noticed if you were in the shop trying clothes.

This is not an attack on you, but I did not agree with your statements :)

Maybe France or where you live is a lil old school still. I don't think iTunes is gonna take over radio but a lot of the people here are using Spotify. I actually just found out for Spotify to work properly on your phone, you have to pay for it and can't use the free one. So, it's crazy to know that almost everyone I know pays for Spotify. I think people only listen to radio when they are driving and this is more like the older people. Plus, you did say you use YouTube to listen to music, I'm gonna count that the same as not listening to radio. :P
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    But all that allows for what you listen to/watch to be more personalized to your interests so I think it's better.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    I personally don't listen to the radio a lot these days due to not having a radio, but from what I understand, radio's doing well here, even though Spotify is popular and the like is popular. I know lots of folks listen to their local/provincial CBC radio station. There's lots of music, news, weather, and radio shows that are pretty popular. One such show was called Vinyl Café. The creator of that show, Stuart McLean, passed away a couple years ago, but his storytelling legend lives on.
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Hm... Radio is pretty bad here, not doing bad, but it is bad.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    @DeKay I used to listen to the radio and still own one, and I'd still listen to it if there was songs I like on it, but bands I love are not liked by french radio

• Options
    edited March 2018
    There's a really neat law in Canada that requires radio stations to play I think at least 20 or 25% of their daily music must be Canadian.

Good in theory, but on the top 40/pop stations it pretty much ends up being Nickelback or the occaisonal Avril Lavigne song.
  • Options
    But all that allows for what you listen to/watch to be more personalized to your interests so I think it's better.

Yeah, exactly. But I do miss the good old days when the radio had bands that I like. V.V
    @DeKay I used to listen to the radio and still own one, and I'd still listen to it if there was songs I like on it, but bands I love are not liked by french radio

Same, but I don't listen to the radio as much as I used to (12 hours a day). Now, I only listen to it for an hour.
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    There's a really neat law in Canada that requires radio stations to play I think at least 20 or 25% of their daily music must be Canadian.

Good in theory, but on the top 40/pop stations it pretty much ends up being Nickelback or the occaisonal Avril Lavigne song.

I'd take a Nickelback and Avril song any day!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I got Medibang paint today. I like it, it's kinda hard to control but i'll get used to it i guess.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    I got Medibang paint today. I like it, it's kinda hard to control but i'll get used to it i guess.

Girl, finally. Hahaha. I use Firealpaca which is basically the same thing.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Lol. I still don't know how to move and copy/paste after selecting something with the lasso tool.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Lol. I still don't know how to move and copy/paste after selecting something with the lasso tool.

Ctrl + T. Or just hit V to move. I believe V moves the selection (if you still have a selection), so usually I just use Ctrl + T which is transform but you can drag and move using that too. :) Hope this helps.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Ctrl + T. Or just hit V to move. I believe V moves the selection (if you still have a selection), so usually I just use Ctrl + T which is transform but you can drag and move using that too. :) Hope this helps.

I'm using Medibang on my tablet. lol
    I'll figure it out tho.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top