Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Stuff #3 on Origin

Only behind Star Wars and Need For Speed:
https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/browse?fq=platform:pc-download

I guess that even with all the outrage people bought anyway :| And then will complain when we get another pack like this later down the road.

Ugh, so annoyed tbh.

Comments

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Ill buy anything EA dangles at me for Sims lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Ugh. So frustrating!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Its frustrating but not at all surprising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    What are we supposed to be looking at? All see is covers of games available for purchase.
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    It's not the people who complains who buys the stuff pack. It's the people who don't follow social media and forums and who are not vocal. I'm sure there is a ton of persons who have no idea about the controversy and just buys everything that comes out.
    But yes it's frustrating.
  • Options
    I have several co-workers who purchase the packs for their kids and they know nothing about the simming community.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So is this overall selling popularity? Or is this within a certain time frame? Like most popular this month? I never even looked at this stuff.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's number 6 for me...the base game says it is selling higher -- it's number 5. Unless I'm reading it wrong -- which is totally possible.

I must be, because it has a bundle with Cats and Dogs & the Base Game which sells for a lot less than just the base game further down the list. People would certainly purchase that if they didn't have the game -- it's 15 dollars less.

Edit again: Now the base game is 4, and My First Pet is 5. It changes quickly, doesn't it.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Believe it or not but there are people who have been wanting this type of content, even if were disappointed in it that doesnt mean everyone will feel the same.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    There are multiple base games and base game packs though on the list. So the basegame is selling well in multiple ways.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Some will just buy anything I guess. It's their money and their right to do so but this can cause quite some damage to the future releases if the sales numbers are above expectation.
  • Options
    Nobody has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot buy. I bought it, I'm not ashamed. It's my money, it's my decision. I wasn't one of those folks who was having a breakdown over this pack. I needed those shades.

I agree. I even changed my mind at first because of the uproar. I'd say any publicity is good publicity but really I just don't think people follow most of this... and if they do and they happen to be a fan (like me) it just makes them dig their heels in. It did for me. Guess that's just speculation though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Nobody has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot buy. I bought it, I'm not ashamed. It's my money, it's my decision. I wasn't one of those folks who was having a breakdown over this pack. I needed those shades.

I don't think anyone wants to control what you personally buy, good sales numbers for this pack just raise some concern amongst other players.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Expect more DLC for DLC :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Expect more DLC for DLC :)

I don’t think they’ll do this again. Animals has a big soft spot for a lot of people but if they just made a pack with just animals or small animals sales would’ve been a lot higher. Only reason this pack did well was because of the animal theme. I’m sure they were expecting more.

Btw I don’t know where your getting the popularity stats of the pack at OP.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm really not too interested in this SP. So far, all I've seen is more ridiculous outfits for pets. The only thing that entices me is a pet in a cage, as that's less work in a busy Sim household.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited March 2018
    Only #3? You guys need to step it up :D

I know I did my part and bought it as soon as it was released o:)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Okay I get it. Duh. :D They're sorted by most popular. It's in the #6 spot for me with Sims 4 base game at #5. Maybe some are buying base game just to be able to play My First Pet stuff.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    :D Well my day has been made.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited March 2018
    I looked again - it's still at 6. But what I really like is that I see so many Sims 4 packs there. I think that's great! This particular pack is not my style, but it's really nice to see some of the ones I liked still doing well.

No matter if this one sells as well as some of the others (or better or worse even) doesn't matter to me. But I don't go on Origin much except to launch a game (SIms 4 or Bejeweled, lol, I'm not hardcore), I don't look at other titles or what's selling well -- but it's neat to see this. Now I know it's there I might check on it again. Thanks for the link Jack Jack.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member

Well I’m happy for you but I bought it too and I am ashamed. I could’ve gotten a medium sized coffee with that $10. I might go get one anyway and reflect on my poor financial decisions.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »

Well I’m happy for you but I bought it too and I am ashamed. I could’ve gotten a medium sized coffee with that $10. I might go get one anyway and reflect on my poor financial decisions.

Pretty sure you could get a whole package or two of coffee for $10, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top