Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SO Many Multiple Births?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Well I tried just having the babies at home, because I thought the hospital might cause the chance to skyrocket, but it didn't make a difference. Still way too many twins and triplets happening. The game just spawns bassinets all over the house. This definitely needs to be tuned down. I almost never saw multiples in TS3 unless I was trying for it. It's almost like every sim comes with the fertility reward.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm having this issue also, and it's new for me. It started around the last two patches I think. Out of the last ten births in my game, only one had a single baby, the others either had twins, and most common, triplets. Is there anyway to fix this?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    two2cairnstwo2cairns Posts: 294 Member

ALL of my households are having sets of twin boys (one had even eaten strawberries throughout her pregnancy and she still had two boys). This is a very recent thing for me -- since the last patch I think? Toddlers are HARD, and I prefer to have one and only children in my families. I'm not running any mods at all and the last thing on earth I would give one of my sims is a fertility reward. :#

I'm going to make sure I don't switch households during pregnancy and deliver at home instead of the hospital and see if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've actually been just getting single births, so I'm not quite sure what's going on with everyone's games, though I'm not big on attempting pregnancy a lot so that's a thing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wish we could just have an option for this without mod. For exemple: chances of multiple birth -very rare, -rare, -common
    I'm pretty sure maxis is trying to please everyone by maxing chances of multiple birth since that's something a lots of player was hoping for before, but it was so rare that it was actually fun to get some. You could max up your chances with a trait. But now...
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    It seems to me they fixed this in one of the latest patches. I have had like 6 pregnancies since my last twins or more and all were single births! I'm happy, now I can feel happy again when the occasional twin or triplet birth appears
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    My most recent games, this seems to be happening more. It's actually become RARE in one save for me to have single births. They've ALL be twins or triplets, starting with generation one. I wonder if being a twin/triplet increases chances of having them? I dunno. Maybe it's just random and a case of good/bad luck lol, but it is getting a little ridiculous.

For the record, the save I'm referring to had--

Starter Sim--had twins

One twin had one kid (nothing too spectacular there), other twin had first triplets, and then twins.

Of the triplets, so far 2 have had twins, and 1 had TWO SETS OF TRIPLETS.

So out of 8 pregnancies, I've had 3 triplets, 4 twins, and only 1 single birth. No fertility, tho I did start playing rotationally at the 2nd gen, tho I was present for a lot of births so can't really blame it on that :-/ I usually let my sims try for baby whenever they get the whim for it (and not before), but I'm starting to be afraid to let anyone get pregnant lol