Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2018
    The company seems to have been taking advantage of consumer psychology too much.

And look what we’ll see soon.

“The hamster pack” seems to me to symbolize the peak of the company’s abuse of consumer psychology.

So funny.
    Pet clothes and a hamster.
    That’s it.
    But well, not even surprising :)

I wonder why many seem to not be able to stop loving the sims 4.

I also think Having gray slots, meaning not purchased, on the very first page when the game’s on is VIRTUE.

+ Yeah, this pack is insulting. I never felt so offended by games....
    Post edited by EpicSims on
  • Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    The "exlpanation" of why we should pay for that doesn't explain me anything. It's like to go to McDonalds and see a hundreed dollar burger, and a cashier goes: "But you're hungry, right? You would love to enjoy our food. Okay, don't spend your money, if you don't want to, but everyone who really wants to enjoy a fine dinner, would pay".

The new furniture is divided into two parts: really good classic stuff (the coffee table, for example) that I would love to have in my game and weird stuff looking like big animal heads that only a 5 years old kid would love (if he's not scared of all those psychodelics).

Hamsters... I used to think hamsters are cute. Those hamsters ain't cute at all. Provokes a feeling like it's something you don't want to hold in your hands. That feeling reminded me about "The Amazing World of Gumball" (the episode about Chris Morris the hamster, google it carefully...). And one more stupid giant animal outfit. I'd be okay with that, if I could cancel dead sims coming on like a hamster ghost. I'm enough of all those purple and yellow bears, but the hamster is that something that beats everything else.
  • Options
    ArisskaaArisskaa Posts: 3 New Member
    I bought every pack so far, but if you mean this seriously, EA, then you have lost me as a customer.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Well, say what you will but I'm still buying this hamster pack.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2018
    If some Simmers want to carry on playing this game and can do so only at 32bit level they are going to have to pay out a great deal more for a new PC or laptop than the C&D price plus this. Everything from now on will be 64bit level.

Is this a way to update the game in some way by providing content for those players staying with 32bit, unable to upgrade their PC yet?

Or: It is a way of getting everyone to go on Origin Access where you can play Sims 4 and get the added C&D and game for £54 uk and play for a monthly fee and 10% off new stuff?
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited March 2018
    I haven't bought the last dozen or so packs and I'm EXTRA not buying this one.
    Simburian wrote: »
    If some Simmers want to carry on playing this game and can do so only at 32bit level they are going to have to pay out a great deal more for a new PC or laptop than the C&D price plus this. Everything from now on will be 64bit level.
    Is this a way to update the game in some way by providing content for those players staying with 32bit, unable to upgrade their PC yet?
    Yeah you might want to get on that considering 64 bit has been the standard for PCs since what, 2010?
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    No thanks.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Why only a mouse? :( ;(

So they can milk ppl and add a rat at a later date.
    SeriouslyIf there was a thumbs down button on the forum I'd be wacking it by now

Uhh, there is a rat. There's Mouse, Rat, Pygmy Hedgehog, and a pink sheep looking thing.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    To me it just confirms my negative impression of EA. I have not bought every pack. In fact, of the ones I did purchase, most were done at half the orginal price. I also was gifted packs too. This one is a no purchase necessary for me. I do want pet BIRDS in my game though, as that would complete my simself household so they can be playable.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think I will pass on this pack, I don't like dressing up animals in real life or pretend. This should have been free to the game since it wasn't included in the Dog and Cat addition, this should not come out as a separate pack, what's next a pack for horses and farm animals, adding different animals could add up to a lot of packs to pay for.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It could be worse.
    The Sims could start using Loot Boxes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I haven't bought the last dozen or so packs and I'm EXTRA not buying this one.
    Simburian wrote: »
    Yeah you might want to get on that considering 64 bit has been the standard for PCs since what, 2010?

It is not the 64bit as most machines have but the inability of Simmers to play in 64bit mode due to lower powered PCs.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Having played The Sims for many years, I'm used to having to buy expansions (and other DLC) to make the game feel complete. But now we have to buy DLC to make the DLC feel complete too?

I'd like hamsters, and the guinea pig disease, but no way I am I buying this. No way.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's a brand new low but an expected one.

Months ago I was talking with people about how it's not likely for them to ever improve pets via stuff pack, because they never do dlc exclusive dlc. That's always less profit for them because the audience is limited, right?

And then I've heard cats&dogs was the best selling sims EP EVER. And I suddenly wasn't so sure.

Now I'm not even surprised. They keep proving it to us the word "shame" does not exist in their book.
    Post edited by agustd on
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Well the ball pit was updated and remember when they added pools/ghosts and stuff after sims 4's rough start? Don't think your disappointment/disgust means nothing. Let them know it's not okay, why you feel that way, and skip this one (if you're not happy). I'm honestly just tired at this point.

This is usually my exact mindset- don't want? Don't buy.
    However I purchased cats and dogs at full price under the assumption that I am getting the full content for that particular theme and have not been led to think otherwise. But now there is more (appealing) content that adds to cats and dogs and I have to pay more to get it. So it's not really a case of not purchasing a pack with a theme I don't want but paying more to make my pets from the exoansion feel complete when I shouldn't have to. It is unfair of them to do this. If it was just the hamster (and maybe another critter) and a free update with some more items for cats and dogs it would be fine, but paying to full in gaps from the expansion is a bit if a slap in the face
  • Options
    More expense. :'(
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I'm mostly super disappointed.

One, I never thought I would see a DLC that needed a DLC come from the Sims franchise, ever.
    It's like a add on... or a patch mostly -- that adds more clothes for cats and dogs, and adds one extra small pet.

I really thought we were in a good place or some kinda understanding with EA, but I guess not. Which makes a long time player since Sims 1, like me, really really sad.

This isn't a pack I will be buying.
    I may buy it on sale if it ever gets half off or more, dirt cheap..... maybe.
    but it isn't something I can see myself buying. and besides Spooky Stuff, this will be the first thing they have released that I haven't bought right away.

It will be the only one I may never buy, cause it seems completely useless to me.
    It's a very sad moment in time for me as a Sims fan personally.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    To me it means this company have no respect for the Simmers and they just see us as an easy money source.
    Totally agree.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018
    What this SP means to me:

My Sims (and I) will have so much fun with it! :kissing_heart: