Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW TRAILER TOMORROW We are getting... something

TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

Is it an update?
Is it a stuff pack?
Is it a pack for the c&d expansion?

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Wow, this was unexpected. Maybe it's part of the new patch? Looks like we might be getting a rodent pet of some sorts, this is exciting!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    This could be an update based on the following reasons:
    • They said that they put all buyable content in the quarterly teaser. This here was not mentioned
    • They often said that everything they release should be playable without other packs
    • This video doesn't show a stuff pack logo and the key features don't mention a clothing/furniture style
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's Sims Mobile, guys. EDIT: I stand corrected, it says PC/MAC within the advert at the bottom. Even calls out Cats and Dogs specifically.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    It is a stuff pack.

pZgGHHD.png

A stuff pack that requires cats and dogs to play and features rodents of all things. Not, you know, bunnies, or parrots, or anything else big. No. Literal mice. Twitter reactions are very "eh" as well.
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    It's Sims Mobile, guys. EDIT: I stand corrected, it says PC/MAC within the advert at the bottom. Even calls out Cats and Dogs specifically.

Also, Sims Mobile has their own Twitter account that The Sims account sometimes retweets. So you'd think it'd be on The Sims Mobile account instead. But yeah, the PC/MAC is in the trailer as well. I'm excited to see what this is going to be. :)
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    It is a stuff pack.

pZgGHHD.png

A stuff pack that requires cats and dogs to play and features rodents of all things. Not, you know, bunnies, or parrots, or anything else big. No. Literal mice. Twitter reactions are very "eh" as well.

Nooo they'd never release a paid content that required you to own other paid content... would they? :neutral:
  • Options
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Bet there are no ferrets yet again. *sigh* I'm definitely getting this pack though. I love animals!
  • Options
    RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    Maybe it's a free pack? Like the holiday stuff?
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    It is a stuff pack.

pZgGHHD.png

Wow. If this turns out to be a stuff pack and not an update... well they can't exactly say that they don't pull things from expansions only to sell them separately later on!

The sheer cheek of this is absolutely unreal. I cannot begin to anticipate what will happen to these forums is this is a paid for stuff pack. Especially if it includes dog houses!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    How can it be a small pet stuff pack... With only one small pet?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ok, this is really weird

My thoughts exactly. Like, what?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It is in all likelihood indeed a stuff pack solely for people who own Cats and Dogs. It might explain why they chose to suddenly spring this on us instead of previewing it in the traditional manner: if this were in the quarterly teaser and people look forward to it, they'll be outraged when they learn it's just for some people. If they spring it on us and then tell us within a day's time that it's just for Cats and Dogs, then the blow is much less painful.

They probably went with this compromise due to their failure to provide small pets. To me my only question is why it was decided this would be a stuff pack instead of a free patch like toddlers. Not judging, just curious about the decision-making and why that choice was made.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    It is in all likelihood indeed a stuff pack solely for people who own Cats and Dogs. It might explain why they chose to suddenly spring this on us instead of previewing it in the traditional manner: if this were in the quarterly teaser and people look forward to it, they'll be outraged when they learn it's just for some people. If they spring it on us and then tell us within a day's time that it's just for Cats and Dogs, then the blow is much less painful.

They probably went with this compromise due to their failure to provide small pets. To me my only question is why it was decided this would be a stuff pack instead of a free patch like toddlers. Not judging, just curious about the decision-making and why that choice was made.

What if it is indeed free? Something about this is odd (and yes, I have very strong doubts about this being free too, so far).
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    You know, I don't even know what to say about this. Color me perplexed.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2018
    This was obviously last minute changed from a free update to a cash grab stuff pack because it wasn't in the quarterly teaser, it should also have been included free in Cats and Dogs imo. I agree with the person earlier who spoke of the sheer cheek. They raise the international price then do this, it isn't free because it literally says "stuff pack" and is green.

inb4 they release seasons and then charge us extra to add snow 6 months later.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Isn't that Christmas stuff not also technically a stuff pack, albeit a free one? Maybe that's what it is (which would also perhaps explain why they changed the way this free content was displayed right about the time of finalizing C&D? Hmm.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I tell you something else here. I've been playing Planet Coaster quite a bit lately. Something that really sticks out is that FOR LESS THAN THE PRICE OF A THE SIMS 4 STUFF PACK they provide dozens and dozens of new items AND three new rides (which I suppose would equate to premium items in TS4).

Now tell me this EA; why, firstly, are you unable, considering your huge portfolio and presumably comfortable financial position, to provide anything near the amount of content in your packs that Frontier do in theirs? Secondly, why do you feel that it's okay to literally pull content from one pack only to sell it in another for an added cost?

It is, quite frankly, ridiculous!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Disgusting.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    ThIs was hinted by Graham a few weeks back. When he was posting about pest
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    This is probably just something that they put out as an "emergency pack" to silence all the unhappy Vampire fans(now that they nerfed the vampires) since this wasn't on quarterly teaser.
    Pretty smart move from TS4 team.

I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic or not. :trollface:
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Is that a dancing rabbit or white lab rat?

Also, people said they would NEVER release a pack that required another pack. I guess they showed us.

I thought we could already dress cats and dogs?

Whats a pet print?

If it's just one pet and a couple of outfits that requires Cats & Dogs, why wasn't it included in that game?

This is all so peculiar. Maybe they released this because they want to distract from all of the Seasons rumors or upset folks regarding Vampires... dun dun dunnnnn
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    honestly if you're watching twitter, or any discords, they just managed to cause a ballpit 2.0.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    honestly if you're watching twitter, or any discords, they just managed to cause a ballpit 2.0.

Good times there.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top