Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack Coming

aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

So a Pets expansion pack was too much. Funny how Sims 3 Pets featured cats, dogs, horses, snakes, turtles, hamsters, raccoons, deer, etc. But Sims 4 the 'successor to The Sims 3' has to separate everything into several DLC to make it look 'better quality'. At this point its clear they're ripping us off.
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    So this what Graham was hinting a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Hamsters? Gerbils? Hmmm.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    really i mean really. wow i feel shocked right now so not only do we not get a new game pack this quater we get what could be just an awful idea for a stuff pack. i am seriously already considering to skip this one. -_-
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »

So a Pets expansion pack was too much. Funny how Sims 3 Pets featured cats, dogs, horses, snakes, turtles, hamsters, raccoons, deer, etc. But Sims 4 the 'successor to The Sims 3' has to separate everything into several DLC to make it look 'better quality'. At this point its clear they're ripping us off.

also it looks like we wont even be getting those extra pets we will be getting a new pet and somehow they probably will be about as detailed as fish are in the sims 4 wow. and if thats the case that is exactly why i may just end up skipping this pack -_-
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Lets hope Q4 2018 will offer Seasons or at least a decent EP.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Lets hope Q4 2018 will offer Seasons or at least a decent EP.

well it seems like they are actually working on seasons for the end of the year but i mean if they are seriously coming up with this to tide us over right now seasons had better blow everyone away.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    So their stuff packs will now require other, more expensive packs?

Can’t help but say it, no one is going to get more fleshed out hamsters in a stuff pack. This is just a money grab.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Since this was not even in the teaser, does that mean they did not even plan to release it in this quarter from the start?

Also if this comes out next week, it would make Jungle Adventure to this pack the shortest gap between two TS4 packs. I wonder why they're in such a hurry to release it, as opposed to waiting till late March. Maybe something big is coming in April?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    What the pluming plum is this???
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Since this was not even in the teaser, does that mean they did not even plan to release it in this quarter from the start?

Also if this comes out next week, it would make Jungle Adventure to this pack the shortest gap between two TS4 packs. I wonder why they're in such a hurry to release it, as opposed to waiting till late March. Maybe something big is coming in April?

That's a really good point. It seems like a last minute decision.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    :o ahhh the little dancing hamster(?) person is so cute!!! I just wanna know what a pet print is :o
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I see no point to give a small rodent a jumper.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    That is a Sim in a suit
  • Options
    So their stuff packs will now require other, more expensive packs?

Can’t help but say it, no one is going to get more fleshed out hamsters in a stuff pack. This is just a money grab.

apparently people are excited for this.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'm not going to judge until I see a more in-depth trailer.. Then maybe an actual review on the pack. Fingers crossed it's good. Hopefully it will be the same quality or better than laundry day. :smile:
  • Options

i was actually under the impression this was all we were getting for the 2nd quater. which is why i am not impressed by this pack more so then if it just came as stuff pack for summer or something.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2018
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    That is a Sim in a suit

Indeed. I have no clue what this pack is about.

What does "Dress your cats & dogs" mean? I can't imagine a Stuff Pack with stuff for an Expansion Pack, that would make the group of potential customers so much smaller. Or Cats & Dogs was such a tremendous success that 99 % of the players already bought it.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Lol. I cant imagine why this should be. I cant even defend this one lol. Because cats and dogs was just released. You mean to tell me, this stuff couldnt have been added to that expansion pack? Its silly. And from the sound of it, a lot of people arent using pets regularly. I will not be rushing to buy this one.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Luckily, I doubt this will be a regular trend- probably the reason they could justify selling a piece of DLC that requires another piece of DLC was because Cats and Dogs has been their best selling pack so far.

Also it is extremely versatile when it comes to adding extra stuff (like small pets); something like Get Together would never get this treatment, because there's nothing extra that is could feasibly be added.

It's annoying though how features we got in one pack for The Sims 3 now has to be broken up into a piece of DLC that requires another piece to get access to every piece of content - but saying that, I don't want to jump to any conclusions until I see the trailer and LGR's review.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

i was actually under the impression this was all we were getting for the 2nd quater. which is why i am not impressed by this pack more so then if it just came as stuff pack for summer or something.

The second quarter Teaser Trailer isn’t until April.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Looks like we're getting back Guinea pigs and Death by Guinea Pig Flu from TS1!! :)

Remember when people wanted small pets when Cats & Dogs released and also wanted the Guinea Pig Flu back! They listened! :)

The Cats & Dogs required part is probably new clothes for pets, because MANY MANY MANY have requested more clothes for pets.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Maybe something else wasn't ready and this was? I'm surprised they're so close too!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Looks like we're getting back Guinea pigs and Death by Guinea Pig Flu from TS1!! :)

Remember when people wanted small pets when Cats & Dogs released and also wanted the Guinea Pig Flu back! They listened! :)

The Cats & Dogs required part is probably new clothes for pets, because MANY MANY MANY have requested more clothes for pets.

Where has guinea pig or guinea pig flu been confirmed? :|

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018

Where has guinea pig or guinea pig flu been confirmed? :|

That's speculation, but they suggested that it's a small pets pack with rodents and they just recently mentioned Guinea Pig Flu in one of the blogs for The Sims' anniversary.
    HERE IT IS: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/02/looking-back-on-18-years-of-the-sims/
    Scroll down to "The Unfortunate Guinea Pig Plague"
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2018
    Was it grants 18th anniversary blog? I believe that mentioned guinea pig flu.

The rodent looks like a hamster, sim Guru Megs called it one on twitter.

It's just one new pet.