Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get my sims to take a photo of their vacation ... no, I don't want a selfie

Turn that camera around and take a photo of the gorgeous waterfall you twit. How do I get my sims to actually capture images of the scenery on their vacation? All I can see is the option of taking a selfie and they already have tons of pictures of themselves making duck faces.

Comments

• Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Oh wow. Somehow I completely missed the Photography skill from "Get to Work" Not sure why cause it was there all along so I'll have to toss those crummy cell phones (not literally cause they can hurt) and get my sims some real cameras to use.
  • Options
    VkittyVkitty Posts: 40 Member
    In the phone menu in the tab where "Take a Selfie" is located there is "Take a Photo" option.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,939 Member
    Phone can be used to take a photo. You just need to find that interaction in the same menu where Take a Selfie is.
    However, phone can be only used to take small photos and you cannot zoom in or out.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Oh wow. Somehow I completely missed the Photography skill from "Get to Work" Not sure why cause it was there all along so I'll have to toss those crummy cell phones (not literally cause they can hurt) and get my sims some real cameras to use.

I decided before I got the pack that my sim would get the best camera for his trip. He's learning the photography skill and taking pictures everywhere he goes in Salvadorada. He's going to be a nature photographer as well as relic hunter. He'll sell the photos in his shop when he buys it.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited March 2018
    yeah, I learned this too late...well, too late for the trip my sims were on. Seems like you can't get to the buy menu while on vacation (unless I need to use a cheat) and the vendors in the market certainly don't sell those kinds of things, nor do they sell tents. Soooo.... I know what I need to do for my next journey. Also, something odd is some sims don't have the option on their cell phones to take pictures or maybe the option is only there for certain locations? Not sure but I know one sims was able to use the "take photo" option but it wasn't available on the other sim's phone. Maybe that one didn't have a sufficient knowledge of photography or maybe not enough creativity? Or it might have been where they were in the country like you can take the photo at the base camp but when you get inside the temple grounds maybe not? Although that seems like an unlikely possibility.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,939 Member
    edited March 2018
    yeah, I learned this too late...well, too late for the trip my sims were on. Seems like you can't get to the buy menu while on vacation (unless I need to use a cheat) and the vendors in the market certainly don't sell those kinds of things, nor do they sell tents. Soooo.... I know what I need to do for my next journey. Also, something odd is some sims don't have the option on their cell phones to take pictures or maybe the option is only there for certain locations? Not sure but I know one sims was able to use the "take photo" option but it wasn't available on the other sim's phone. Maybe that one didn't have a sufficient knowledge of photography or maybe not enough creativity? Or it might have been where they were in the country like you can take the photo at the base camp but when you get inside the temple grounds maybe not? Although that seems like an unlikely possibility.

Vendors do sell tents. They just don't put it on the table. Click on the vendor (sim) and choose Buy Explorer Supplies. In there, you can find tents. portable beds, tables and chairs, fruits and skill books. If your sim maxes the culture skill out (5 levels), they get access to secret wares, which include machetes, bonedust and relics and refined crystals.

That's odd. You should be able to take pictures anywhere except on planet Sixam (secret lot) and no matter of their skill levels. Try repairing the game by right-clicking The Sims 4 In Origin and choosing Repair game. If this doesn't work, have fun using the cameras.

Do remember, the cameras and photography skill have been carried over from Get to Work expansion pack to the base game in Cats and Dogs patch due to Simstragram Pet interaction on cats and dogs. So, all the cameras except photo studio don't have Get to Work icon next to it. You can type in Camera in the search bar in build mode or look in Activities & Skills/Creativity section.