Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Packs

TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
Gee, SimGuruGrahams, after Jungle Adventure, i wonder what sims 4 packs will the folks of EA build next. What else are we missing in the game?

Comments

• Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'd have loved to see the retro-themed Arcade Stuff Pack from the community pack survey. That looked really interesting and got a good bit of good feedback, and I've gotta be honest I'd get it from the rad-looking concept art alone.

Arcade-3.jpg
    Arcade-1.jpg
    Arcade-2.jpg

What I'd then do, of course, is convert all of the pack's content to TS3 where I'd immediately be able to put all of it to better use. I find myself needing A LOT of good period content lately, unsurprisingly.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    SimmortalitySimmortality Posts: 39 Member
    @GrijzePilion I completely agree. I especially love the clothing style (I'd wear pretty much all of these myself, I swear xD)
    Visit Sonrisa on YouTube!
    Don't miss out on new Tutorials, Let's Plays and more!
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    What I personally like about those clothing concepts is that they're all heavily 80s-inspired, with bits of 70s and 90s too, but they're more something one might wear nowadays if they were particularly enamored with "recent retro" styles. So they're not just period dress-up like the TS3 pack, but more a hipster sort of deal. Not a fan of the guys' clothes though, they look horrible. But the hairstyles are great, I'd like #2, #3 and #5 in my game.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    What I personally like about those clothing concepts is that they're all heavily 80s-inspired, with bits of 70s and 90s too, but they're more something one might wear nowadays if they were particularly enamored with "recent retro" styles. So they're not just period dress-up like the TS3 pack, but more a hipster sort of deal. Not a fan of the guys' clothes though, they look horrible. But the hairstyles are great, I'd like #2, #3 and #5 in my game.

80s fashion was kinda bad for males :D
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Falcon716Falcon716 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see a remake of the island resort from Sims3. I loved the scuba diving stuff. Also would be cool to add packs for the Egypt and Asian locations. Could do a lot of cool thing with those
  • Options
    PetreakPetreak Posts: 24 Member
    I would love to have an 80's themed pack. I grew up in the 80's, so arcade games were a big part of my life. Love the music too! I listen to the music when ever I get a chance too.

Beach stuff would be cool! Going swimming in the ocean would be nice to do.
  • Options
    ZaldaZalda Posts: 4 New Member
    I have big dreams, you guys.

1. I agree with the retro arcade idea! Wish we could have gotten that instead of laundry. And speaking of 80's/arcade/etc, it would be so fun to have a pack with a monster/monsters in it with a mystery to solve. ;)
    2. Or an expansion that's just mystery themed with several mysteries to complete! Like Syberia, Nancy Drew, L.A. Noir, etc. :)
    3. Going along with the craziness that is Sims, it would be fun to have a superhero themed pack, where your Sim can be exposed to radiation or something and then turn invisible (or whatever) at will, allowing them to pull pranks or catch bad guys and stuff. Combining that with the detective career or the Get Together clubs would be fun.
    4. A criminal career pack would be fun as well! You go to work and have to rob a bank or steal a jewel or something. You have to figure out how to break your Sim out of jail, etc.
    5. And a 'treasure hunter' pack would be great. It could be pirate-themed (maybe) or just plain old explorer-themed and your Sims could charter a boat and sail the equivalent of the Caribbean looking for treasure, or hire a plane and fly off to raid tombs, etc. Competing against other treasure hunters/fighting pirates would be a huge plus. Lots of new collection items to find. You could even open up your own museum, or sell the items to the highest bidder for tons of Simoleons!
    6. A Hollywood themed pack: Your Sim has dreams of stardom and moves to pursue a career in acting, directing, singing, etc. When/if your Sim becomes famous, you get to attend the Sim version of the Oscars/Grammys and possibly be nominated!
    (my favorite!) 7. I know we kind of already have the ability to visit that alien planet, but a space station pack would be awesome, with the ability to visit a few more planets and colonize them. I'm geeking out just thinking about it.
    8. Finally, I would love to see more international packs. One international expansion would be even better, but I guess I won't hold my breath on that one.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Id love to see a farming pack
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    SkyzzahSkyzzah Posts: 131 Member
    I know that Seasons is in the works, it was confirmed in the latest SimsVIP video. I hope it's announced soon! :)
    41741928340_6225bb36b5_c.jpg
    ✨ Click on the picture above to check out my channel for CAS videos! ✨
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    NiLLA wrote: »
    Id love to see a farming pack

I would also L O V E to see a farming pack. LOVE, LOVE to see that!
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    > @Zalda said:
    > I have big dreams, you guys.
    >
    > 1. I agree with the retro arcade idea! Wish we could have gotten that instead of laundry. And speaking of 80's/arcade/etc, it would be so fun to have a pack with a monster/monsters in it with a mystery to solve. ;)
    > 2. Or an expansion that's just mystery themed with several mysteries to complete! Like Syberia, Nancy Drew, L.A. Noir, etc. :)
    > 3. Going along with the craziness that is Sims, it would be fun to have a superhero themed pack, where your Sim can be exposed to radiation or something and then turn invisible (or whatever) at will, allowing them to pull pranks or catch bad guys and stuff. Combining that with the detective career or the Get Together clubs would be fun.
    > 4. A criminal career pack would be fun as well! You go to work and have to rob a bank or steal a jewel or something. You have to figure out how to break your Sim out of jail, etc.
    > 5. And a 'treasure hunter' pack would be great. It could be pirate-themed (maybe) or just plain old explorer-themed and your Sims could charter a boat and sail the equivalent of the Caribbean looking for treasure, or hire a plane and fly off to raid tombs, etc. Competing against other treasure hunters/fighting pirates would be a huge plus. Lots of new collection items to find. You could even open up your own museum, or sell the items to the highest bidder for tons of Simoleons!
    > 6. A Hollywood themed pack: Your Sim has dreams of stardom and moves to pursue a career in acting, directing, singing, etc. When/if your Sim becomes famous, you get to attend the Sim version of the Oscars/Grammys and possibly be nominated!
    > (my favorite!) 7. I know we kind of already have the ability to visit that alien planet, but a space station pack would be awesome, with the ability to visit a few more planets and colonize them. I'm geeking out just thinking about it.
    > 8. Finally, I would love to see more international packs. One international expansion would be even better, but I guess I won't hold my breath on that one.

I'm sort of working on a (very basic) superhero career+trait mod pack. I'm a screenwriting student in college and have been working with/on superhero tv pilots. But it would be much better if EA released it (obviously).
  • Options
    SimladineSimladine Posts: 9 New Member
    I def would love a Farming pack to the core,
    but mostly I'm feeling for an mega Cultural/International Pack - I can imagine lifestates inspired by various folklores, New Family interactions (Asking for a sims hand in marriage, Marriage life advice, New spouse doing a customary dance for sim, Family can agree and Object, Maybe do quests to prove themselves worthy ;), Age Rites of Passage customs? Ceremonies, Sims carrying jars of water on heads, Toddlers being carried on back cloths, Homeschooling.
    Wrestling for a spouse or some drama,
    Traditional clothing [I can imagine the headpieaces <3]

Careers could be: Chieftain, Farmer, Midwifery?, Chosen One, Blacksmith, Merchant, Tailor, Dancer, Shaman, Hunter? Children could maybe play tag or have some safe swordfighting, Maybe sims could make perfumes? or Dyes for clothing?
    Instead of sims mourning, maybe they could do ancestral worship? Maybe when sim dies they will become a deity or something based on the folklore?
  • Options
    SimladineSimladine Posts: 9 New Member
    Not to mention Yurts in game would be cool [but with Tents it could be modded already anyhoo)
  • Options
    Charlie_BeeCharlie_Bee Posts: 2 New Member
    I really love the idea of a non buggy Isla Paradiso it was such a fun interactive world and with sims 4 being more sandbox style than open world it has the potential to run a lot more smoothly than Sims 3 players experienced :lol:

However, I don't know about you guys but I really really miss Sims 3 University! I would go crazy over a new world similar to how granite falls is to make it a bit less buggy. Each neighbourhood could serve a different function so the school day was like an active career. For example.

Campus- Have a neighbourhood purely for your students housing. Dormitries that act a bit more like the flat in city living to lessen the chaos that seemed to happen when it was an open house. Instead have it so theirs a quad below where students come and go. A Cafe, Shop, Recreational Centre etc.

Degree - Have neighbourhoods tailored to your degree, to lessens bugs and glitching issues in the game.
    Arts/Music/Science/Tech/Comm like the Original University game for example
    Music Hub, where your sims could organise a band, or just perform, read up on music theory and this would count towards your degree. Bronze, Silver and Gold would be a C, B and A Grade and each day would affect your end result.
    Perhaps random rabbit hole style opportunities could offer your sims the chance to boost their grade with extra credit. Musicians play an emergency gig for their professor to help them out/Tech students fix professors broken projector/Sports students step in for sick team mate ETC

Hang outs - The possibilities for this are endless, the beach for bonfires was popular in Sims 3 Uni, Bars, Park, it would be really nice to see the community come up with ideas for that one.

I'd love to see new takes on the previous whims like the keg stands, streaking or rebound kisses. But what would be cool is some new career choices out of this packs. Playing a professor perhaps. I would love to see Drama, maybe acting? An interactive stage where Arty students could perform music, or writing students do poetry or drama students have the option to do a few different types of play like tragedy/comedy/romance which could make for some hilarious animations :LOL:
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    New locations and adventures. I really, really like 'cool' collectibles (i.e. artifacts, fossils, crystals), so more of those? It's probably too much to ask for the water to be swimmable/wadeable, but just know that would be amazing!
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Seasons
    Farming
    Teen stuff (and more things for them to do!)
    Singer/Acting careers definitely (maybe directing or something too)
    Love the superhero idea.. maybe part of a supernatural pack?
    Mountain/beach vacations
    More small pets but I'm not paying $10 for one... (or 5 that are pretty much the same)

Ideally I'd love to see farming and beach/mountain vacations within Seasons but I'm not dreaming... but as long as there's enough content I wouldn't mind them as separate EPs/GPs either.

Oh and a 'amusement park' EP or GP. Seriously, how awesome would that be? I guess it would be way too much work to get us to build our own parks, but I'd just LOVE that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Gee, SimGuruGrahams, after Jungle Adventure, i wonder what sims 4 packs will the folks of EA build next. What else are we missing in the game?

Theme Parks.
  • Options
    ZaldaZalda Posts: 4 New Member
    > @DBClayton said:
    > I'm sort of working on a (very basic) superhero career+trait mod pack. I'm a screenwriting student in college and have been working with/on superhero tv pilots. But it would be much better if EA released it (obviously).

That's awesome! I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. I doubt EA will ever release anything like that.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Let's do the Singer game pack first after My First Pet Stuff!
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Well, in terms of what I think the game needs:
    • A Music/Celebrity pack. Just something that adds more instruments and the ability to form bands in the game.
    • Seasons. Duh.
    • Witches. Of course.
    • Werewolves. Why not?
    • A Danger pack. Consequences and difficulty are lacking in TS4. I think a pack dedicated to making your Sims a bit more difficult to take care of would be great. It could also add a Fear emotion, something that would be perfect for the game and is oddly missing.
    • Vacations. Perhaps more vacation worlds could be introduced in Seasons? Either way, we need more vacation spots. A big forest is only so fun for so long.

As for ideas I'm certainly open to, usually anything, but these strikes me as interesting in particular:
    • Farming. I like my Sims to be busy. So having to take care of a barn, fields with crop, and farm animals is quite desirable.
    • Superheros. This sounds completely interesting IF we could choose our own costumes ( even if we want it to be just normal clothes ) or not need costumes at all. I do like playing with powerful Sims.
    • University. I actually didn't like University in TS3, so I'm hoping for one I do enjoy here.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping for a Romance Based Gamepack Next. This is one theme the developers seem to be overlooking. Romance in TS4 really needs to be vamped up. Family was lacking for a while and now it's almost perfect except for Generations Gameplay stuff missing so it's time to vamp up Romance.

If not romance then I'd love to see a Themepark Gamepack next. We had carnival rides,games,etc from the TS3 Store now it's time for TS4 to step up to the plate but I want a pack dedicated to Theme and Waterparks and a new Lot Type Amusement Park. I want our sims to be able to ride roller coasters,ferris wheels,carousels and gondelas and maybe visit a marine aquarium and or zoo while their at the fair.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm hoping for a Romance Based Gamepack Next. This is one theme the developers seem to be overlooking. Romance in TS4 really needs to be vamped up. Family was lacking for a while and now it's almost perfect except for Generations Gameplay stuff missing so it's time to vamp up Romance.

If not romance then I'd love to see a Themepark Gamepack next. We had carnival rides,games,etc from the TS3 Store now it's time for TS4 to step up to the plate but I want a pack dedicated to Theme and Waterparks and a new Lot Type Amusement Park. I want our sims to be able to ride roller coasters,ferris wheels,carousels and gondelas and maybe visit a marine aquarium and or zoo while their at the fair.
    Before we get right through some more game packs, I think we're gonna get some singers back cause, San Myshuno has been messed up for not being an American world, and we also need a second city world that looks like New York City to me.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Evza wrote: »
    I know that Seasons is in the works, it was confirmed in the latest SimsVIP video. I hope it's announced soon! :)

Not confirmed.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I want a pack that has more deco like Vampires had with the wall tears/holes/cracks/stains. Similar stuff for floors, busted up doors and windows, worn out furniture... I really wanna get that TLC apartment looking like it should, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Education/School Gamepack kids/teens need more activities and education is the main focus on a kid/teens lives. It gives them more to do and being social like study groups for homework. Kids go on field trips but they have to get the permission slip signed or they will be sorry. Teens should have want class year there in like Freshmen sophomore under their name so we know it's a teen and probably help with the height situation about people mistaking them for a YA. Teens also can take notes in class to help with homework and also do research on the computer and write essays and stuff. Parenting did touch on the schools but I would really like a gamepack on schools/education also bonus new jobs for parents principal or a teacher job at the school.