Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kleptomaniac/Non-committal Sims

These are two traits I always avoid as I don't want thieves or sims that need constant job change in my game.

Do you use these traits? And if so, what do you do with sims with these traits?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I like playing with Klepto, I actually think it's one of the most fun traits to use. But I stopped using it because when I'm not playing the klepto sim they steal things from all the lots over time and i can't be bothered to go replacing everything all the time.

I don't mind noncommital. I don't use it very often but it's just an okay trait to me. It does its job decently.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I do not use Klepto because I rotate households and I don’t like coming to the house finding something missing because a neighbor stole lol.

I do use non-comittal sometimes and just ignore their whims if they want to quit their job or break up with a spouse.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited October 2017
    I like both traits. I don't necessarily use them specifically for anything. I did have a couple that were in the crime career and they both had the klepto trait (It helps spice up the household funds too), but I'll assign it to any Sim if I want to shake it up.
    Klepto is fun. The whim and moodlet can be a little annoying if you aren't using it specifically for something. But it's great for crime career.
    Noncommital: It depends on how annoyed I want to be. They get tense a lot. So, unless you want a lot of frustration don't use this on someone you're trying to get romantic or promoted. But, It is fun for the serial romantic. Just time to switch partners. LOL
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Kleptos are fun to play. I recently made a homeless teen and made him a klepto. He slept on benches and ate and showered when he could. Apart from the stealing, he was such a sweet kid. The things he managed to get away with. I made it a challenge. He'd show up at a stranger's house and see how many days he could stay before getting thrown out, all the while stealing things and helping himself to their beds, food, and showers. He eventually stole enough items to build his own place and furnish it with some of his prized pilfered goods.

I do have one Non Committal sim but I don't care for that trait because they get tense so quickly after being in a job or relationship. However, for this sim, that trait suits him. What I usually do is get the "Carefree" perk so he doesn't get tense anymore. His other traits are Gloomy and Loner, so he's meant to be the kind that just wants to sit around, mope, and be left alone.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    I do rather enjoy both for various reasons, though avoid unplayed kleptomaniac sims like the plague (all get deleted, esp the butlers). Would be nicer if had the code from sims 3 where public lots would respawn whatever a kleptomaniac had stolen a few days later.
    As is, I have exactly three klepto sims in my game. Two are currently children. They bring the weirdest things from school. One is the son of my creative, evil, family oriented alien supervillain, the other is the son of the adult klepto in my game, a criminal created the day that trait was introduced. Said criminal is married to a cop and they had twins. So one takes after each parent.
    As for non-committal, it can be fun and also can be a serious challenge (unless, like stated above, you get the carefree trait). I've got a jealous, non-committal, unflirty sim that basically ruins the day for any couples ever. And I love it. And as said above, can feel free to ignore their whims to quit whatever and just send them for a bubble bath (or sauna) when they get tense
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited October 2017
    Bah, double post. Nothing to see here, move along, move along
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I stopped using kleptomaniac because my sim mostly stole dirty dishes, and I hated how she’d visit other households to steal stuff when I wasn’t playing her.
  • Options
    haileyvdhaileyvd Posts: 28 Member
    I play with the klepto trait occasionally because I always laugh when i get the notification my sim has stolen something. The non-committal trait I rarely use because of the sim wanting to change jobs so often though wanting to change partners doesnt bother me too much and keeps the game fun for me.
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    My kleptos don't steal anything. The non-committals just get moodlets sometimes and then just do what all the others do anyway.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    SO FAR...

I only have my klepto house maid -

7qmIwrH.png
    Name: Rosemary Curry
    Traits: Kleptomaniac, Neat, Romantic (bonus) Alluring
    Home: Willow Creek
    Aspiration: Serial-Romantic

I've not tried the Non-Committal trait yet, but I've had Rosemary since Sept. 2016! I enjoy playing with her (even if she's always trying to steal the TP roll from the public bathrooms). She will (at times) get needy - as in "Needs to Swipe" moodlet - and I forget to fulfill that need ("Now is not a good time, Rosemary! Now go eat something!")! One day, I'll do a Non-Committal Sim, just not now.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    I've never really tried to play with the Klepto trait.... I could see how that could be fun and annoying both. I don't like the jealous trait. Too many angry deaths with this trait. haha!
    "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I’m very diverse with my Sims and the traits that they have; I’ve used every single trait that there is. To this day though, the only trait that I refuse to use is kleptomaniac. It’s cool and I like the concept, but with how much I rotate with my households, I just can’t stand to have my Sims running around stealing everything, only for me to have to go back and constantly replace stuff.

So any Sim with the kleptomaniac trait gets changed almost immediately. Other than that, I’ll use anything.
    With the non-committal trait though, I’ll just use it on Sims that I see fit. Sometimes I’ll pretend they just have commitment issues with relationships only or jobs only, and they’ll only struggle in one of those two areas; I simply ignore the occasional buffs that they get for it.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I haven't tried a klepto yet, infact I never have seen a Sim snatch anything, ever.

But my clumsy, insane, family oriented Sim is married to J Huntington III. I don't mind his hankering for a change at all because his non-committal need doesn't revolve around running from his marital duties, aka, his wife and toddler girl. Just his job :tongue: And he is a great dad. Always has whims that centers around his daughter and he autonomously takes care of her. Just don't ask a noncommittal Sim to marry. It will lead to rejection which in turn will lead to embarrassment and relationship hit. If they are like J. junior, they will refuse on the spot.

Better first to ask them to move in and then when you have control. He or she can have the idea of marraige. Last I left them, his whim to quit his job was always coming up but I ignored it because I had just had his wife quit to be a housewife (to focus on the kid and her gardening/fishing hobby turned job). They need the income he gets from his job and would take a big hit financially for him to start at a bottom at a new career. Yes I need to get him the trait that has him start at a new job, higher in the pecking order.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I hate both but noncommittal is worse because of the tired-of-your-job negative moodlet.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Shinya has had the non-committal trait for almost as long as I have been playing him. I love playing with that trait. I haven't had a chance to play in a while but him and Candy are married with children now. After the birth of their first child Devon, Shinya would come home tense from work not long after Devon became a toddler. I used it in my game play. With the amount of time it took to care for a toddler Candy and Shinya didn't have much energy or time for romance. Then Shinya coming home from work all tense, him and Candy would fight over small things. I let cause a riff in their otherwise very happy marriage. I decided it was time they worked on their marriage and after one night Candy became pregnant with twins. Shinya had to work hard at work to get promoted quickly because he had to prepare for his growing family, so he came home every day tense about his job...LOL After the twins were born Shinya ended up running into an ex-boyfriend. I was planning on their night together just being a one time thing but thanks to the MC Command Center mod and autonomous woohoo, Candy ended up in bed with the Nanny and to top it off she became pregnant with his child as well. So I have been playing it all out differently then what I had intended but it all did spawn from me wanting to have Shinya come home tense from work with the non-committal trait...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I really enjoy having the non-committal trait, it feels different when playing. Had one sim who was non-committal and had irresponsible from the parenthood pack, trying to get a promotion was like pulling teeth and I had so much fun with that challenge.

Usually work just ticks along so it was fun to really have to struggle with it :)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I was into Klepto at one point and then I could have sworn a klepto sim stole an item from their own household, for whatever all sense that makes. That or some visiting sim took it. I'm not really sure. All I know is, it was after I'd painstakingly decorated a home and it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. So now I have this irrational aversion towards the trait.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    I thought that the Klepto trait is fun and all, but my Sim constantly tried to steal things (even a restaurant's exit sign) and usually ended up being caught so I stopped playing with her. Maybe one day I'll try it again.
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well, technically, if you're a klepto you don't really need a job.. Swipe 'n' sell. Though there's a swiping limit but I think there's a mod to break that (and to let regular sims swipe!) Do you get like, fired for being non commital/klepto or what? I never really get my sims jobs. But if you're non commital you could always end relationships with a bang.. Or more suitably a splash.. And get some money out of it. You gotta marry first though, I don't think non-commitals like that but heeeeeey. Money.

Anyone can swipe and no wait time to swipe again mod: modthesims.info/d/572078

It hasn't been updated since Sept. though so use at your own risk, Idk if it's compatible with this patch?? I know the user has a tumblr though of basically the same name so they might have updated it there.

Klepto trait is fuuuun though. Except sometimes my sims aren't so subtle with it and try to swipe big pieces of furniture, I'm not worried about them being caught it's just you've ruined the interior of this place what have you doooone. I don't really play with non commital except when I was playing Don and it seemed the only non commital person was his soon-to-be fiance because he had to propose to her like 5 times before she said yes and she's not even non commital.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I discovered that just removing the "Energized" buff will allow the klepto to still again without a cooldown time. My homeless klepto teen has over a million bucks now. He does other things too, but he doesn't work or go to school. He steals, paints, writes music, writes books, and I did the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration with him so all he has to do is collect interest every week. I will eventually age him up, I haven't played that save in about a week now so I need to check in with him. I think he's due another expansion to his house, lol.
  • Options
    KyaLeeKKyaLeeK Posts: 2 New Member
    To be honest I just recently started using a keleptomatic sim. I think she is pretty fun so far. But every time I switch my households, something is gone. Which got pretty annoying. So, I created a new kelpto sim on another save and surprisingly had so much fun. They aren't bad if you get a mod for no wait time. And they are super fun to challenge yourself with! I JUST recommend a save with no other played households.

As for non committal sims, I don't use them. I have before and it got stressful for ME to play the game. They always wanted to quit their job, and when I turned on random proposal, they got even MORE tense. They really just get on my nerves. Plus them always wanting a new spouse. They always wanted to break up then quit their job. They were quite a challenge, but somewhat a fun challenge. Just a little too stressful for me personally. They always want a change and something new or better. Some sims just aren't challenging but stressful. I have avoided these two traits for a while, but once you try them they're pretty good and not what I expected! I really enjoyed the kleptomatic sims. They are a nice switch from work work work family to steal steal steal spend. If you're getting bored with your game I suggest using these two challenging traits, they're pretty underestimated. I did think they would be terrible until I made a small work down geto apt. I needed some bad sims in my life LOL.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I plan on using the Kleptomaniac trait for a sim I will use for my Rags to Riches challenge ;).

I think it's safe to say that it is self explanatory to what I plan to do with the trait :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Has the non-committal trait been watered down? My non-committal sim is holding down a job without ever getting tense about it.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I think non-committal sims seem to react better to expansion pack jobs (e.g. critic, where you can work from home). But this is based on the fact I have somehow still not seen the negative moodlet yet.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2018
    edit: I am in idiot! I didn't realise I had already answered in this thread last year, so deleted!! :blush:
    Post edited by Stina1701A on