Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sim game do you prefer?

hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
I think about the sims 3 a lot lol
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Sims 2. But to be honest, I love them all for different reasons so its like...4 completely different games made around the same theme for me. 1 was a true life sim (for me) and it was actually hard to keep them alive til you got the hang of it. 2 was easier to keep them alive, but their lives were fuller and more entertaining. 3 was like The Sims: Action adventure edition! Then 4 with its push and pull CAS mechanics and drag and drop rooms and multi tasking and... they've really made choosing one over the others difficult :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sims 4.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally I still have love for the original The Sims. I never got into Sims 2 or Sims 3, because the original worked on my computer until 2015. Guess I am one who plays games until they no longer are supported. I only got Sims 4 because Windows 10 refused to allow my The Sims disk to install.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I love all my children for different reasons.

Currently though, I'm on a TS2 kick. I recently reinstalled it on my computer and have been having a blast playing it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've liked all of them so I actually don't have a favorite version. They were all great while I played them.

In retrospect, I did really like TS2 a lot. I don't feel the urge to play it now but it was a very involved game. I remember being fascinated by the introduction of genetics and aging life-stages. TS1 was a bit more of a hilarious joke but in a very fun way. Superstar really should come back with some of that humor.

I did enjoy TS3 while I played it. As for TS4, I am finding it very immersive and as I've mentioned, I play it in an entirely different way than how I played the other versions so I enjoy it a lot.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,760 Member
    Once upon a time I would have said Sims 2, in a heart-beat. But, like what's already been said, each iteration has something better than another, that draws you to it. Right now, I have to say Sims 4. Mostly because I love the toddlers — they are FAR superior to even the ones in Sims2. Plus, we can play on Long, (instead of keeping aging off until one is ready for that next stage in a Sims' life), and they can do far more. I've got a mod, that for now, may appease the need to have a Sim rise in the singer career, which is what kept me addicted to the ever-bugged Sims 3. So, loving the new CAS, the perks in build-mode and the toddlers with the ability to actually parent the minor Sims (yay, Parenthood), it's Sims4 for me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The sims 2, the sims 3 a smidge behind, the sims 1 and then at the bottom the sims 4.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Sims 3 for sure, I recently started playing it again and man its fun. If you have a great comp then you can play it with no stutter at all. I play just fine and with all my cc. There is sooooooooo much to do in that game its unreal. Its been out almost 10 years and I still probably haven't done half of what you can in it. Sims 2 was fine, but I don't think it was the best. I do like the interactions in sims 2 though. The only thing I really like about sims 4 is CAS, CAS is incredible and I mainly use it as a sim maker because its so much fun.

Overall though, Sims 3, in my opinion, is by far the best. It has the best of all worlds, you get customization, open world, plenty to do, so many themes, etc.....
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Sims 2 did a better job providing quality, Sims 3 did a better job providing quantity. Every inch of Sims 2 felt well fleshed-out, whereas Sims 3 seemed to understand it wasn't outdoing Sims 2 in quality, so it aimed to provide far more to do, far more skills and far more places to go even if they were occassionally buggy or bland.

Sims 1 was good too, just dated to the point it pretty much offers nothing superior over Sims 2. Sims 4 is just bad.

My sole criticisms of Sims 2 are:

1) University is waaaaaaay too long, tedious and bland. Makes it a chore.
    2) Open for Business breaks the economy. Bad decision for both the buyer and seller to make profit.
    3) Pretty easy.

Criticisms of Sims 3 would be:

1) Bugginess is an issue to the point of Island Paradise being non-functional.
    2) Wow Into the Future was bland and Plumbots were terrible
    3) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.
    4) The base game experience should not feel lacking and EPs should not be "required." This is why Sims 2 wins on quality.

The only things Sims 4 offers of value are:

1) Vampires
    2) Bills-to-income ratio is balanced better for a more difficult/realistic experience
    3) The ability to customize aging by active households and such is a good move

Only reasons I don't play Sims 3 lately are because I've played it to death to the point I pretty much know what wishes they'll roll. Sims 2 it's always an issue with University. Sims 4 I'm just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bored of it.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love 4 the most but I loved Sims 1 during it's run, and I loved Sims 2 during it's run. I didn't like Sims 3.
    The current game I feel could hold me well beyond it's completion time and that's a good feeling in case I don't like the next one.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    This is a tough one. If I had to pick just one to play for the rest of my life, I'd probably go with TS3, but they all had something the others didn't have. In my case, TS2 had likable pre-made characters, the Capp family being my favourite. I think the whole vampire thing works better in TS4 (the fact that you can force drink of any sim. Friend or stranger, doesn't matter), and I love the moods and their special options available.
    Although I had a lot of fun with TS1 from it's release to it's last expansion pack, I could never go back to it now, with the non-aging and limited selection in the sims maker. I do play TS4 the most these days, but I think TS3 is the winner in my book.

Sorry about the ramble, this are my thoughts unedited in text. :tongue:
  • Options
    hwasabihwasabi Posts: 17 Member
    I love TS4, but I've gotta say that TS2 has a special place in my heart. It was such a fun game, I wish that Maxis would bring some things back from TS2 into a new Sims game, like memories, or Sims stealing your newspaper at the front door if they hate you.. :D
    " The song is over. But the melody lingers on."—Haruki Murakami

tumblr_n9ttjuem1t1rn8lhxo4_500.gif
  • Options
    OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    Sims 2. It has a story mode. Almost like a Single Player campaign to guide the uninitiated like myself.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims 3 is my answer. It's not a perfect game. No doubt about it, I spent years complaining about it! =P However, once it finally got Seasons and now that I have a PC that can run it better, I like it a lot. I wish it wasn't so buggy. I also wish it didn't cost a fortune to get the content, or buy a PC that can really play it like it's supposed to be played. However, the open world, the story progression - that's my style of gameplay.

The Sims 2 was a favorite for a long-time. However, as I said, in the end I prefer the open world and story progression of The Sims 3. Although I do have to say I was impressed when I came back to TS2 after so many years last summer and saw what the modding community had done with it.

The Sims 1 was a frustrating game that made me only really want to build because actually trying to manage a Sim's life/relationships in that game was just way too hard and it stressed me out.

The Sims 4... Well, I think I've made myself pretty clear by now. It isn't even in the running. The CAS and gender identity options added are really neat, but that's really it. Add those features into the past games, because they're more worthwhile to play!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Sims 3 for now because witches, mermaids, Seasons, World Adventures, and University Life. <3
  • Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    I still prefer sims 3 for its more realistic look but theres alot of features and actions in sims 4 that I would like within sims 3
    So if sims 5 could like be a mix between the 2, I'd be very happy

I still miss being able to watch over all my sims at once despite them being in opposite sides of the city
    This entire thing with only following one sims if theyre away and one is elsewhere, doesnt appeal to me
    I also wish we had the UI from sims 3, I liked being able to see my sims needs without it interfering with the entire screen - because the screen was already taken up partly by the sims selected, unlike in sims 4 where its a like a popup box n its just bothers me