Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

homework books keep disappearing.

Ok so I moved the Goths into a house I built. I put Mortimer in the science career, when he comes home the kids do their homework, but I keep having to buy new books because their homework books aren't in their inventories or anywhere in the house. is this a bug I didn't know about??

Comments

• Options
    simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    I have the same issue with homework. You can buy a new one from the bookshelf in the meantime.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Kids have a habit of leaving homework wherever they did it last. Teens are the worst at this. If you have them off the home lot when they are doing homework, you just have to buy a new one. :smirk:

I always make sure my sims sit at the dining room table or at their desk to do their homework. And when you have them do the extra credit, they always put it back in their inventory, whereas they likely won't after regular homework completion. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    I think my teen must be throwing it in the garbage, because it's nowhere to be found. lol
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    They have been in their new house two days, both days they have done it at home at the counter/breakfast bar. or on the porch. they haven't done it anywhere else. and both times I have had to buy new books.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have do homework as one of the things to do with the kid club. I often find someone else's homework were ever the club met last. I think we need a find homework app on the Sims phones.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    he quit his job to help look after the triplets, no more missing homework.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    Same problem here. Either it disappears in the inventory or the homework becomes invisible on the table like the table sets from Parenthood.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I have the same problem with the homework and whole stuff in inventorys getting missing. And only in the science career if you follow your sim at work.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Same problem here. Either it disappears in the inventory or the homework becomes invisible on the table like the table sets from Parenthood.

Exactly this! I hope it gets addressed soon.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    & i would like to sell homework at a bookstore but it disappears there too
    every other book is there, even the journals but the homework ... poof gone & i have to let the sim buy it from the bookshelf

i hope too the devs fix this bug

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I gave up on homework and once it disappears I just send my kids to school. Homework helps the responsibility, but as far as school it doesn't really do much so I just move on.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I thought this was fixed ages ago. Only a couple months ago I experienced not only disappearing homework, but their inventories were completely reset/vanished! @rosemow helped me fix my problem by resetting my whole Sims 4 folder.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I gave up on homework and once it disappears I just send my kids to school. Homework helps the responsibility, but as far as school it doesn't really do much so I just move on.

homework adds gameplay
    kids & teens have otherwise not much gameplay to play
    & parents helping their kids learn is also additional gameplay, not well done but at least a little more than without
    i am trying to press out of TS4 as much gameplay there is & bugs & gliches preventing me from playing that little gameplay included are not helping with improving my opinion about TS4

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2018
    This has been happening to me too. It used to disappear every so often, but lately I have to repurchase homework books way more frequently.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    Mortimer was in the science career and I used to go to work with him. maybe it has something to do with the going to work with the sim. Did you go to work with your sims, and come home to find homework books missing, or was it a different scenario???? or aa different job??
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Mortimer was in the science career and I used to go to work with him. maybe it has something to do with the going to work with the sim. Did you go to work with your sims, and come home to find homework books missing, or was it a different scenario???? or aa different job??

Same problem as yours and only in the science career. I have the bug in my not so berry challenge and with my alien couple.
    The doctor career seems fine, no missing inventory after work.
    The thing is the MC gives me lastExceptions when bug occurs.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Hello
    For simmers who are having this issue occurring in their game, you may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback there. Other simmers can also then post feedback there too.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    rosemow thanks for the link, I looked through the list, nothing about homework books. I'll post a new thread. I went through the whole list, and was amazed how many of those problems I have in my game. not game breaking. enough to see I have bugs to, or just annoyances. We should all look through that list.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited February 2018
    rosemow thanks for the link, I looked through the list, nothing about homework books. I'll post a new thread. I went through the whole list, and was amazed how many of those problems I have in my game. not game breaking. enough to see I have bugs to, or just annoyances. We should all look through that list.

Hello
    I will post the link to the thread here and other simmers can post feedback there also
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/homework-books-disappearing/m-p/6637437#M58089
  • Options
    thank you rosemow