Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New GP Leaked: The Sims 4 Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm slightly put off by a bar lot being in a jungle setting.

It's not like the world's are short of them considering every world bar Newcrest, forgotten hollow, Granite falls and Magnolia Promenade has a bar.

As I said in another thread....yay...another bar venue. Pffft. All I feel is the same restrictions. The same game play. And the same sims acting the same in the new world.

I just can't get behind this game anymore even though I really miss my sims. I can't find a reason to fire it up. And what I see in this trailer doesn't make me want to either.

I hear you! Believe me.

I would love to know the relevance of a bar in a jungle setting. Just seems really out of place.

I fear they can't make any other venues aside from bars or nightclubs. lol
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

It's not like the world's are short of them considering every world bar Newcrest, forgotten hollow, Granite falls and Magnolia Promenade has a bar.

As I said in another thread....yay...another bar venue. Pffft. All I feel is the same restrictions. The same game play. And the same sims acting the same in the new world.

I just can't get behind this game anymore even though I really miss my sims. I can't find a reason to fire it up. And what I see in this trailer doesn't make me want to either.

I hear you! Believe me.

I would love to know the relevance of a bar in a jungle setting. Just seems really out of place.

Because the natives aren't savages? Or maybe it's like an actual functioning town and that the cantina is there for the tourists bc they thrive on tourist dollars?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

I hear you! Believe me.

Because the natives aren't savages? Or maybe it's like an actual functioning town and that the cantina is there for the tourists bc they thrive on tourist dollars?

Sounds like you are imagining it. Which is all this game is but then even when you try to imagine the game to play out how you want, it doesn't. It will just be another bar venue that you have to bury the tv underground and it will attract all the usual patrons that is does in all the other worlds.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I hear you! Believe me.

It's not about anyone being a savage. It's a jungle setting. I haven't seen anything about it being a town other than a bar lot. Deep in the middle of the jungle, chances of finding a bar are unlikely.

I fear @fullspiral is correct about her thoughts on bars. I know they are useful because they draw sims to a lot to make it look busy but I just wonder if having a bar will be a tad immersion breaking. We will see.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    NVM...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018

I hear you! Believe me.

It's not about anyone being a savage. It's a jungle setting. I haven't seen anything about it being a town other than a bar lot. Deep in the middle of the jungle, chances of finding a bar are unlikely.

I fear @fullspiral is correct about her thoughts on bars. I know they are useful because they draw sims to a lot to make it look busy but I just wonder if having a bar will be a tad immersion breaking. We will see.

SimGuruNinja said that the bars lot type in the new location (Selvadourada) work differently than on others.

But I think there might be rentals like in OR too, though I'm not sure. But there's not a random bar in the middle of the jungle, it wouldn't make sense to have a market full of tourists and locals in the midst of the jungle either. There's a market and a bar and probably some housing for sims to stay at.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I hear you! Believe me.

Sounds like you are imagining it. Which is all this game is but then even when you try to imagine the game to play out how you want, it doesn't. It will just be another bar venue that you have to bury the tv underground and it will attract all the usual patrons that is does in all the other worlds.

Well if you expect a game to give you every reason as to why this and this is here and there, than why are you even playing anyway?

I'm not playing. Haven't since shortly after the release of cats and dogs. I haven't even updated the last 2 patches. I just popped in because I heard the new GP trailer was today.

I can't find a reason to play! The game is boring and redundant and another bar venue only adds to that feeling. Sure, it's a different world and a different theme of adventure, but there's no reason to invest in my sims lives. They all play out the same. They all react the same. They don't have traits that matter, or any personality no matter which one you play. There's no depth. There's a few activities to do that wear off in terms of fun.

Sorry. That's my take. This GP isn't going to change anything as far as depth of the sims themselves goes.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Yes. The sad truth.

Again; great idea, but a lot of reskins of existing objects.

Really, are they going to use those food stalls in every pack now? Just with a reskin on top of it?

Also the ''market'' selling tables. Just the same old City Living stuff but with a different skin.

The Jungle looks nice, but we all know it's like 80% backdrop.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018

I hear you! Believe me.

Well if you expect a game to give you every reason as to why this and this is here and there, than why are you even playing anyway?

I'm not playing. Haven't since shortly after the release of cats and dogs. I haven't even updated the last 2 patches. I just popped in because I heard the new GP trailer was today.

I can't find a reason to play! The game is boring and redundant and another bar venue only adds to that feeling. Sure, it's a different world and a different theme of adventure, but there's no reason to invest in my sims lives. They all play out the same. They all react the same. They don't have traits that matter, or any personality no matter which one you play. There's no depth. There's a few activities to do that wear off in terms of fun.

Sorry. That's my take. This GP isn't going to change anything as far as depth of the sims themselves goes.

A ''Personality GP'' sounds stupid but this game need it. :D
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018

I hear you! Believe me.

When I was traveling in Mexico and India you would often see bars attached to the local market places/bazars/trading spots which judging from the trailer there seems to be in the world so to me it makes perfect sense that there would be one next to one in this location as well. It's a good place to rest up before/recover from an adventure and maybe find a shadowy figure to give you the details about a cursed treasure residing in a local tomb. Or maybe I've just seen one too many movies lol.

That said the gurus have said while it is a bar it will have different stuff coded into it while it's in the vacation world so it's not going to be exactly the same as a bar lot in Willow Creek or any other world.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I hear you! Believe me.

SimGuruNinja said that the bars lot type in the new location (Selvadourada) work differently than on others.

But I think there might be rentals like in OR too, though I'm not sure. But there's not a random bar in the middle of the jungle, it wouldn't make sense to have a market full of tourists and locals in the midst of the jungle either. There's a market and a bar and probably some housing for sims to stay at.

It will work differently because they have somehow coded it to work differently. YOU, as a player still have 0 control over how anything functions. It will be like San Myshuno and festivals, and apartments and everything else.

• Options
    Alright, then let's analyse what's there in the "town or village or whatever" area from the trailer:

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-019-640x426.jpg

Okay I can see just one building, it looks like a very big building, but I doubt there's more in there than just a cantina. Also there maybe another building behind that one. The style of the whole area suggests a former Spanish mission.

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-020-640x426.jpg

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-026-640x426.jpg

Nice but nothing you wouldn't find if placed in CL; same mechanics for functioning central neighborhood areas most likely.

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-029-640x426.jpg

I presume this is still in Selvadorada, and doesn't look like it's part of a cantina, either it's in a separate smaller building I didn't see or a separate room as part of the large building that probably also houses the cantina.

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-031-640x426.jpg

The cantina itself, obviously.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @SimGuruNinja where will our sims sleep?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member

But I think there might be rentals like in OR too, though I'm not sure. There's not a bar in the middle of anything, it wouldn't make sense to have a market full of tourists in the midst of everything either. There's a market and a bar and probably some housing for sims to stay at.

I'm wondering if that is a rental house to the left on this screenshot

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure_-Official-Trailer-0143.jpg

• Options

I hear you! Believe me.

Precisely. It will be easier to vision when we know the number of lots. But another bar doesn't thrill me.
  • Options

I hear you! Believe me.

It will work differently because they have somehow coded it to work differently. YOU, as a player still have 0 control over how anything functions. It will be like San Myshuno and festivals, and apartments and everything else.

I also hate City Living (even as I bought it half the price) but it's one EP. This is just a GP.

But I'm being entertained by my game as of late and I do like the theme, so I think I'll spend the buck as I haven't spend anything since I bought the Bowling Night SP (I'm not touching C&D EP with a 10 meter pole nor the latest SP's).

But I understand where you are coming, although you complain that it works like every other bar in the game, when it might not, and then say that's not your problem anymore but lack of control just doesn't seem very plausible when applied to this GP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I hear you! Believe me.

I also hate City Living (even as I bought it half the price) but it's one EP. This is just a GP.

But I'm being entertained by my game as of late and I do like the theme, so I think I'll spend the buck as I haven't spend anything since I bought the Bowling Night SP (I'm not touching C&D EP with a 10 meter pole nor the latest SP's).

But I understand where you are coming, although you complain that it works like every other bar in the game, when it might not, and then say that's not your problem anymore but lack of control just doesn't seem very plausible when applied to this GP.

Im tired of bar venues and their restrictions. Another bar venue is not appealing to me to take my sims out even if it is "coded differently"....it's still a freaking bar! My choices are still bars, parks, libraries and museums.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I hear you! Believe me.

Im tired of bar venues and their restrictions. Another bar venue is not appealing to me to take my sims out even if it is "coded differently"....it's still a freaking bar! My choices are still bars, parks, libraries and museums.

Well somehow the lot seems to function as a little market though (and afaik you can't do that with CL stalls), and it was said we can change the lot so I'm curious. But the outside may just not be part of the lot.

On an unrelated note: can you buy water bottles from those stalls? :D
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I hear you! Believe me.

The whole game is nothing but coding. I don't see what you're griping about. If you don't want a cantina in the middle of your jungle, then bulldoze it. It's just that simple. Then YOU can decide what to place there instead to draw other sims. Even that "personality" that you say is missing, would be nothing but coding for a personality, which, by the way, would be locked by the coding. So your still stuck playing the game the way it's been coded, personality or not.
  • Options
    Alright, then let's analyse what's there in the "town or village or whatever" area from the trailer:

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-019-640x426.jpg

Okay I can see just one building, it looks like a very big building, but I doubt there's more in there than just a cantina. Also there maybe another building behind that one. The style of the whole area suggests a former Spanish mission.

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-020-640x426.jpg

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-026-640x426.jpg

Nice but nothing you wouldn't find if placed in CL; same mechanics for functioning central neighborhood areas most likely.

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-029-640x426.jpg

I presume this is still in Selvadorada, and doesn't look like it's part of a cantina, either it's in a separate smaller building I didn't see or a separate room as part of the large building that probably also houses the cantina.

The-Sims-4-Jungle-Adventure-Official-Trailer-031-640x426.jpg

The cantina itself, obviously.

The market is likely not in a lot but an open area like in CL.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2018

I hear you! Believe me.

It's a place our sims can vacation. If they don't want to go exploring, what else would they do? A bar makes perfect sense. There are restaurants and bars in small tourist towns, even the jungle.

(I don't think Granite Falls has a bar, though?)

Also, @FullSpiral what kind of place would you like to see otherwise? In RL travel is much the same - you have shops, restaurants, bars, and "museum" type places. Different locations, different scenery but those are the basics. The temple itself is what's new and different.
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »

I hear you! Believe me.

It's a place our sims can vacation. If they don't want to go exploring, what else would they do? A bar makes perfect sense. There are restaurants and bars in small getaway towns.

I don't think Granite Falls has a bar, though?

Granite Falls only has lodges and the park ranger cabin.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I hear you! Believe me.

It's a place our sims can vacation. If they don't want to go exploring, what else would they do? A bar makes perfect sense. There are restaurants and bars in small tourist towns, even the jungle.

Also, @FullSpiral what kind of place would you like to see otherwise? In RL travel is much the same - you have shops, restaurants, bars, and "museum" type places. Different locations, different scenery but those are the basics. The temple itself is what's new and different.

We will have to agree to disagree, a bar deep in the jungle "jungle adventures" to me makes zero sense.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

I hear you! Believe me.

We will have to agree to disagree, a bar deep in the jungle "jungle adventures" to me makes zero sense.

In Sims 3 WA there were -- what did they call them -- base camps. So what is the difference really? Did you expect there to be no buildings? Only tents? Then it would be like the camping-only portion of Granite Falls and people would complain they couldn't "vacation" with their sims.

When I was in Mexico, there were the "ruins" we would explore during the day, and then go back to the village -- which did have a bar -- at night. Obviously due to constraints of the game, they can't spread everything out and make the village 20 miles away from the jungle. But it makes perfect sense to me.
  • Options

I hear you! Believe me.

In Sims 3 WA there were -- what did they call them -- base camps. So what is the difference really? Did you expect there to be no buildings? Only tents? Then it would be like the camping-only portion of Granite Falls and people would complain they couldn't "vacation" with their sims.

When I was in Mexico, there were the "ruins" we would explore during the day, and then go back to the village -- which did have a bar -- at night. Obviously due to constraints of the game, they can't spread everything out and make the village 20 miles away from the jungle. But it makes perfect sense to me.

Erm we are talking about bars not accommodation. I have no idea what kind of accommodation is included but I do know in world adventures there was lots of community lots. Not bars. To me this is advertised as a jungle/exploration pack with killer bees, poisonous spiders and a temple to explore. My mind doesn't go "Ooh another bar!"

My point is we have lots of bars. Another bar to act as a calling card to get sims to turn up and socialise. I guess I just miss the days when sims came to community lots regardless..