Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to resurrect a Sim who died of old age?

WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
I don't really plan to do it, but I noticed Sims roll that want. If you do bring them back to life, how long do they stick around?

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ya you can if you have the resurrect-O-nimitron, which is a career awarded object for the paranormal career. You have to use the phone and pay the grim reaper, you should pay a lot(max 5000 I think?) so your sim isn't resurrected as a zombie. How long they stick around isn't long if I remember right, it has been a while. A few days at most I think.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes, you'll be able to.
    Now remember: If your sim dies, the death will reset their aging bar. This means of an adult dies with 6 days left and gets resurrected, then they now have 29 days left. The amount of days elder stage lasted should remain same and your sim resume getting pension.
  • Options
    Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    Also, after you resurrect your elder sim you can basically have them stick around for as long as you want if you have the Elixir of Life. The Elixir of Life is an aspiration reward that is quite expensive, but totally worth it if you're trying to keep a sim alive that is on the verge of dying of old age, or aging up in general. Quick tip though, make sure your sims's aspiration meter is at least gold if they use it, or else that will make them grow older.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2018
    Mango23 wrote: »
    Also, after you resurrect your elder sim you can basically have them stick around for as long as you want if you have the Elixir of Life. The Elixir of Life is an aspiration reward that is quite expensive, but totally worth it if you're trying to keep a sim alive that is on the verge of dying of old age, or aging up in general. Quick tip though, make sure your sims's aspiration meter is at least gold if they use it, or else that will make them grow older.

It only has five uses, so you'll have to save a lot of points just to keep a sim living.
    Or a more simple way is turning the aging off by this cheat:
    aging off

It works (and is also written in The Sims 2 manual).
  • Options
    Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    Well @EgonVM, if a player simply just fulfills their sim's wants than a player shouldn't really have any trouble obtaining the Elixir of Life. Also, not everyone likes to use cheats, but if they don't mind, I guess your method would be ok.
  • Options
    Jman47Jman47 Posts: 3 New Member
    It's pretty easy to fulfill enough wants to keep buying elixirs and using them as you wish, the elixir gives you 15 days (3days×5doses) so that's plenty of time to save up enough points to buy it again each time it runs out. Usually I will use it until I can ensure said sim in question can fulfill his/her lifetime want, then let them start moving on for the next generation.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Jman47 wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to fulfill enough wants to keep buying elixirs and using them as you wish, the elixir gives you 15 days (3days×5doses) so that's plenty of time to save up enough points to buy it again each time it runs out. Usually I will use it until I can ensure said sim in question can fulfill his/her lifetime want, then let them start moving on for the next generation.

Usually if I send a sim on like two good dates, it's enough for an elixir. If you end the date as soon as it hits "dream date" you can spend maybe half a sim day racking up the points.

Any sim who has lived to elderhood has had a very sad life if they don't have enough aspiration points to buy an elixir... (Obviously it's more difficult for CAS elders.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]