Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New GP Leaked: The Sims 4 Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is the bird feeder a gameplay object? You fill it and birds feed from it.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Is the bird feeder a gameplay object? You fill it and birds feed from it.

Technically yes, no matter how much I do not want to consider it gameplay. If it involves a new sim animation, it’s gameplay. Doesn’t matter how complex or simple it is, because it will require more resources to create.
  • Options
    Hope this pack adds sleeping bag woohoo.

We don't have sleeping bags and I doubt we get them in this GP.

I think we 'll be getting sleeping bags with this pack.

Why? I could see hammocks, but a sleeping bag would be more of a GF item.

if the tombs are big they could be there for a long time so a sleeping bag would be good to have
    and there would be no where inside to put up a hammock @Dannydanbo

I don't think that the tombs are going to all that big, plus, if your sim is tired, they can leave and comeback the next day to finish the adventure.

leaving a tome is pretty immersion breaking.

If letting your sim go back to his basecamp to get rest to continue the next day of exploring tombs breaks your cartoon game immersion, then I have no words.

Well you didn’t actually have to. WA added new survivalist stuff that allowed you to refill some needs while you were in the tombs (shower in a can, etc). Meaning you could stay there and not have to leave, but you also had the choice to leave if that’s what you wanted to do.

Leaving a tomb in Sims 4 is obviously going to be much different, seeing how every time you travel you have to go through a loading screen to a completely different area.
  • Options

if the tombs are big they could be there for a long time so a sleeping bag would be good to have

I don't think that the tombs are going to all that big, plus, if your sim is tired, they can leave and comeback the next day to finish the adventure.

If letting your sim go back to his basecamp to get rest to continue the next day of exploring tombs breaks your cartoon game immersion, then I have no words.

Well you didn’t actually have to. WA added new survivalist stuff that allowed you to refill some needs while you were in the tombs (shower in a can, etc). Meaning you could stay there and not have to leave, but you also had the choice to leave if that’s what you wanted to do.

Leaving a tomb in Sims 4 is obviously going to be much different, seeing how every time you travel you have to go through a loading screen to a completely different area.

Maybe we'll get some of those this time, too. They were some of the quirky, fun objects that we could use in the game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I wonder if sims will even actually need survivalist stuff? I mean if the "cantina" (I'm assuming it's a cafeteria) has everything tis best if sims teleport there. On OR, you can do the same. It just depends weather you are willing to go through a loading screen or not.

On TS3 you had to travel from A to B being an open world which meant loosing vacation time while travelling. So it was important to sleep on the tombs.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    > @Maddis said:
    > The new Gameplay Pack got accidently leaked on Origin :smiley:
    >
    > Explore a unique wilderness landscape, revealing a temple, jungle obstacles, cursed relics and treasures. Experience the culture and customs of Selvadorada, from devouring local eats to learning spicy new dance moves!
    >
    > KEY FEATURES
    >
    > Venture to Selvadorada. Travel to Selvadorada a new destination where your Sims can befriend locals at the cantina or purchase essential survival gear. Your Sims can try traditional foods, dance to new music, practice native customs and shop for authentic décor. Dress your Sims in local fashion from outfits full of colourful patterns to durable clothing suitable for the jungle!
    >
    > Explore the jungle. Sims gear up in hiking attire and prepare for danger as they trek deep into the jungle, revealing hidden pools, ancient artifact sites and ruins. Beware of natural dangers and obstacles (from deadly bees to poisonous spiders) that will surely keep your Sims on their toes!
    >
    > Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.
    >
    > Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!
    >
    > SOURCE

------------------------

Sounds awesome. Is there any indication of when it will be released on console? I hate getting excited about these packs because I still have to wait an indefinite amount of time before I can play them.
  • Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!
    >
    > There's this, so I don't think it's just simoleons. You could have like a Lara Croft character that collects relics and puts them on the museums. At least those will now work for something with this pack. But that could get somewhat repetitive. We'll see if couples can actually go there for honey moon but I don't think that's what's intended with the theme so options are limited.

---------------

That's exactly what I did in SIMS 3, and loved it. I love decorating my Sim's mansion in artifacts collected on adventures.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I wonder if sims will even actually need survivalist stuff? I mean if the "cantina" (I'm assuming it's a cafeteria) has everything tis best if sims teleport there. On OR, you can do the same. It just depends weather you are willing to go through a loading screen or not.

On TS3 you had to travel from A to B being an open world which meant loosing vacation time while travelling. So it was important to sleep on the tombs.

Well I don’t exactly think this pack will be about tomb exploration. The ruins will probably be rabbitholes with text pop ups (like the tree from the base game), but I doubt your Sim will actually go anywhere. I figure the dangers are in the jungle, the ruins and pools and what not are probably just around the world on various paths for you to stumble across.
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member

Well I don’t exactly think this pack will be about tomb exploration. The ruins will probably be rabbitholes with text pop ups (like the tree from the base game), but I doubt your Sim will actually go anywhere. I figure the dangers are in the jungle, the ruins and pools and what not are probably just around the world on various paths for you to stumble across.

I really hope this isn't the case.
  • Options

I don't think it will be rabbit holes like the tree or cave. The description indicates that it won't be.

Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

That doesn't sound like a rabbit hole to me.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    NikNak wrote: »

Knowing the 'creativity' of TS4 it may end up happening. This engine can't handle anything. A big lot, many Sims on a single lot, no fade mods, lighting, etc. This game lags pretty bad with all DLC installed too worse than Sims 3. Rabbit holes will no doubt become more common as the game's tech gets pushed further to its doom.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options

I don't think it will be rabbit holes like the tree or cave. The description indicates that it won't be.

Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

It probably works like the apartment buildings. Big fx building with a lot inside.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

It probably works like the apartment buildings. Big fx building with a lot inside.

A one floor tomb would not be very fun to explore. I'm guessing that there will be a couple of floors with rooms to explore above ground and a couple to explore below ground.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

A one floor tomb would not be very fun to explore. I'm guessing that there will be a couple of floors with rooms to explore above ground and a couple to explore below ground.

Actually apartments can have more than one level. But it doesn't necessarily have to be on air? I'm talking about the fact that there's a huge fx building and a lot inside.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2018

If the entire temples were just text pop ups then that might possibly be the most disappointing, underwhelming and embarassingly pathetic thing Sims 4 has ever done, and that'd be impressive given that the game has a knack for disappointment.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2018
    It wouldn't make sense to make it only text-based. They would at least have to throw one or two actual on-screen adventures for advertisement so it doesn't flop much worse than CL catastrophy. You don't see Dine Out being as a text-based event, do you?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Oh gosh! No mention of swimming in the ocean. This is another version of Outdoor retreat.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Oh gosh! No mention of swimming in the ocean. This is another version of Outdoor retreat.

If it's got enough to do, what's wrong with that?

Probably it's a late March release.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options

Why would there be swimming in the ocean in a tomb exploring pack?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When I see a new pack, I try to work out what else they could use the pack's items for in the future. So hey, maybe they'll add the Fear emotion for future use with that skeleton?

Also, I like the look of the clothes style. We need more hats - but not stupid ones. I feel like some of the stuff we excavate will have uses too. A new collection. Cursed items? New ways to die?

Also, and I already said this, IT'S INDIANA BONES. I mean, not officially. But I'm cool with putting money on it. And I said it first.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I guess I was hoping for a vacation pack with hotels or motels etc. I see now that this is an adventure pack so it is what it is, I will reserve my opinion until after I play it.
  • Options
    MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Still no seasons, university, werewolves...? Duh.
    But this looks interesting. I'm curious what it's gonna look like.
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @aws200 wrote: »
    NikNak wrote: »

Knowing the 'creativity' of TS4 it may end up happening. This engine can't handle anything. A big lot, many Sims on a single lot, no fade mods, lighting, etc. This game lags pretty bad with all DLC installed too worse than Sims 3. Rabbit holes will no doubt become more common as the game's tech gets pushed further to its doom.

Or maybe it is because of the design Choice? Big Lots? Just because rhey don't want to add huge lots it dosen't mean it was because of the engine. A lot people prefer medium size lots compared on huge ones. There is nothing that limits them. Didn't we just get Huge lots in Brindleton Bay? Many Sims on a single lot? The gane can handle it. I know they limit it to 20 but the reason they did that was because a lot of simmers dosen't have High-end Computer. Sims are complex Creatures with autonomy, Inventories, Constant Needs, Traits, Emotions. and Moodlets. All of those will have to be calculated by the game just for one sim. Add up to 40 sims and you may see performance issues specialy as this sims has better routing and has the ability to multitask. If you had an high end Pc then just download a mod that increases the limit. If it works then it means that the game can handle it. Its a design Coice not an engine Limitation. Lightning? Lightning are already better compared on the previous iterations. From Shadows to Windows that has different cast of shadows based on your objects. This was even one of the strength of this game engine that they had. The Lightning. Design choices was always a different thing. Just because they do this, it dosen't mean the games engine was limited. Yep there are times that the engine was limited, but there are times that a feature was limited because of the desicoin of the devs.

Yep Lag is pretty Bad nut I am happy that every patch its getting less laggy for me.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm looking forward to this, spiders and adventure..
    YUS!
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Maddis wrote: »

Explore the jungle.
    Sims gear up in hiking attire and prepare for danger as they trek deep into the jungle, revealing hidden pools, ancient artifact sites and ruins. Beware of natural dangers and obstacles (from deadly bees to poisonous spiders) that will surely keep your Sims on their toes!

Discover a hidden temple.
    Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different

Im just curious about if these "ancient artifact sites and ruins" will be shown in the map. The way TS4 handels world maps is quite weird. In TS3 they could always hide certain parts of the world (remember hidden islands or tombs that have no icon in map?).

But now in TS4 every lot is shown on the map.

No, not every lot is shown on the map. There are hidden lots as well in the different maps I believe. Obviously Sixam which is only available through travel in a rocket/portal, the one in Oasis Springs, the one in Willow Creek, the one in Granite Falls. I don't remember if I'm missing any other hidden lots. Basically, to get to the ruins/sites, it might be the same way. It's location may or may not be seen on the map but you would have to go into the lot nearby (probably the forest) to get to the temple and then find the entrance to get into the temple. You might have to solve something or have a certain skill level to get inside.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥