Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loud Voices - A Rock & Roll Drama [Updated 2/16/18]

AvieLeagueAvieLeague Posts: 37 Member
OK, I'm gonna just screw up my courage and post this. I've been lurking and reading other people's stories and talking myself out of putting this up. The thing is, I'm (mostly) letting the game dictate the story, and I've gotten myself all invested in the characters, and I want to know what's going to happen next. So even though I just started it a couple of weeks ago, it already has 20 chapters. And several days of posts scheduled to be released over the next few days. Oops. (Although the chapters are actually short-ish and pretty quick reads. Some are even just pictures.)

At any rate! Loud Voices is a rock and roll-themed soap opera-ish story. Music! Romance! (Melo)drama! And some lighter moments that I like to think are a little bit funny. (There are some mature themes and language, but nothing terribly graphic.)

It looks like I'm encouraged to put a table of contents here, so I'll do that. If I missed anything else that I should have put in this post, someone who is less of a newb point it out to me, please? Thank you all for being such awesome inspirations!

"Musicians want to be the loud voice for so many quiet hearts." -Billy Joel

Table of Contents

lv-banner-posterized.jpg
Loud Voices: Sims and drama and rock and roll.
Post edited by AvieLeague on

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey, I just binged your story! I really like it! I'm following along now, so I'll be able to keep up through WordPress Reader. I love the mix of writing and wordless chapters--and you've got great characters! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Really enjoying this so far! You're a talented writer, and I love how unique the story is--as well as the ensemble cast. I'll try to catch up soon!!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Aw, thanks you guys! No rush on catching up. I'm still avidly dodging potential spoilers for Fangs 2 until I manage to get through 1, which has become my favorite lunchtime reading material. I'm just glad people are enjoying it!
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Yay! There's a thread for this now! I ended up getting halfway through last night and I can't wait to get myself caught up. :)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh wow! This is addictive! I love how the chapters are short (or shortish) , snappy, but somehow have so much packed into them.
  • Options
    Eee! It makes me so happy that you're all visiting my little blog. :) I'm having so much fun with this. Thanks for your encouragement!

lv-banner-posterized.jpg
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    No problem. This is too cool. Loud voices is a very catchy name too, and so relevant when it comes to the topic of music, such as rock and roll. XD

Looking forward to hopefully catching up this afternoon. :smile:
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I love seeing the fanclub for this story growing! :) Count me in! <3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    I only had time to read the first few chapters right now, but this looks like it's shaping up to be a fun story. When I tell stories in Sims games, I also like to come up with a rough outline and then let the game fill in the blanks from there -- sometimes I get good ideas for story tangents from something random that happens in the game -- so I totally get where you're coming from with your storytelling style. And I find Ginny's situation at the start very relatable (even though I definitely never had such a tragic past or a rich grandfather). I look forward to catching up sometime.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • Options
    enson85enson85 Posts: 408 Member
    I just finished chapter 4 and this is very very good. I like your picutres and your story! I'll make sure to come back and read the other chapters after work!
    Origin ID : enson8502
    In the Sims 4 gallery #enson8502
    SvlLcmb.png
    Watch ''A Simple Life'' episodes here
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, guys! And yeah, @Blaze_Bard, Ginny is the one character I didn't use a bunch of randomizing rolls to create. She's not really a simself, but she's sort of my self-insert into this story, in that I love music but I have zero musical talent. That, and I spent way too many years doing what people thought I should be doing instead of what I knew I wanted to do. But hey, I bet most of us have been there.

Also, while you're all here... I'm approaching a point where the band competition is about over. My intention is to start doing some rotational play involving the gang in their individual lives as well as just at the warehouse. I'm having trouble deciding whose life I want to drop a camera into first, though. I have some ideas about what would make a good story flow, but if anyone wants to vote for favorite characters that you'd like to see more of, I'm open to hearing your opinions.

ETA: Oh, right. And there's a new chapter up today. I may not remember to come here and tell people that every time, but as of right now, I have daily updates scheduled to post for at least the next couple of days.
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
  • Options
    The latest update, 25: No Surrender, is now up. We find out how Lani really feels about Marcus, and Jeremy and Patrice have an actual conversation. Like, with words and everything.
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
  • Options
    Two new story posts since I last updated here!

In 26: Dept. of False Hope, we have the final elimination round and discover which three of the contestants will form the Dolman Music-backed band.

In 27: Between A Laugh And A Tear, Rima and Hunter are absolutely not plotting revenge, no way. And Del's adorable mini-me sets to work on schooling Del in parenthood.
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
  • Options
    New post! 28: Bored To Death catches us up with Dustin and Marcus.
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg