Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much are your bills?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2018
    The more expensive objects your sims have, the higher your bills. I believe paintings count as well, but I'm not entirely sure. Bills will go down a little bit as objects depreciate over time. However, it becomes quite the problem when you've been playing the same household for generations.

There are several things I do to help:

1.) This one's a given, get the reward Frugal with aspiration points.

2.) Inventory items count towards bills, so clean out your family inventory often. Rewards from jobs, prestigious events, and old furniture build up over time.

3.) Write a couple books. Book royalties last an entire sim's lifetime, and can really offset the bills.

4.) Live in apartments. I actually play with apartments quite often. Your bills stay the same price even if you buy the most expensive of everything. My sim has a super posh apartment and only pays $500 in bills.

Just to point out... royalties don't last a sims lifetime. They last 21 days. But, writing is a good way to make some extra cash for bills, just pop out a couple books, and it's money you get everyday, unlike in Sims 3. In Sims 3, royalties lasted 6 weeks and was paid weekly. In Sims 4, you're paid daily (even though only a certain number show on the popup, you get paid for them all) and last 21 days. :)

Painting is another good skill to have to help with bills. You can just pop out a few paintings a week (at higher skill level) and help with bills. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    edited February 2018
    12k for a 4bed/3bath home. I don't really like having extra cash(we like the struggle life over here!) so the wife is the only one that has a real job.Occasionally, her husband will get inspired and write a book,but she normally makes enough in a week to cover the expenses.
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    More or less around 10,000 a month.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I had my sim move to the Von-Windenburg Estate once (I had played on the same file for quite some time by then, so the Villareals had all died of old age, thus making it vacant), and I think I paid up to 17K or something each month. Way too much, and the place was too big anyway, so I eventually had him move to the haunted flat in the city. Now he pays 600 each month instead. Much better. xD
  • Options
    CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    They are a lot
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    19,000 with the reward to make it cheaper. They have 900,000 right now though so they are hardly hurting for money (it's my 20ish generation).
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    I used a big mansion from the Sims Community Gallery. And the bill costed over 100,000 simos. Because the mansion had lots of furniture and other expensive items.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Between 2.5k and 3k a week. I built the house myself and it doesn't have a lot of furnishings.
  • Options
    Confession68Confession68 Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2019
    I know this thread is a year old, but I had to do a Google search, and though this is the first time this has ever happened... I have Jungle Adventures, and since the artifacts you find sell for high prices, I always put my sim on an empty lot and send them to Selvadorada to earn money to build them a nice house. Well, I decided to have them stay longer than the 7 days. Monday rolled around, and the bill came in. They only have a 2k lot with no house, but my bill was $21,334! :s I'm pretty sure this is some kind of glitch, and my jaw near dropped to the floor! That's all the money in their household funds right now! This is some craziness, lol! Needless to say, that's the highest bill I've ever gotten, lol!

Edit: And I just found another thread elsewhere mention that it was a glitch that happens when sims are on vacation. Good to know, lol. Thank goodness for money cheats to combat this! :D
  • Options
    WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    55k, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Mine seem proportionate to the type of lot/home/expense... BUT I have found that I need to watch out that there is not excessive (valuable) stuff in the personal &/or household inventory of the sims or their bills can really inflate. Once I got a bill for over $165,000 when they had a bunch of harvested produce that was really valuable in their personal inventories, and once I sold most of it the bills became reasonable.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    Around 5,000 to 6,000 dollars, yikes ! It’s mainly due to the thermostat that my sims use during the really cold weather.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I built a large victorian to house current and future content...currently the bills are $16+ :grimace:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Family of 6 (Parents, Two Child Aged Girls, Toddler Boy, Baby Girl) Bills are around $5000 Simoleans.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    My main household is in Willow Creek with 6 sims and their bills are just under 20,000 simoleons.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    My household lives in a 5 bed, 4 bath house near the wharf in Brindleton Bay, and their bills are about $3,000-$5,000, depending on if I use the thermostat or not.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2019
    This is a difficult question because I don't just play one family. I have trailer parks/apartment families that only pay $300 a week. Celebrities and politicians that pay $50,000 or more. And everything in-between.

ETA: Ha. I already answered this.
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    $7,000ish, it's a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house in Windenburg. So far, that has been the largest bill I've gotten, my previous families all rented.
  • Options
    brandonchiambrandonchiam Posts: 1 New Member
    mine's around 70k for a 4 floor penthouse in san myshuno with 3 beds and 6 baths
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    $6Kish for the main home of the family and around $2-3K for the other two households I play.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2020
    My current Sim, Faunus, lives in the penthouse apartment in the Arts District of San Myshuno. Even with a second story added, it's a 1 bedroom, 1 bath home. His bills (rent) are approximately §4,500/week.
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Not totally sure since I'm planning on making a new Sim when I play tonight but the type of Sim I'm going to do, their bills are probably going to be expensive. My Sims bills normally are. Good thing I know the money cheat, lol
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    The family I'm playing at the moment has bills around the 8000 mark. They can't actually afford to play them right now so I've had them live at the magic HQ for a few days since they're all spell casters. :D
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    in a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom 20x30 house, i rarely get bills over 2000 simoleons
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The most I have ever had to pay as bills for my sim is 125000 simoleons.