Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why clean clothes in hamper

Comments

• Options
    NerelithNerelith Posts: 13 New Member
    I do not understand why if clothing even in a pristine condition is placed on the floor, and then taken to the hamper it would ever go into the hamper "Clean". If I Put clothing that is clean on the floor, it is now dirty. I think that the devs over-thought this needlless complication. If you change the hampers so that any clothes dropped into it, regardless of source considers it at least "used" then ALL clothing in the hamper can be cleaned since ALL clothing is always dirty once in the hamper.

What is the point of considering any clothing going into the hamper regardless of source as " clean"? it is a needless complication that is frustrating a lot of players.
  • Options
    P.S. While going through Pockets instead of getting loose change, I got " Bleep The Robot". I think this is not intended. The pack is bugged.
  • Options
    Confirmed that when the laundry comes out of the dryer, if you select " Put laundry away" sometimes it goes directly into the hamper. I had clicked "Put laundry away" the clothes dissapeared and landed into an empty hamper, then when I checked the hamper the clothes could not be washed as they were already clean. :(
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    This is just a guess, but I think if your Sim changes into newly laundered clothes, then changes again right after, those "old" clothes are technically still clean and when they go into the hamper, affect the state of the clothes already in the hamper. I think the hamper averages out the states of all clothing that go into it. So you may have to wait a day or so for the clothing to decay. (Personally I like that the clothing has different states of decay, but that's probably because I've been fortunate enough to not have any bugs).

And @Nerelith the toy is not a bug, it's just something fun you can find when searching. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am having the same problem. It says these clothes are already clean or it will say these clothes are already dry. I have tried adding a second laundry basket, but I can't click on it.
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    I played the other day and everything worked fine and tonight I went to play and I am having the same issue with all the washing options being grayed out. I changed nothing. What is up?
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I have this issue also. Clean clothes from the dryer poof like they're supposed to, but piles end up in the hamper regardless of cleanliness. Eventually all hampers are filled and both clean and dirty clothing piles end up all around the house with no where to go. It's frustrating. The only thing we can do is delete all piles and hampers and start again.

The only mod I'm running is MCCC by Deaderpool, the most recent version.

Other than the piles of laundry and clean clothes in the hamper issue, the laundry system is working fine.

Dez
  • Options
    This problem would disappear if they either removed the possibility of having clean clothes in the hamper completely, or if they want to keep that option, make it so even if clothing is clean, they can still be washable.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    This clean clothes in the laundry hamper issue is really annoying. I always fill my 2 hampers with clean clothes just by my 5 sim family going about their daily activities changing for work, jogging and showering etc. The decay rate of the cleanliness of the clothing in the hampers is so slow I never get a chance to do the laundry before I have to replace the hampers and start again.

I created a small and very basic tuning mod to make the full hampers become dirty very quickly so that I could wash the clothes. I'm not very good at the modding lark so the decay doesn't stop once the clothes in the hampers are dirty. It keeps on going. I need to work out how to change the cleanliness decay rate once the laundry is dirty and can be washed. Meanwhile, you can use the mod 'as is' to wash full hampers of clean clothes without much delay.

The mod is available at http://simfileshare.net/download/438123/ . It only changes the cleanliness decay rate of a FULL hamper and it does it really quickly. A couple of sim hours will make the clothes dirty enough to wash. Wash the clothes without delay.
  • Options

The only way clothing should get into your hamper is...
    • When a Sim that isn't a Slob or Lazy changes outfits, one pile of clothing should immediately be placed in the hamper. The cleanliness of clothing generated when changing an outfit should always be Used (or worse), which means it should always be able to be washed.

When my sim spins to change clothes or shower/bath the clothes that come off are clean. This only happens once I have done a wash in the machine and I have always used flower additives to the wash. Clothes are hung out to dry on the line and then tossed in the air to put away. After that, any piles of laundry or anything going into the hampers is clean and unable to be washed. I can of course 'cheat' the piles to a dirty state and I have a simple tuning mod to vastly accelerate the cleanliness decay in Full hampers so that they can be washed without waiting several days.
  • Options
    littlemermaid83littlemermaid83 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having this issue too. I see that SimGuru Graham replied, but I definitely haven't "set down" the laundry. The hamper gets full of clean clothes and becomes unusable. The only way to fix is to delete and repurchase a hamper. I have no mods or CC in my game and have all packs and updates installed.
  • Options
    I'm having this issue too. I see that SimGuru Graham replied, but I definitely haven't "set down" the laundry. The hamper gets full of clean clothes and becomes unusable. The only way to fix is to delete and repurchase a hamper. I have no mods or CC in my game and have all packs and updates installed.
    It might help if you press 'me too' on this thread at EA https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-LDSP-Clean-dry-clothes-in-laundry-hamper/m-p/6592371#M57224
  • Options
    JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have exact same problem. One hamper can have dirty clothes in it, the other clean clothes, that cant be picked up, washed or put away. https://imgur.com/CSjXb08
    I cant be the only one that wants to know, who was daft enough to think clean clothes go in the hamper?? and not in the drawers or wardrobes, where they are supposed to go. I see my sims twirl and their dirty clothes go into the hamper. the next day they clean them. which again end up in the hamper, so where are the dirty clothes supposed to go. I feel my sims are living in a twilight world where washing is backwards. I hope this gets rectified. with three kids and a dag and cat, they haven't time to be tripping over clean clothes on the floor. and why are they on the floor. someone allowed this in the game. Why??
  • Options
    libbyhilllibbyhill Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it’s somethinh to do with how long they’ve worn it. I deleted my hamper because it was driving me mad but my sim got out of bed and changed into fresh clothes and then had a shower and the fresh clothes were still clean on the floor
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    libbyhill wrote: »
    I think it’s somethinh to do with how long they’ve worn it. I deleted my hamper because it was driving me mad but my sim got out of bed and changed into fresh clothes and then had a shower and the fresh clothes were still clean on the floor

I think it's exactly this, but I firmly believe that if the clothes are in the hamper they should be able to be washed or they shouldn't go there in the first place.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I too have the clean laundry in hamper issue and I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it only started happening after I added fruit instead of flowers as an additive to the washing machine. It was the first time I added additives and I didn't have any flowers in my Sims' inventory at the time so I added an apple. The clean laundry in hamper issue temporarily fixes itself though after a few more clothing changes if the hamper doesn't become full before then. The number of clothing changes required before the temporary break or fix varies.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am experiencing the same thing as the OP. I have no mods in my game. It seems after awhile, I lose the option to put clothes from the hamper to the washing machine. and when I hover the curser over the greyed out option to put clothes in the washing machine. It says that the clothes are already clean...I have never clicked and dragged the clothes on the floor to the hamper. I am not using additives in the laundry.

I removed all of the hampers, and when they spin to change clothes...some of the piles are "used" some of the piles are "clean." according to SimGuru Graham, the are supposed to always say used or worse when changing clothes. I am going to put my hampers back in and when I do laundry I'm going to sell the clean laundry in my sims inventory. I wont be able to get the positive moodlets, but I don't know what else to do. Its really annoying. I hope they fix it soon.
    Post edited by randy2355 on
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2018
    I haven't had any hamper issues, but a couple times I left laundry in the washer for awhile and they went from clean to used. Same thing happened with clothes I left in the dryer too long. They went from warm and dry to used. If I take the clothes out of either machine as soon as they buzzer sounds, this doesn't happen.

One other time laundry hanging on the line went from Pristine when I hung them up to used when I retrieved them. In my game, it seems the state of clothes deteriorate over time if you don't retrieve them right away. Regardless, clothes that have been washed or dried, but unworn should not be designated as used. Perhaps a better label in this situation would be 'stale' or 'unfresh'? Or maybe 'moldy' if left for a very long time in the washer. lol *shrugs*
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It would have been smart if at the same time as laundry day, we had a revamp of how often sims change clothes. Because right now, it's too often, and out of our control. Why do sims put clean clothes after coming back from a jog ? I'm gonna send them shower anyway !
    And what's wrong with picking up the bills in your pajamas ?
  • Options
    sneezepleasesneezeplease Posts: 18 Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > It would have been smart if at the same time as laundry day, we had a revamp of how often sims change clothes. Because right now, it's too often, and out of our control. Why do sims put clean clothes after coming back from a jog ? I'm gonna send them shower anyway !
    > And what's wrong with picking up the bills in your pajamas ?

Yeah, there are so many outfit changes that go straight into the hamper when they've barely been worn. There should be some function where clean clothes head back to the dresser or closet, rather than the hamper. Because if you've got six or seven outfit changes a day (between pajamas, work attire, workout equipment, normal clothes, then a change after shower, then a change into pajamas,) per sim, it gets kind of insane. You shouldn't have to do laundry every single day.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Feet46 wrote: »
    Can it be the reason why my washing option is grayed out ? My sim just went to the shower and I saw dirty cloths falling into the hamper, but it's impossible to load the washer. My sim had and option to check pockets but that's it. I've purchased new machines, new hamper, repaired my game, but nothing helps. It worked ok for the first 3 loads.

I had this problem too!

Do you have a shelf on the wall over the washer? Remove it or move the shelf higher.

To the people with the hamper problem, do you have a dresser on the lot? I'm not having this problem, so I'm curious as to why clean laundry would go back in the hamper.

Oh, so that's what did it? I just put shelves over the machines, too. Bummer, it was a nice look.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm sure someone mentioned we don't have to have a dresser on the lot, clean clothes will disappear into an imaginary dresser.
    I'm not sure but I think the hampers that we had for decoration before the laundry pack, still only work as a decorative ornament, I don't think they work as hampers. and there easy to get mixed up.

I now have the problem back. a few days ago I started a brand new game, and my Goth family have four hampers in the house, sometimes a few will be full of dirty or used clothes. but a few will say these clothes are clean. I have also noticed that clothes left in the washer will have the option to wash again, as clothes left in the dryer will have the option to take out and wash again.

@happyopi brings out a great point, sims change clothes too many times. sometimes there happy to meet a new sim in the street in their PJs. other times they change before a shower, and again after. while still in their house. surely they can go from bedroom to bathroom in their Pjs. and change after their shower.
  • Options
    lovelymuselovelymuse Posts: 1 New Member
    Experiencing this myself as well. After having 4 piles of clothes end up on the floor (2 piles clean and 2 dirty), I got frustrated at tested it out. I deleted my hamper (filled with clean clothes I couldn't wash) as well as the piles on the ground. I washed the 2 dirty pilees, and they were put away properly. I then changed my outfit right in front of the new, empty hamper and watched as my clothes went right in; clicked it, and came out with clean clothes that couldn't be washed. This definitely is a bug and/or not working as intended.

I've never had an issue where my freshly dried clothes went right back into the hamper. Then again, I also didn't pay that close attention. I will now. This is definitely an annoying problem, as I love to change outfits multiple times a day (3 fashionable sims living in this house) and I've been doing laundry at least 1-2 times a day, only recently has this become a more noticeable issue.
  • Options
    lephantlephant Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having the same issue.

If my sims are wearing very clean clothes and then they jump in the shower they spin their clothes into the hamper. The hamper now contains "clean & dry" clothes that cannot be washed or dried or put away. If I mouse over "add to washer" it says "these clothes are clean". If I mouse over "add to dryer" it says "these clothes are already dry". The hamper is now full. My sims continue to change clothes when changing activities or joining a club gathering and their clothes are now in "clean, dry" piles on the floor or in their inventory. They cannot be moved to a hamper because the hamper is full. They cannot be washed or put away. The only thing I can do is delete the clothing piles, delete the hamper and re-buy it.
  • Options
    lephant wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue.

If my sims are wearing very clean clothes and then they jump in the shower they spin their clothes into the hamper. The hamper now contains "clean & dry" clothes that cannot be washed or dried or put away. If I mouse over "add to washer" it says "these clothes are clean". If I mouse over "add to dryer" it says "these clothes are already dry". The hamper is now full. My sims continue to change clothes when changing activities or joining a club gathering and their clothes are now in "clean, dry" piles on the floor or in their inventory. They cannot be moved to a hamper because the hamper is full. They cannot be washed or put away. The only thing I can do is delete the clothing piles, delete the hamper and re-buy it.

Well post patch v1.40, I am no longer seeing this issue. For me, it has been fixed. I always had clean clothes in the laundry basket and I had to produce a mod to make the clothes dirty. Since the patch, and without the mod, the clothes in the laundry basket are always washable.