Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome Wagon is kinda bothersome.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    The best way I have found dealing with this wagon is to round everyone up in a group and do something as a group. Watch tv, a movie, go swimming if the home has it or just sit down somewhere and talk. But yeah. The welcome wagon can become annoying sometimes. Especially when you go play one of the premades who obviously have lived there for quite a while and all the suddenly its the invasion of the neighbours.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the Welcome Wagon coming over after you move your Sims in? Honestly, I don't want to feel obligated to talk to the neighbors. And also, making friends in the game spawns excessive texts. Tips on how to prevent this?

Don't answer the door, but hide under the bed, instead? :open_mouth: Actually, I thought you were going to address the Welcome Wagon interaction we now have. I'm still trying to sort out just what it does.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I've always had all my Sims go out to a bar immediately after the start of the game. That way, I avoid the Welcome Wagon (with that horrid fruitcake), and also get a start on meeting some of the Townies.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The most amusing thing about the welcome wagon is if the person that brings the fruitcake tries it and doesn't like it at all. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Unfortunately, welcome wagon does not include fruitcake in Forgotten Hollow. :smiley:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited February 2018
    That Fruitcake I getting it rarely this days. The fruitcake bringer put it in their pocket, eating it themselves and almost every time is disgusted by it. :D

A note if you use the private lot trait the welcome wagon will not come to bother you.
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    This is why i always move my sims into Newcrest. No lots = No neighbors.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Whoa, who necro'd my thread?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Whoa, who necro'd my thread?

Kippu did actually. :)

But if we're still keen on talking about this, my welcome wagons end up with me never getting the fruitcake sometimes. That's fine by me though lol.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KippuKippu Posts: 119 Member

Kippu did actually. :)

But if we're still keen on talking about this, my welcome wagons end up with me never getting the fruitcake sometimes. That's fine by me though lol.

My bad lol :#

I was just particularly annoyed at the welcome wagon for jumping in my pool with their dirty uninvited bodies, so I had to find a thread on it
    oof
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    The welcome wagon is annoying if my sim got stuff to do, but I don't have the heart to send them packing, no matter how annoying it may be. The "I assume we're not wanted here" message made me feel bad. xD
  • Options
    EmontheinternetEmontheinternet Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't even think my game is providing the welcome wagon anymore. I like it though, it's kind of fun to see who'll be coming around to visit.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I just let them in and then have my sim make food and go about her business before I start talking to anyone. Sometimes I just instruct the sim to cook and then let them do what they want until the party breaks up. It helps your sim make friends if nothing else.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I find it pretty obnoxious as of lately I'm the kinda guy that wants to take time with if I want my sims to meet more folks not right from the first second, plus I hate that if you ignore / cancel the welcome wagon they just get a negative relationship thing like geez sorry my sims don't want to talk to you right now don't take it personal...
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    LazydLazyd Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Missmagoo2 said:
    > The Welcome Wagon should just be called the Unwelcome Wagon. They come, I let them in, they give me that disgusting fruit-cake thing that for some reason my sims keep eating and getting a negative moodlet (I end up having to throw it away before then, now), they sit and chat with my sims, and after ALL of that, they leave and say "I guess we're not wanted here." YOU CAME TO MY HOME UNINVITED. I did everything I could to be a nice host, but nooooo. *face palm*

it would be a blessing if they took the fruitcake with them instead of leaving it on the lawn.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Before this gets locked: The private dwelling lot trait is a blessing. ;)
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I don't mind the welcome wagon. Sometimes my sims have a high cooking skill and I offer them a better meal than the fruitcake. They really appreciated it. But I don't like the surprise visits from random sims. Well, one time one of my sims lived on an off the grid lot. With the heavy rain outside I've sent him to take a shower in the rain. At this moment a random sim appeared, knocked at the door and was ashamed that my Sim was naked. Well I didn't invited him, so it was not my sim problem, he had the shameless reward trait.