Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a mod idea or new addition to CAS

I've been having some trouble! I made my simself long ago. Whenever I'd update him, I'd always edit them in game and then save to the gallery. However, I just figured out like a few weeks ago that saving a sim saves all their skills and aspiration completion and their stats! This sucks because when I try to create a new game with my simself, he has all this progress already completed on him and I don't want to have to try to remake him!

This is why I believe the Sims Team should create a new option in CAS. A "Clean Slate" or "Never Played" option that will start the Sim in the world with no skills saved, no aspiration progress, reset stats, etc. I would try to make a mod myself if I had the ability but I'm clueless when it comes to programming. What do you guys think? Do you think there should be an option like this in CAS?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you want to start over, go to the gallery, edit your simself there and then place him in the world.
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Dannydanbo But even uploading the sim to the gallery and putting him back in game, he will still have his skills, aspirations and career progress.

@Ermac910 You haven't kept an early save of your sim when you created him first ?
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    You can always make a twin of your sim and delete the original. You have to do all of the outfits again though, but other than that it gives you an exact copy of your sim
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    Sindel910Sindel910 Posts: 44 Member
    @Melpomena No and even if I did they would look very different from my current simself.

@lisalittlesimmer I could do that but many people have said and I have even noticed that making a twin will slightly alter some of the sims features and for an OCD person like me, it would just bother me too much :/