Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you age up your babies or let them age naturally?

Comments

• Options
    KingoKingo Posts: 30 Member
    Age them up
    Age them up, Sims 4 babies aren't cute, just annoying.
    I also don't like the interactions with babies, it's just too boring
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Age them up
    I play with aging off normally. I do age them up after about a day though so it would still count even if if I played with aging on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Age them up
    Age them up sadly a bassinet is not a fun life stage.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Age them up
    Babies are too lacking and with no changing station and stuff from previous base games I feel there's no point in them. Honestly they should remove babies and just have women give birth to toddlers. Unless they make a Game Pack/Stuff Pack on expanding babies we do not need them in game.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Let them age naturally
    The babies are boring but I want my sims to experience the despair you feel when your baby cries in the middle of the night when you are hungry, sleepy and moody yourself.
  • Options
    NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    Age them up
    i bond with them first few days, then age them
    then i bond again, then age them again
    till its enough
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Age them up
    As long as babies are objects and not sims I'll be aging them up instantly.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Age them up
    I play with aging off, so I would have to age the baby up myself. I keep the baby long enough to max up its relationship with its parents. I'm only on sim baby #2 though, lol, so can't say I will do this with every single one. The first one was way back before parenthood came out. I decided then that family play wasn't my thing, so no babies, toddlers, and children in my play for the longest time. I actually just had my second sim baby just a couple days ago as I decided to finally give parenthood a try. I made sure to make a 'pre-baby' save, in case I regret making my sims have a kid!
  • Options
    MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    Age them up
    I'm usually too impatient so I end up aging them up myself!
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Let them age naturally
    Most of the time I let them age naturally but occasionally I will age them up if I am trying to match their age with some townie kids or sometimes if I don't think I will be playing them, I would age them up to get them out of the house faster.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Age them up
    Until I get tired I age them up
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Let them age naturally
    Idk I like suffering through the long lifespan of a baby I guess
    Sometimes it's more convenient for me to have them to be babies since I have more time to set things up when they become toddlers.

My families are either drowning in their piles of money or eating stolen produce from their next door neighbor to survive :#
  • Options
    mshadaimshadai Posts: 75 Member
    I don’t wait get too impatient lol as the others take ages at time unless I age them up too
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I wait because it’s more realistic and I feel like aging them up early would be cheating. I also feel like the life stages were all made to fit together, so I don’t want an imbalance.
  • Options
    TristySnowTristySnow Posts: 13 New Member
    It really depends! Ideally I wanna let them age up naturally and mostly that's what I do but sometimes they can be so annoying so I force them to age up so I can enjoy the peace and have them do chores around the house too lol. I'm such a bad mom.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Age them up
    i can't handle those screaming potatoes for more than a second.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Sindel910Sindel910 Posts: 44 Member
    I tend to always age up my babies if the game tells me their birthdays are on that day! Hopefully I would remember though! If not then they just age automatically!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Age them up
    I used to age them naturally but I started aging them up after like 4 days. I play on long so babies are babies forever. They are pretty boring compared to the other age groups. Lately, it seems like they are constantly crying for food, poop and attention. It is realistic but ugh one of my Sims just had my first set of triplets in game and I had a headache from all the crying. The toddlers are tough to take care of but at least they can grab food and play with the toys to keep themselves occupied a bit and they are just adorable.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    Age them up
    I keep them as babies for 1 simday, then age them up.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Age them up
    Straight away most of the times. Babies are so boring in this game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Let them age naturally
    It depends - basically I follow the rules of: Once they get a certain grade + certain level of skills - I can age them up. But until then, if they don't reach those specific standards then I let them age up naturally. So it's kind of half and half; but there was no option for both. :)
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I think the babies are super boring but it kind of depends on what I am doing. If it is a story most of the time I let them age up naturally. If it is just like a current household, I will age them up.
    If you are doing a legacy or challenge and don't want to "cheat" you could do it when the "It's almost (Insert bby's name birthday)" That way you do have a little bit of the baby phase.
    I also like the baby phase because it lets my Sims take off work. So if nothing else, that is a great perk. I think it's cute for my new mommy and daddy to be able to spend a little time together and get used to being new parents.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Age them up
    I age them up as soon as possible. I usually have a 3 day period where they stay babies to get the family and house ready but sometimes I have to elongate those 3 days if the family doesn't have the funds to add space for toddler stuff or move, that is if the family is no money cheat. If I don't mind using the money cheat, the family will get a surprise windfall (a lotto win, an inheritance from a distant but beloved relative, etc). I really don't like the baby stage and I play on long lifespan.
  • Options
    PatiPatouPatiPatou Posts: 46 Member
    Age them up
    I usually wait until the bonding bar it's full to age them up. They are boring and after the first time it becomes quite repetitive IMO.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Let them age naturally
    1. Babies are only with us for a short while, anyway.
    2. It gives my sims extra time to gain parenting skill.
    3. They're so much easier to care for than toddlers, so I enjoy the relaxed time while I can.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top