Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are most vet clinic employees evil or mean?

I have just started a premium vet clinic, and I am looking for employees to hire. I am always checking what traits potential vets have before I decide if I should hire them, and I found a majority of them are evil or mean or even both. Or lazy or childish. None that I would hire in a real life vet clinic. I am not so picky that a sim needs to have only the perfect traits, but I am surely not going to let someone who is evil or mean take care of sick pets! Is this a bug or is this how the game is written??

Comments

• Options
    itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    That's terrible. I've found exactly the opposite to be the case in my life time. Vets in fact have a lower rate of evilness than the average human!
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    itslouis wrote: »
    That's terrible. I've found exactly the opposite to be the case in my life time. Vets in fact have a lower rate of evilness than the average human!

I can imagine you need to have some kindness in you to want to cure pets! Thats what I am looking for in my employees. I have literally deleted all candidates to refresh the list so often it got tedious. But I kept getting across new evil and mean ones.
  • Options
    Prix2006Prix2006 Posts: 12 New Member
    I agree, 3 sims I've hired have been evil, mean or gloomy. Plus I just fired one that was a slob. It was sad cause he was a really good employee except that he kept digging through all the trash cans and making trash messes everywhere. I got tired of cleaning so much and just fired him.

I do have a question though...Is there a way to craft more than one treat at a time? I've tried at my clinic and at home and I always only make one treat and I'm at level 8 vet skill. I thought I saw someone post once that you can make more than one at a time, is this true? Or is there a cheat? I can't get my machine stocked at the clinic because there's just so much to do that I never have time to craft and put more than 2 treats in the machine each day.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i just figured employees are always generated with a negative trait. my restaurant employees always have the mean trait.
    but maybe it is a bug or just bad luck.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    i just figured employees are always generated with a negative trait. my restaurant employees always have the mean trait. but maybe it is a bug or just bad luck.

It's not necessarily always but I found that the ones that do NOT have a negative trait are exceptions. I get that we don't get to choose from 6 supersims, but this isn't very realistic either!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I would like to ask if people who also have this issue could reply / me-too my topic in the EA HQ, so we can get the devs to check it out!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Possible-employees-nearly-always-have-negative-traits/m-p/6602729
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    If you want, find the candidates in Manage Households, enter the CAS full edit cheat, and modify their negative traits.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    ChelsieChelsie Posts: 1 New Member
    I can’t seem to find my vet clinic if I want to visit it? If I placed one in a city how do I hire vets to work at it?