Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• Options
    BlueRhoseBlueRhose Posts: 4 New Member
    I just got Vintage Glamour and my vanity table doesn't work. It only has the mirror interaction and none of the make up interactions. UGH!
  • Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    BlueRhose wrote: »
    I just got Vintage Glamour and my vanity table doesn't work. It only has the mirror interaction and none of the make up interactions. UGH!

That's odd. Mine has makeup interactions.
  • Options
    BTGBBBTGBB Posts: 3 New Member
    Pretty much bug for me. The rest I can cope with and hopefully wait to be patched up but this one is a huge issue for me

BUT

Please tell me someone has a solution for why my families have suddenly stopped saving to my library. I save them, they look to appear there. Then I leave and come back to the game. They're either missing entirely, X'd out, have several family members missing and completely inaccessible.

As someone who puts a lot of effort into the creation side, it's so annoying to think I can safeproof my families incase of accidental death or even wanting to start afresh with the same characters.

The problems only seem to have started in the last week. Maybe coinciding with my purchase of Dine Out. On PS4 here.
  • Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Another bug I'm having is deleting items which doesn't work half the time.
    I'll have to put the item down reclick to hold and press Y. If it does work.
    Also there's a bug with prepping food? My Sims keeps prepping it inside the microwave lol.
    [
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    GymJunkie wrote: »
    Glitch 16: in the family aspirations, where it's supposed to say 0/2 for how many hours you've read to your kid, mine says I'm currently at -17/2

I had that happen with the mentor in music.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    One bug that constantly irritates me is when I'm texturing the interior/exterior of a house, I have selected "Do Entire Room" yet the moment I texture the wall, it textures both inside AND outside, even if there's a roof on top.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    BazyliBazyli Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, I used rejuvenate potion, but nothing happened. My sim is as old as he was before. Is it general bug, or sth is wrong with my version?
  • Options
    [quote="Bazyli;c-16280834"]Hi, I used rejuvenate potion, but nothing happened. My sim is as old as he was before. Is it general bug, or sth is wrong with my version?[/quote]

I've just figured it out. I have to drink it from my inventory
  • Options
    plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    > @BTGBB said:
    > Please tell me someone has a solution for why my families have suddenly stopped saving to my library. I save them, they look to appear there. Then I leave and come back to the game. They're either missing entirely, X'd out, have several family members missing and completely inaccessible.
    > As someone who puts a lot of effort into the creation side, it's so annoying to think I can safeproof my families incase of accidental death or even wanting to start afresh with the same characters.
    > The problems only seem to have started in the last week. Maybe coinciding with my purchase of Dine Out. On PS4 here.

I can also attest to this. I began playing on PS4 in early January, downloading the latest patch before starting any new save files. Aside from the occasional bug or two, I really had no real issue with gameplay until suddenly my library refused to save households & lots properly. Proper saves appear to have saved until I exit the game & reload, after which they are either corrupted or gone entirely. Also, I have several corrupted saves with blue, glitched out screens that won't disappear no matter how many times I delete them. Just before this I'd experience crashing after saving multiple households to the library then attempting to perform any action that involves loading. I have no DLC & have deleted & reinstalled the application data twice, but to no avail.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I encountered a strange thing last night that I can't explain.

I had my newly-married lesbian couple (Miyuki and Kelly) move in with Miyuki's parents. When I tried to create Miyuki's & Kelly's child using Genetics from the "Create Sim" screen, I select Kelly and it says the only other parent to use is Miyuki's mother. I select Miyuki and it says "There's no other parents in this household". I have never encountered this before.

The only reason I can see it doing this is that Miyuki and her mother have the same hair-style.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Does anyone know what the “discourage” interaction means when you’re at at the gym? I’ve used it and it seems to build relationships fast... but discourage doesn’t mean a good thing i though? Not in English anyways lol. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the “discourage” interaction means when you’re at at the gym? I’ve used it and it seems to build relationships fast... but discourage doesn’t mean a good thing i though? Not in English anyways lol. Is this a bug?

Never even seen that interaction
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member

I have seen it but don't really know how it works. I thought maybe it is for the other sim to stop exercising, but didn't try it. I tend to only use the positive interactions.
  • Options
    > @rekandtrs said:
    > Does anyone know what the “discourage” interaction means when you’re at at the gym? I’ve used it and it seems to build relationships fast... but discourage doesn’t mean a good thing i though? Not in English anyways lol. Is this a bug?

I also saw that interaction but to afraid to use it since I try to keep my Sims stay friendly with others. I would make other sims lose confident in their workout?
    [
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Im thinking the idea was to discourage low fitness skill sims from using gym equipment that they don't know how to properly use.

But the sims really arent that advanced so im pretty sure its meaningless.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    It made my sim gain quick friendship with people at the gym that’s why i was confused lol
  • Options
    [quote="plus1Diamond;c-16283295"]> @BTGBB said:
    > Please tell me someone has a solution for why my families have suddenly stopped saving to my library. I save them, they look to appear there. Then I leave and come back to the game. They're either missing entirely, X'd out, have several family members missing and completely inaccessible.
    > As someone who puts a lot of effort into the creation side, it's so annoying to think I can safeproof my families incase of accidental death or even wanting to start afresh with the same characters.
    > The problems only seem to have started in the last week. Maybe coinciding with my purchase of Dine Out. On PS4 here.

I can also attest to this. I began playing on PS4 in early January, downloading the latest patch before starting any new save files. Aside from the occasional bug or two, I really had no real issue with gameplay until suddenly my library refused to save households & lots properly. Proper saves appear to have saved until I exit the game & reload, after which they are either corrupted or gone entirely. Also, I have several corrupted saves with blue, glitched out screens that won't disappear no matter how many times I delete them. Just before this I'd experience crashing after saving multiple households to the library then attempting to perform any action that involves loading. I have no DLC & have deleted & reinstalled the application data twice, but to no avail.[/quote]

I have this too, I can't save anything to the library anymore. Sims or houses, and as someone who likes to build it makes me kinda sad that I can't keep anything I make...
  • Options
    Hi, I have problem with my fish collection. I framed them but I can't hang them on the wall. The only option is rename. I'm using PS4. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    I don't believe this is a bug just a weird system thing but, does anyone find it odd and creepy that you could have a relationship with step kids.
    I really wish it wasn't a thing.
    [
  • Options
    Sipop wrote: »
    I don't believe this is a bug just a weird system thing but, does anyone find it odd and creepy that you could have a relationship with step kids.
    That’s odd. That should definitely be fixed. I wouldn’t want my sims husband romancing the step daughter. I didn’t know that was a thing... yuck
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    That’s odd. That should definitely be fixed. I wouldn’t want my sims husband romancing the step daughter. I didn’t know that was a thing... yuck
    That is still a thing in the PC version to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

It still happens in the PC version. The game does not really recognize relationships other than direct ones like father, mother, sister, or brother.
  • Options
    How odd that EA hasn’t addressed this at all... i wonder what their reasoning behind this is... in laws i can understand in real life some people leave their spouses for the brother in law or sister in law :D . But step children is odd....
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I also notice with City Living when visiting other areas the main squares are clutter with food vendors in one spot, sometimes overlapping the decorations.Has anyone ever had that issue? It's not a big deal but sometimes I'll load to other places and be like
    "holy cow theres a lot happening right now." baha.
    And yeah the whole step kids having relationships with other siblings creeps me out so much, i decided to just use "cas.fulleditmode"
    then changed their relationship to sister/brother instead of it being on roommate.
    [
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I went to the Geekcon festival and I noticed that one of the park benches was on top of a gaming mat, so I couldn't use it for playing. Also there was a food stall overlapping another food stall. I don't remember ever seeing that before.

Another very annoying thing is that nearly always, when I want to order food from the vendor, they close the stall and go stand at the back, just doing nothing. Then I have to wait until they decide to come back.