Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Intriguing object description. Witches? Druids? D&D?

Comments

• Options
    killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    As I said on the "What is Next for Sims 4?" topic:

I am pretty sure that we will get Witches this year, because on the one hand a few (though very few) descriptions of some items in Laundry Stuff indicate magic, and on the other hand because magic is in every generation with a release distance of 3 up to 4 years to the base game.

Sims 1 Base Game: February 4th, 2000
    Makin 'Magic: October 29, 2003

Sims 2 Base Game: September 14, 2004
    Apartment Life: 27th August 2008

Sims 3 Base Game: June 2nd, 2009
    Supernatural: September 4th, 2012

Sims 4 Base Game: September 2nd, 2014
    (Vampires: January 24, 2017)

In addition, the devs know that many players want magic and witches. I don't think that they won't pick up such a present theme in Sims 4. Magic belongs to the Sims like the butter on the bread.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    As I said on the "What is Next for Sims 4?" topic:

I am pretty sure that we will get Witches this year, because on the one hand a few (though very few) descriptions of some items in Laundry Stuff indicate magic, and on the other hand because magic is in every generation with a release distance of 3 up to 4 years to the base game.

Sims 1 Base Game: February 4th, 2000
    Makin 'Magic: October 29, 2003

Sims 2 Base Game: September 14, 2004
    Apartment Life: 27th August 2008

Sims 3 Base Game: June 2nd, 2009
    Supernatural: September 4th, 2012

Sims 4 Base Game: September 2nd, 2014
    (Vampires: January 24, 2017)

In addition, the devs know that many players want magic and witches. I don't think that they won't pick up such a present theme in Sims 4. Magic belongs to the Sims like the butter on the bread.

It will probably/maybe/hopefully be the GP after this one we are getting in a couple of months. I am not even a massive fan of supernatural but magic and specifically witches are closely related with potions and spells therefore cooking, gardening, and collections (three of my favourite thing in TS4) and that gets me excited!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I won't get hyped up, but I'd love for a new magic pack to come out! (praying that they bring alchemy back- it was one of my favorite skills in Sims 3). At the same time, this could be a hint to a feature in upcoming tropical pack.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I won't get hyped up, but I'd love for a new magic pack to come out! (praying that they bring alchemy back- it was one of my favorite skills in Sims 3). At the same time, this could be a hint to a feature in upcoming tropical pack.

With lots of new herbs and other harvestables :D herbalism needs more love
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure hope not we only get 2 game packs a year exploring is bad enough I don't want the second to be supernatural we just got 1 last year game packs need to expand on the game not just keep introducing supernaturals.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    seems like it's my thing to crush all these 'omg we're getting druid' dreams for people, but i'll link the exact same thing i did in two previous threads: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31579

the item is a reference to an item from the original everquest game, which simguru graham and a fair few of the older simmers have played at some point in our past
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    seems like it's my thing to crush all these 'omg we're getting druid' dreams for people, but i'll link the exact same thing i did in two previous threads: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31579

the item is a reference to an item from the original everquest game, which simguru graham and a fair few of the older simmers have played at some point in our past

it does not mean its not also a hint
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm pretty sure one of the gurus involved in writing item descriptions has said the descriptions themselves will never hint at upcoming content. items themselves potentially will, descriptions never will. (though they will tease us with things, like our desire for seasons)
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure one of the gurus involved in writing item descriptions has said the descriptions themselves will never hint at upcoming content. items themselves potentially will, descriptions never will. (though they will tease us with things, like our desire for seasons)

There is a Mirror in the Base game that, according to the Description, smells like garlic and scares away vampires, and therefore is twice effective as it detects them and scares them away.
    We got Vampires with no reflection and Garlic Scent as a weakness.
    Enough said?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited January 2018
    Armilus616 wrote: »

There is a Mirror in the Base game that, according to the Description, smells like garlic and scares away vampires, and therefore is twice effective as it detects them and scares them away.
    Enough said?

But does that mirror actually work?

Plus if that's a base game mirror, then it took 3 years for vampires to finally appear. If it was ever a hint to anything, it was a clear stretch from the start.

I mean this is the perfect subforum to discuss and speculate on what's coming after all, but hate to break it to you that most hints inevitably end in disappointment.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You guys are definitely getting your hopes up here.

and whats the problem? when we criticise this game yall say we're being too negative, when we are excited for something new you say we're "getting our hopes up" i honestly dont get this forum.

So my speculation saying that I think this is nothing isn't as important?

How about when people were speculating and going crazy that Rain was coming in a patch with cats and dogs because there were puddles by a BEACH and a Gloomy cat?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

Enough said?

And yet the Mirror doesn't even scare off vampires.

It's not a hint, and that's a stretch lol.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Also there’s that wicker rug that mentions the date of August 16th 2032 and then it asks what does it foresee or something like that. Too bad August 16th is a Thursday.

Too bad August 16th 2032 is a monday and 14 years away.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    I typed 8 16 32 backward and it became 23 618.
    Maybe the date is 23 6 18. I'm a European. We read Day, Month, Year.
    So it would be the 23rd of June this year. Unless the 2032 date is referring to Sims 5.

It could just be a random date for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and giggles with no meaning whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Enough said?

The decorative hampers from the base game or other packs weren't patched to be functional either.
    Not that I consider them hints. Here, we have proof they aren't.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Enough said?

The decorative hampers from the base game or other packs weren't patched to be functional either.

That's actually a perfect example though. We had tons of laundry hampers and stuff, one could say they were hints, but then it turns out they had no intentions of doing a laundry pack until we voted for it. Everyone in these forums wants to take every little thing as a hint, and 99% of the time they never come to any fruition.

Nothing wrong with speculation, but man do people get their hopes up.
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2018

Enough said?

That's actually a perfect example though. We had tons of laundry hampers and stuff, one could say they were hints, but then it turns out they had no intentions of doing a laundry pack until we voted for it. Everyone in these forums wants to take every little thing as a hint, and 99% of the time they never come to any fruition.

Nothing wrong with speculation, but man do people get their hopes up.

At least it's something to talk about. EA gives us little scraps of info here & there, making communication seem almost non-existent. Would be nice if instead of these teasers, they would actually talk about what to expect in the upcoming packs. This rule of not being allowed to talk about stuff before the quarter, is just tiring and has the opposite effect of what they're trying to accomplish.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

Enough said?

This bugs me actually lmao not that they arent hints but that there are purely decorative laundry hampers in a world where functional ones exist. Like who has laundry hampers they keep around to look at?
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

Enough said?

Lmao both of those things are stereotypical qualitys of vampires. No reflection and a severe allergy to garlic. That doesn't mean it was a hint for vampires.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I shouldn't have opened that thread, because now I'm dreaming (again) about a Tabletop gaming SP. Sims playing classic dice games, wargames or D&D would be a nice addition. All they needed to code is a dice rolling animation, the rest boils down to different clutter items. Plus they could throw in an MMO where the sims found clans that compete against each other (using existing computer gaming animations, the gaming tournament and social network structures).
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    This video made me very happy - until I saw that it is already 9 months old. So, is this "discovery" still relevant?

• Options
    Kuroi wrote: »
    This video made me very happy - until I saw that it is already 9 months old. So, is this "discovery" still relevant?

I checked today. the outfit category still exists. And if S4S displays it, it is in the game code. This is how the community figured out that ear parts, fur parts and tail parts are added long before Cats and Dogs was announced. There was some debate if this was Pets or Werewolves, even though the code that makes the game able to tell a cat and a dog and a sim apart from each other was already discovered.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member

im a custom content creator and this witch thing has been on s4s for a really long time now. i dont really know why it is there but apparently it came with the 2015 spooky stuff update.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Generally, while I would LOVE new occults/magic in TS4, I can't rely on object descriptions and such for the hope that something maybe coming, bc I will inevitably become bummed out from waiting and hoping too long and would make me disappointed. My only real bargain for the hope that new exciting things are coming is if someone finds some plumming evidence within the game's own code long before it's official release.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png