Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC not showing up in BodyShop

cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
Hiya!
So I reinstalled over Christmas and just finished a MASSIVE (over 13000 downloads many with recolors probs ~30000-50000+ individual files) and am now in the process of going through and deleting what looked pretty in the pictures but that I don't really want/need.
I extracted all the zips to separate folders for organization, so what I am doing is put about 30 folders into Downloads at a time and viewing them in bodyshop so I dont have to launch the game over and over. But I am finding with each batch I'm testing about 1/3 of the folders doesn't show up in bodyshop. But when I look everything has their meshes. So I now have 2 folders called Keep and NotWorking because it's every batch. It is all types from hair to lipstick.
The only consistency is many of the folders I've placed in NotWorking have very long names ie [Cynicocratical] Betta Splenders (Converse +Panties; Fansee Undies in Pooklet Neons) or [Gimme all your lovin] Dip-dye recolors of Trapping's edit of Newsea Nightbloom but then there is also a lot shorter ones like [BlackSims] AM_kawaii_tops.
I currently have 18 folders in my NotWorking, and 12,870 more to test so naturally I would like to figure this out before I get too far in. I guess the good news is so far 405 folders have worked (made it into Keep) so 405 compared to 18 is pretty good if you think about it.
But I still have no idea why some things are just not showing up at all.

Also, a handful of them are showing up like they don't have a mesh when they do, but I forgot to separate those from the ones that aren't showing up at all so I'm not actually sure which of the 18 those are atm. All I know is EVERYTHING has the meshes, so I cant figure out what is going wrong.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    Download overload. I would not have done as you have done. I would do a few at a time, open bodyshop to check they are there, and then add a few more. Bodyshop as you know has to be completely closed when installing custom content. Some of those old sites you have to pay real close attention to such as NewSeas old site etc. They don't all have a mesh or a recolor. I normally limit myself to checking out ten or less new outfits at a time, since some can have problems no matter where you got them. I advise you start over with fewer to check per session. That is my best advice. Too much too check can lead to bad cc getting through. Just because things have well known names on them doesn't mean it's always good cc. There can be errors and or problems with a mesh or recolor let alone something missing.

ETA: And in the future for anyone else who runs into someting not showing up in game. Some mods/hacks will not work in a subfolder. It's rare but it does happen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    And keep in mind that anything that would be sorted into the Jewelry category won't show in Body Shop as it was never updated for Bon Voyage.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Cinebar so doing about 30 folders at a time is too much? Would they not show up in game either? I definitely would not attempt to test all 13,000 at once which is why I've broken it up into batches of 30. I put in about 30 folders, test, then take them back out and put 30 new ones. Is that still too many?
    And I am certain they have meshes. I only downloaded things that included the mesh because I'm lazy. But either way things like lipstick don't have meshes and quite a few of Lilith's lipsticks from Advents and TBTO's have not showed up. So maybe you're right that I'm just testing too much at once.