Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All packs prices increased by on many countries

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,276 Member
    In Germany stuff packs have cost 9.99 € since the first one was released.
  • Options
    MaereyMaerey Posts: 1 New Member
    I just realized that i always paid that much for the games since release.

Prices in my country since release:
    basegame: 40€ = £35 = $48
    EP: 40€ = £35 = $48
    GP: 20€ = £17,7 = $24
    SP: 10€ = £8,8 = $12

I'm glad that they didn't raise the prices here too.
    I always thought that the games were too expensive.

(Sry for my bad english)
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    A new year... the same old EA greedy.
  • Options
    TutanoTutano Posts: 61 Member
    So, in Brazil, all packs, game packs and expansions will cost R$1450,00 (without the base game price).

60% of Brazilian workers earn less than this per month.*

R$1450,00/36months( since the first pack release) = R$40,00 per month. THIS IS TOO MUCH! This game doesn't worth it.

Today, i'm unistalling my THE SIMS4.

*https://www.nexojornal.com.br/interativo/2016/01/11/O-seu-salário-diante-da-realidade-brasileira
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    When Cats and Dogs came out, I bought a code from cdkeys.com because I wasn't convinced that the content would be worth the full price of £34.99 (verdict: it wasn't. Glad I got a discount).

I thought that would be a one-off but seeing it's the new permanent price, I can't justify buying other packs at full price in future. Especially not EPs, which are now close to the price I would have paid for the base game. The GP and SP output so far has outstripped each of the EPs and they're really not worth the money. Shame EPs are the only way to get new worlds...
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I can still Get all stuff pack for £7.99 and that in the UK
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I doubt EA will Change the prices because they just wanted too. I know EA is a greedy corporation, but I doubt they change this just because they wanted to. There must be an economic explanation in this price change.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    the pets ep is costing 129 brl here, which is 40 dollars. in the past an ep would cost 80 brl which is 24 dollars, it was not fair for the US players who had to pay more for it, but its also not fair that an EP cost as much as a brand new AAA game, specially when the product is dull and boring ;)
  • Options
    LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2018
    I went to go buy the new laundry pack, saw the price change and changed my mind. I'll wait for a sale from now on. I only bought them because it was only $10... they just aren't worth $13, and the expansion packs, besides Get to Work, have all been a huge disappointment to me, are not worth $52.... I can't justify picking these games up as soon as they release any more.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I doubt EA will Change the prices because they just wanted too. I know EA is a greedy corporation, but I doubt they change this just because they wanted to. There must be an economic explanation in this price change.

maybe theyre going bankrupt? :#
  • Options
    LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2018
    Eh, you can't really define "corporation" without using the word "greed" anyway, so waving your pitchforks around raging on and on about specifically EA doing this seems a little counter-intuitive I would say.

I hate to be the one to play captain obvious around here, but the only way to work around this is to spend your money wisely. Unless sales for ts4 content drops immensely (and I mean immensely), I think it's safe to say they won't be doing anything to lower the current price. So choose carefully. Read every content-related article about the packs you can get your hands on. Then mull over thoroughly whether you yourself want it bad enough for you to blow your budget on it. Take a whole year doing just that if need be - you have all the time in the world. In the end, the responsibility of your money is on you alone, and no one else's.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I was going to buy the Laundry pack today, until I saw the price and thought "hang on, why is it more than other Stuff Packs?". Then I came here and saw this :( Even at the previous prices, I often felt like the packs were overpriced for the content/quality and would wait for sales. The new prices are ridiculous.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited January 2018
    honestly the price of an ep i could spend 20 more dollars and get some games for my switch. i could even get the dlcs of zelda breathe of the wild which im gonna do with the money i was gonna spend on the laundry stuff pack.i would get mass effect or dragon age but ea turned their back on one of the most successful consoles over some bad blood to me having it increase on something that is a beloved series its like a middle finger to faithful costumer or a spit in the face to me. like the prices are outrageous more so the amount of content you get. like stuff in the sims 3 store didn't cost this much unless you're getting a world and as someone above said some people don't make that much money and it cost more then they have. the sims are escape from reality to some people and ea is taking that away if they wanted more for their game. there's no motherlode in real life if there was i would be using it repeatedly lol :D
    Post edited by LadyTachunka on
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Have they changed for all the countries listed yet? The prices here in Sweden looks the same as always for me still.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Prices are going up in general though - cost of food, etc.

We are all eventually doomed.

EA could cut costs by outsourcing to India/China though - ie effectively do what the clothing/call centre, etc industries do. People in poorer countries can create a content - it's not something that is tied to Western-only skills.

A non-professional Simmer can create content for The Sims 4 and hand it over for free on a modding site. Some people will even argue that some CC creators produce higher quality end-products than EA.

What makes EA's own content stand out is access to the integration of a dynamic object. The logic of it is simple enough - any half-wit could add locks to doors or change EA's woeful door knock sound with an actual doorbell sound that a Simmer can actually hear and think 'Someone is visiting my Sim'.

YAY let's send more US jobs to India\China....ummm NO. Our economy is already struggling due to outsourcing.

I rather pay more money than see that happen.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I had to pay 9.99 for laundry... I used to pay 6.99 which actually sounds reasonable for the quality of SPs
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2018
    For a long time we were paying the same face price in Canada as in the US, but $10 US for an SP is almost $12.50 Canadian. I guess it's no surprise that someone finally noticed and raised our price from $10 Canadian for an SP to $13.

in the us it is 10.80
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    Tutano wrote: »
    So, in Brazil, all packs, game packs and expansions will cost R$1450,00 (without the base game price).

60% of Brazilian workers earn less than this per month.*

R$1450,00/36months( since the first pack release) = R$40,00 per month. THIS IS TOO MUCH! This game doesn't worth it.

Today, i'm unistalling my THE SIMS4.

*https://www.nexojornal.com.br/interativo/2016/01/11/O-seu-salário-diante-da-realidade-brasileira

That's your choice, but once you own a game it's yours forever so uninstalling it is just wasting money you already spent on the game, isn't it? This isn't a game that becomes unplayable if you aren't able to purchase the next add on.
  • Options
    FincheloveFinchelove Posts: 33 Member
    Is this true? Because I just bought Laundry Stuff on Origin and the prices are still the same. I'm from Italy and here stuff packs usually cost 10€
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Finchelove you will at somepoint it's on the list of countries that are facing the price change like mine ((Canada)) which went effect yesterday
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    OceanSparklesOceanSparkles Posts: 1 New Member
    Here in Russia our minimum wage is 137$ per month (De jure. In reality, wages are often lower). The average wage of a doctor ≈357$ per month. "Cats and dogs" costs 27$, it is 20% of our minimum wage! That's why a LOT of people here don't buy EA products and download games for free. We don't want to pay CEOs and managers whose "work" is useless.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    What economic reason?
    It is digital download, then no additional shipping cost

Also, if talk about exchange, then should lower prices at some countries, specially ones like Argentina where USD/ARS increased so much

Per example, when i bought Get Together, it was at my local money about ARS 256
    GP06 when will come at February will cost to me about ARS 380 (with exchange increase but also EA increase)
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I can understand why it’s happened, the market rises and falls and a company needs to make a profit, you spend months creating packs and sell them for less than what will make money and you’re asking for trouble financially. I don’t like this either but it’s happening so more reason to hang on until sales or buy them somewhere else for a better price.

I’m angry as the next simmer, but I’m also accepting that as time goes on prices will rise and or fall, so it’s back to adding sims to Christmas present lists and waiting for the summer sale
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I live in Canada, and honestly? I’ve been expecting this. Something like this happened with video games a couple of years ago, and a lot of games got like $20 more expensive one day.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I live in Brazil... I'm only buying packs discounted to half the price now. Thankfully I bought all the other packs when they had the lower price. I know a lot of people waited for discounts to buy the packs and I'll do that now. The price to get all the packs is insane now, and more will come, so it's no surprise that people are mad and some are abandoning the franchise. I can have fun with the packs I already own, but if I'm not I can go back to The Sims 3 or play other games!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top