Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day Stuff Trailer!

Comments

• Options
    DesmondKevanDesmondKevan Posts: 33 Member
    Loved the trailer. It was hilarious!!
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    I thought we were getting solar panels and wind mills with it ? get not sad looking forwards to having this thing in the pack too
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »

I loved the trailer too, even though I think whoever made it was like I can’t believe this so let’s make it even more ridiculous lol . I mean...

...it’s laundry after all, so dirty clothes

That's exactly how I read it. It was a good-natured (I hope) poke at the community for sure. :D

Yeah , I don’t even blame them at this point lol. I’m really really REALLY trying to understand why people wanted this feature to a point they would pay for it. I mean it won, nothing to do there, but I truly don’t understand why. I mean we ask for such cool features sometimes and when we ar given the choice of picking sometime we chose ... laundry. It could have been a patch. Good thing CAS and Objects were the ones I actually voted for

I agree. Let's be honest it won because it was up against a lot of unknown concepts and it split the vote multiple ways. It was always going to win unless it went up against a bigger wanted feature.

But anyway I digress. Some of the cas items look nice but I can't justify nearly £10 on cas items. The machines themselves look good but its a chore. Literally we are paying for housework many of us do for free. I can't understand why people are happy to pay for laundry and I really can't understand they mindset of "I don't want it but ill buy it anyway" But to each their own. I have a gift voucher so if I were to get it would come off that but it doesn't look interesting enough to use for that.

It’s cheap so I won’t lose my sleep over it.

Wanna buy a pebble I found in my shoe? Don't worry it's cheap, it's only $10.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you get out of trying to ruin other peoples excitement and convince them that the sims 4 is the worst game ever? Its obvious you don't like sims 4, and you honestly never will. But cant you just let people be excited for a pack without insulting them?

"It's cheap anyways" is an abysmally terrible argument and it's the exact reason why Sims 4 is subjected to Stuff Pack spam: because they figured out people repeatedly tell themselves "it's just $10" and buy it whereas EPs are held to a higher standard and more scrutiny. Tomorrow they could release "The Sims 4: Dental Floss Stuff" and people would still buy it and say "oh well it's just ten dollars."

If someone's lone defense of the pack is "it's cheap anyways," then I think that speaks volumes about the quality of these packs...or lack thereof. As I said, I could sell you anything from a cheaply made hamburger that gives you food poisoning to a pet rock to a piece of string. In all of those cases you can argue "oh well it was cheap so who cares," but that does not mean any of those were actually good products. Here it's even more painful because the purchasing habits of today determine the quality of the product tomorrow, but this entire stuff pack model is being kept afloat and kept as a centerstage seller for the Sims 4 on nothing but the argument of "it's cheap so I won't lose sleep over it."

I would struggle to name a single user on this forum that has not been disappointed by the Sims 4 or a Sims 4 pack at some point in time....and yet in that same light, I also struggle to name users that don't blindly purchase every pack. Spoiler alert: the two are connected, and if we want better quality or more bang for our buck, it's time to stop squealing over every single mundane pack and acting like it's super exciting.

On that note, serious question now: What are ANY of you picturing doing with this pack? I mean in the past a stuff pack like Bowling Stuff for example, I can at least see how someone might convince themselves it'll keep them busy or add something to their gameplay. Laundry though...? This offers absolutely nothing. All it offers is about 0.6% more immersion to your gameplay. This game has enough simulation for simulation's sake, but it's severely lacking in gameplay. Heck, I can actually see people regretting their purchase because depending on how the feature was implemented, purchasing it might mean subjecting yourself to a really obnoxious and tedious chore that demands far too much attention. I mean lord knows the Sims team has a bad habit of over-stressing new features and doing everything they can to try and push players in the direction of new stuff, so it's absolutely within the realm of possibility that laundry might demand it be done too frequently and annoy players.

Oh yeah and inb4 your reward for doing laundry and wearing clean laundry is yet another happy moodlet. Lord knows we sure don't have enough of those yet! Could go on another rant about how they insist on propping up that moods system and trying to act like it's more intensive or interesting than it actually is, but that's another story....

Theres a BIG difference between saying something is cheap that will at least provide you with entertainment, and a pebble in your shoe. Thats apples to oranges.

I'm getting really tired of people complaining about Laundry. It literally won the vote, its not like EA just pulled it out of nowhere. Don't go trying to say the vote was a sham either, because it wasn't.

I've said why I enjoy Laundry dozens of times before but I'd be happy to say it again.

I play sims for story telling. Laundry is great for that. Starting out poor and hand washing clothes, to affording a decent machine, all the way to hiring a maid to do it for you.

You CANNOT enjoy luxuries without chores to offset it, otherwise they wouldnt be luxuries. Why we do we fantasize about being rich in the first place? Because the rich can do whatever they want for the most part and live a life of luxury.

The biggest reason though is because this game can be too easy. I actually downloaded a mod for vampires that makes their energy drain, so now they actually have to sleep 8 hours during the day, which makes the energy saving traits actually useful.

Same reason I want Laundry. I want my single parents or stay at home mothers to actually struggle. Taking care of twins while trying to find time to clean the dishes or mop the house, or do a load of laundry. It feels rewarding when they become teenagers and are actually capable of taking care of themselves.

People complain about laundry being an annoying chore, but so is doing dishes. Should we get rid of the dishes?

You also shouldnt be overly concerned about what other people do with their wallets. People will always waste money on silly things they dont want. That is why mobile gaming relies on micro transactions. People spend hundreds of dollars on silly games like Pokemon go.

Thr stuff packs are actually a pretty good deal. They come with just as much, sometimes more stuff than their sims 3 counter parts, with the bonus of 1-5 gameplay objects per pack, for half the price of sims 3. Theres no denying they are a better deal than sims 3 or even 2 stuff packs.

The issue many people might have is that there are so many compared to expansion or game packs, which is fair, but they have different teams.

I can respect all that.
    Though "Story telling" is not the same for me as for you, obviously.

That said I have never met a person so poor they had to hand wash clothes unless they were actually homeless. On the other hand we barely have any stay at home parents either. Different cultures, I know.
    Anyway I will probably get this for the other stuff. My biggest disappointment is that virtually everything interesting with the premise of this pack was removed. To me it's like voting on what meal to get, voting for the lobster with a peach cobbler desert and when it arrives having the waiter say "oh the lobster? We removed that from the menu. But since you voted for a peach cobbler, here it is".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    OMG IM SO EXCITED stuff packs are the best idea ever! 10$ for ice cream? check. Laundry? check. Hot tub? check. Supposedly romantic shrubs? check. 4 objects with little animation and gameplay for 40$? Why don't the other companies learn from EA!
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I like the idea of a laundry room in my Sims houses but unless it gives a huge bonus, I can't imagine that it's going to be worth spending money to just get one more things that Sims have to do (is there a negative to NOT doing laundry?).

Maybe if it gets on sale. Maybe.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    OMG IM SO EXCITED stuff packs are the best idea ever! 10$ for ice cream? check. Laundry? check. Hot tub? check. Supposedly romantic shrubs? check. 4 objects with little animation and gameplay for 40$? Why don't the other companies learn from EA!

Sure, if you're purchasing for Laundry only it's $10. I on the other hand purchase stuff packs not only for the game play, but for all the wonderful new CAS and Build/Buy items.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Is no one else bothered by the fact that the washer/drier doors open by themselves? I mean I wish sims would open them with one hand and put the clothes with the other.

Yes it's the first thing that bothered me. Like I always say it's little details like that who make the game feel immersive but apparently for TS4 it's really not the case. Same for dishwasher.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    If in the real life I say to someone that I payed 10$ for laundry I don't know how they'll react...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    So I assume the Eco Stuff pack is next? Since this obviously isn't it nor what was voted for.

Afraid to tell you, but it's exactly what people voted for, from the moment they mentioned laundry in the original write up for the eco living theme.

So you're saying people are so enamored by adding more chores that they would have voted for anything with laundry in it?
    Well... I guess my taste runs 180 degrees against the majority then.

Pretty much yes, seriously, when people were talking about the themes, a huge group of people instantly mentioned laundry as a reason they were voting for the eco living theme. I remember, because at first I haven't even noticed it in the write up and it shocked me how many people were into it.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

I loved the trailer too, even though I think whoever made it was like I can’t believe this so let’s make it even more ridiculous lol . I mean...

That's exactly how I read it. It was a good-natured (I hope) poke at the community for sure. :D

Yeah , I don’t even blame them at this point lol. I’m really really REALLY trying to understand why people wanted this feature to a point they would pay for it. I mean it won, nothing to do there, but I truly don’t understand why. I mean we ask for such cool features sometimes and when we ar given the choice of picking sometime we chose ... laundry. It could have been a patch. Good thing CAS and Objects were the ones I actually voted for

I agree. Let's be honest it won because it was up against a lot of unknown concepts and it split the vote multiple ways. It was always going to win unless it went up against a bigger wanted feature.

But anyway I digress. Some of the cas items look nice but I can't justify nearly £10 on cas items. The machines themselves look good but its a chore. Literally we are paying for housework many of us do for free. I can't understand why people are happy to pay for laundry and I really can't understand they mindset of "I don't want it but ill buy it anyway" But to each their own. I have a gift voucher so if I were to get it would come off that but it doesn't look interesting enough to use for that.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you get out of trying to ruin other peoples excitement and convince them that the sims 4 is the worst game ever? Its obvious you don't like sims 4, and you honestly never will. But cant you just let people be excited for a pack without insulting them?

I don't think he's trying to ruin the excitement for those genuinely excited and looking forward to the pack. I believe he's speaking to those who express major disappointment but then turn around and buy it anyway. Those who justify buying because it's only $10. Those who are forever complaining about the game but still buy every release hoping it will get better for them.

No, he's basically been insulting everyone who does get excited about the game and acting as if they only pretend they like it, because he's convinced that everyone must agree with his hate of the game. And has shown how angry he is with those of us who do like the game, because he thinks that cause we don't complain, that that'll ruin the game for him.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Do you know how much laundry I could do with $10?
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Im actually mad at myself for wanting to buy this pack...

-Yarden.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

"It's cheap anyways" is an abysmally terrible argument and it's the exact reason why Sims 4 is subjected to Stuff Pack spam: because they figured out people repeatedly tell themselves "it's just $10" and buy it whereas EPs are held to a higher standard and more scrutiny. Tomorrow they could release "The Sims 4: Dental Floss Stuff" and people would still buy it and say "oh well it's just ten dollars."

If someone's lone defense of the pack is "it's cheap anyways," then I think that speaks volumes about the quality of these packs...or lack thereof. As I said, I could sell you anything from a cheaply made hamburger that gives you food poisoning to a pet rock to a piece of string. In all of those cases you can argue "oh well it was cheap so who cares," but that does not mean any of those were actually good products. Here it's even more painful because the purchasing habits of today determine the quality of the product tomorrow, but this entire stuff pack model is being kept afloat and kept as a centerstage seller for the Sims 4 on nothing but the argument of "it's cheap so I won't lose sleep over it."

I would struggle to name a single user on this forum that has not been disappointed by the Sims 4 or a Sims 4 pack at some point in time....and yet in that same light, I also struggle to name users that don't blindly purchase every pack. Spoiler alert: the two are connected, and if we want better quality or more bang for our buck, it's time to stop squealing over every single mundane pack and acting like it's super exciting.

On that note, serious question now: What are ANY of you picturing doing with this pack? I mean in the past a stuff pack like Bowling Stuff for example, I can at least see how someone might convince themselves it'll keep them busy or add something to their gameplay. Laundry though...? This offers absolutely nothing. All it offers is about 0.6% more immersion to your gameplay. This game has enough simulation for simulation's sake, but it's severely lacking in gameplay. Heck, I can actually see people regretting their purchase because depending on how the feature was implemented, purchasing it might mean subjecting yourself to a really obnoxious and tedious chore that demands far too much attention. I mean lord knows the Sims team has a bad habit of over-stressing new features and doing everything they can to try and push players in the direction of new stuff, so it's absolutely within the realm of possibility that laundry might demand it be done too frequently and annoy players.

Oh yeah and inb4 your reward for doing laundry and wearing clean laundry is yet another happy moodlet. Lord knows we sure don't have enough of those yet! Could go on another rant about how they insist on propping up that moods system and trying to act like it's more intensive or interesting than it actually is, but that's another story....

Theres a BIG difference between saying something is cheap that will at least provide you with entertainment, and a pebble in your shoe. Thats apples to oranges.

I'm getting really tired of people complaining about Laundry. It literally won the vote, its not like EA just pulled it out of nowhere. Don't go trying to say the vote was a sham either, because it wasn't.

I've said why I enjoy Laundry dozens of times before but I'd be happy to say it again.

I play sims for story telling. Laundry is great for that. Starting out poor and hand washing clothes, to affording a decent machine, all the way to hiring a maid to do it for you.

You CANNOT enjoy luxuries without chores to offset it, otherwise they wouldnt be luxuries. Why we do we fantasize about being rich in the first place? Because the rich can do whatever they want for the most part and live a life of luxury.

The biggest reason though is because this game can be too easy. I actually downloaded a mod for vampires that makes their energy drain, so now they actually have to sleep 8 hours during the day, which makes the energy saving traits actually useful.

Same reason I want Laundry. I want my single parents or stay at home mothers to actually struggle. Taking care of twins while trying to find time to clean the dishes or mop the house, or do a load of laundry. It feels rewarding when they become teenagers and are actually capable of taking care of themselves.

People complain about laundry being an annoying chore, but so is doing dishes. Should we get rid of the dishes?

You also shouldnt be overly concerned about what other people do with their wallets. People will always waste money on silly things they dont want. That is why mobile gaming relies on micro transactions. People spend hundreds of dollars on silly games like Pokemon go.

Thr stuff packs are actually a pretty good deal. They come with just as much, sometimes more stuff than their sims 3 counter parts, with the bonus of 1-5 gameplay objects per pack, for half the price of sims 3. Theres no denying they are a better deal than sims 3 or even 2 stuff packs.

The issue many people might have is that there are so many compared to expansion or game packs, which is fair, but they have different teams.

You miss the point entirely. The point is that if someone's defense of a product is "well at least it's cheap," that is not a testament to quality. If anything, it speaks volumes about the lack of quality that someone has to justify their purchase via the pricetag while avoiding discussion of quality. If I buy an apple and realize only afterwards that it's rotten, do I praise the apple's quality? No, I comfort myself by saying "well at least it was just 50 cents." Great, but that doesn't mean the product is good. The product is still bad. The fact that we constantly see "oh well it's just $10" as justification for these stuff packs speaks volumes about how bad they are. No one ever criticizes or praises individual features of them, they just rationalize "oh well it's cheap" and buy it without thinking twice.

Riddle me this: If this is a stuff pack and the stuff is the attraction, why do so many people immediately scream "OMG I LOVE IT" after one trailer instead of waiting for a livestream that'll surely show them everything the pack has to offer, at which point they can decide if they actually like the style or not? Here's why: because so many consumers here are so deadset on buying anything Sims that they default to "yes" instead of waiting for a product to earn your purchase. There's even a youtube comment on the livestream vid admitting that much: "I’m still salty y’all actually voted for laundry but I’ll still get it because I’m Sims trash and I buy everything no matter what"

I have never said the vote was an intended sham, but is there reason to question if the results truly represent what people wanted? Is it possible they completely and unintentionally screwed up the results by accidently skewing the results in favor of one outcome? YES. This was the ONLY pre-existing, returning idea on the list from a previous Sims game. This was the ONLY idea that already had a group of people pushing for it. This was the ONLY vote candidate that had a SimGuru tweeting support of it.

If I gave you the lone vote in determining who the next president of the USA is, and then I had you either vote for an established and well-known Senator from Washington with a mediocre reputation, or five other random individuals you've never even heard of...? Guess who you'll vote for. Your vote will have absolutely nothing to do with your admiration for that senator and everything to do with the fact he's the only non-wildcard amongst your choices. He's the only one you know anything about or what to expect, and thus he gets the vote simply because it feels more "safe" to vote that way. That's exactly the problem with the voting process of this Stuff Pack, and lo and behold even though the pack was introduced as "Eco Friendly," they're not even pretending to be anything else anymore and now it's just "Laundry Stuff."

Your entire post is just ridiculous hyperboles and exaggerations that once again dance around the issue. To take dishwashing as an example from your own post, here is the pivotal difference: dishwashing didn't cost us $10.

It's really that simple. You yourself openly acknowledge laundry is comparable in depth to dishwashing, and yet despite the fact that your Sims can wash dishes right now for no additional charges, you don't think twice about paying $10 for this. Yeah, ok. Gee, I wonder why I'm so critical of that.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    edited January 2018

You miss the point entirely. The point is that if someone's defense of a product is "well at least it's cheap," that is not a testament to quality. If anything, it speaks volumes about the lack of quality that someone has to justify their purchase via the pricetag while avoiding discussion of quality. If I buy an apple and realize only afterwards that it's rotten, do I praise the apple's quality? No, I comfort myself by saying "well at least it was just 50 cents." Great, but that doesn't mean the product is good. The product is still bad. The fact that we constantly see "oh well it's just $10" as justification for these stuff packs speaks volumes about how bad they are. No one ever criticizes or praises individual features of them, they just rationalize "oh well it's cheap" and buy it without thinking twice.

Riddle me this: If this is a stuff pack and the stuff is the attraction, why do so many people immediately scream "OMG I LOVE IT" after one trailer instead of waiting for a livestream that'll surely show them everything the pack has to offer, at which point they can decide if they actually like the style or not? Here's why: because so many consumers here are so deadset on buying anything Sims that they default to "yes" instead of waiting for a product to earn your purchase. There's even a youtube comment on the livestream vid admitting that much: "I’m still salty y’all actually voted for laundry but I’ll still get it because I’m Sims trash and I buy everything no matter what"

I have never said the vote was an intended sham, but is there reason to question if the results truly represent what people wanted? Is it possible they completely and unintentionally screwed up the results by accidently skewing the results in favor of one outcome? YES. This was the ONLY pre-existing, returning idea on the list from a previous Sims game. This was the ONLY idea that already had a group of people pushing for it. This was the ONLY vote candidate that had a SimGuru tweeting support of it.

If I gave you the lone vote in determining who the next president of the USA is, and then I had you either vote for an established and well-known Senator from Washington with a mediocre reputation, or five other random individuals you've never even heard of...? Guess who you'll vote for. Your vote will have absolutely nothing to do with your admiration for that senator and everything to do with the fact he's the only non-wildcard amongst your choices. He's the only one you know anything about or what to expect, and thus he gets the vote simply because it feels more "safe" to vote that way. That's exactly the problem with the voting process of this Stuff Pack, and lo and behold even though the pack was introduced as "Eco Friendly," they're not even pretending to be anything else anymore and now it's just "Laundry Stuff."

Your entire post is just ridiculous hyperboles and exaggerations that once again dance around the issue. To take dishwashing as an example from your own post, here is the pivotal difference: dishwashing didn't cost us $10.

It's really that simple. You yourself openly acknowledge laundry is comparable in depth to dishwashing, and yet despite the fact that your Sims can wash dishes right now for no additional charges, you don't think twice about paying $10 for this. Yeah, ok. Gee, I wonder why I'm so critical of that.

Repeat after me. People can spend their money on whatever they want.

I never ONCE said dishwashers were as in depth as laundry, don't twist my words. I said they're both chores, because you think anyone who likes laundry must be off their rockers apparently.

Your senator argument makes no sense. The whole point of a vote is to get the popular opinion. If a senator is well known and liked then of course wed vote for him. Laundry was popular. A lot of people wanted it clearly, that does NOT make it a sham. That LITERALLY makes it the opposite of a sham. The MAJORITY voted for laundry because thr majority wanted it. Doesnt matter the reasons.

Your apple comparison is complete garbage. This is not a rotten apple. This is a nice bite size piece of dlc that is cheap. You also conveniently ignored the fact that stuff packs are half as expensive as previous iterations while offering just as much if not more content PLUS gameplay.

Stuff packs are not garbage. There is no issue with people getting excited over a trailer and wanting to buy. Not everyone has to be skeptical just because YOU dislike a pack.

So again, stop trying to police what other people do with their time and money. This isnt the first time youve criticised people for spending their money how they wish.

If someone wants to be a completionist and buy every pack even the ones they dislike, then that doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever. Dont even try to give me that "mah quality" excuse, because you haven't liked the sims 4 since launch, if you havent liked it in 3 years then you never will.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I never ONCE said dishwashers were as in depth as laundry, don't twist my words. I said they're both chores, because you think anyone who likes laundry must be off their rockers apparently.

---

Your apple comparison is complete garbage. This is not a rotten apple. This is a nice bite size piece of dlc that is cheap. You also conveniently ignored the fact that stuff packs are half as expensive as previous iterations while offering just as much if not more content PLUS gameplay.

Stuff packs are not garbage. There is no issue with people getting excited over a trailer and wanting to buy. Not everyone has to be skeptical just because YOU dislike a pack.

So again, stop trying to police what other people do with their time and money. This isnt the first time youve criticised people for spending their money how they wish.

If someone wants to be a completionist and buy every pack even the ones they dislike, then that doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever. Dont even try to give me that "mah quality" excuse, because you haven't liked the sims 4 since launch, if you havent liked it in 3 years then you never will.

As aggressive as he is, you are DEFINITELY overreacting. He did not say, anywhere as far as I can tell, that you're not "allowed" to spend the money on whatever you want.
    That's an argument you grabbed out of thin air.

As for "apple" arguments: The point is that washing clothes IS about as involved as doing dishes. The amount of work involved is pretty much 1:1 IRL. So the argument that we got one of those for free, and one costs $10 is not completely wrong. There's the content that comes with it, so maybe... say $5.

Also, he has as much right to state his opinion as you do.

I will most likely get this, because although I am very disappointed that 100% of the content I was looking forward to didnt't make it, there is enough CAS and Build items to be worth the money.

As for price: "Half the price"? Really Are you saying this stuff pack only costs $5 at launch? Because otherwise you're blatantly lying. This certainly does not cost half as much as the Late Night expansion for Sims 3, for example.

Edit: To clarify: You can't compare a full expansion, with Vampires, Bands, Celebrities and Laundry with this.
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    So now I'm curious...my boys always wash dishes in a variety of sinks through the house instead of the one in the kitchen where they eat their meals. I wonder if now they're going to be washing clothes in the sink and pool as a result of laundry? lol At first I thought this was a boring idea, but I do like the clothing and the wash tub seeing it in action. I might truly consider buying this, if nothing else, at least for the new animations. In fact, that'd be the main reason why I'd buy every single release if I had the money to do so. Regardless of how "boring" the pack might but it's super fun to see my Sims doing new animations. I got the backyard stuff with the water slide for the sole purpose of putting said water slide on a fun "water park" themed lot I made. Do I go use it? Hardly. Do I like all the decor that came with the pack? Heck yes! It's all what you do with it and what you enjoy. If little things like this make a person happy just by using ONE thing that's all that counts. Pfft...yeah, so for me it's not bad. Personally I still would have rather have got a rual/country theme with chickens and bee hives, but considering how terrible the birds in Cats and Dogs look I'm honestly afraid for chickens lol I might not be the most creative of folks around here and just have one Sims family I play with at the moment (for the last year) but I truly have fun with it and love my characters very much. If spending ten or twenty dollars on a pack, regardless of what it has or has not in it, makes me smile seeing my Sims get into new things, that's up to me. I am no more wrong than those that have thirty families or who murder Sims just to have ghosts. Enjoy the game, have fun.

Is this pack truly going to be ten dollars? If that is true I have no problem with that. It's way better than buying a terrible meal at McDonald's and at least this keeps you laughing and entertained for far longer.

I'm still hopeful for new adventures, vacation spots, seasons, country life, new animals, SLOW DANCING, more romantic interactions (which honestly should have been part of the romantic garden pack)...but even if nothing else gets released that won't stop me from having fun and enjoying my game. I think I shall buy this pack.
  • Options

---

As aggressive as he is, you are DEFINITELY overreacting. He did not say, anywhere as far as I can tell, that you're not "allowed" to spend the money on whatever you want.
    That's an argument you grabbed out of thin air.

As for "apple" arguments: The point is that washing clothes IS about as involved as doing dishes. The amount of work involved is pretty much 1:1 IRL. So the argument that we got one of those for free, and one costs $10 is not completely wrong. There's the content that comes with it, so maybe... say $5.

Also, he has as much right to state his opinion as you do.

I will most likely get this, because although I am very disappointed that 100% of the content I was looking forward to didnt't make it, there is enough CAS and Build items to be worth the money.

As for price: "Half the price"? Really Are you saying this stuff pack only costs $5 at launch? Because otherwise you're blatantly lying. This certainly does not cost half as much as the Late Night expansion for Sims 3, for example.

What? Stuff packs are 10 dollars. They costed 20 in previous iterations.

And he has said multiple times before that the issue with this community is people are always excited or hyped and never stop to think a pack might be bad, or that people who buy packs they don't want are an issue.

Dishwashing IRL may be like laundry, but watching the live broadcast you can tell its very in depth for laundry. Dishwashers were free because they have been base game since at least sims 2, laundry never was.

I'm done replying though, because all it does is work me up.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I'm right with you. Even if I know that I'm stupid and I'll buy this. It's like pay 10$ for an apple just because it's ''good''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    As I said: You can't compare a stuff pack with a full blown expansion.
  • Options

IF you're referring to me, I never did. I can't tell who you're referring to though, I haven't seen anybody mention expansion packs.
  • Options

IF you're referring to me, I never did. I can't tell who you're referring to though, I haven't seen anybody mention expansion packs.

I get you, you were comparing Stuff Pack vs Stuff Pack. However I was comparing "What You Get With Laundry" in Sims 3 vs Sims 4.
    In Sims 3 you got Laundry included in Ambitions, which contained 5 professions, 1 career, expansion on the medical career, Self-employment, new town, new Simbots, new build modes, new skills, tattoos, earthquakes, motorcykles. And yes, laundry.

Basically Laundry was the LEAST important part of that pack.

In Sims 4 you pay $10 for a pack that basically ONLY contains laundry. Plus CAS and BUILD items.
    Especially in the light of all the ideas scrapped from Eco Living this does indeed make it a very "empty" pack.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

I get you, you were comparing Stuff Pack vs Stuff Pack. However I was comparing "What You Get With Laundry" in Sims 3 vs Sims 4.
    In Sims 3 you got Laundry included in Ambitions, which contained 5 professions, 1 career, expansion on the medical career, Self-employment, new town, new Simbots, new build modes, new skills, tattoos, earthquakes, motorcykles. And yes, laundry.

In Sims 4 you pay $10 for a pack that basically ONLY contains laundry. Plus CAS and BUILD items.
    Especially in the light of all the ideas scrapped from Eco Living this does indeed make it a very "empty" pack.

Are you getting it?
  • Options

Are you getting it?

Most likely. Maybe not this month.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Do you know how much laundry I could do with $10?

This.

I mean the CAS content is the only thing of this pack that looks promising to me. There are many amazing contents available on simblrs and other sites for download which don't cost a penny. As a poor college student, I actually need to save this money (£7.99 here in the UK) for electricity and better food.

But I'm more interested to find out when people are getting tired of doing virtual laundry. Most people I know, myself included, play the game just to get away from doing mundane chores not the other way round. And as @Beardedgeek has mentioned, laundry is the part of the Ambitions/University Life gameplay that I just couldn't be bothered with.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Everyone please just chill :)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.