Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day Stuff Trailer!

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

I loved the trailer too, even though I think whoever made it was like I can’t believe this so let’s make it even more ridiculous lol . I mean...

...it’s laundry after all, so dirty clothes

That's exactly how I read it. It was a good-natured (I hope) poke at the community for sure. :D

Yeah , I don’t even blame them at this point lol. I’m really really REALLY trying to understand why people wanted this feature to a point they would pay for it. I mean it won, nothing to do there, but I truly don’t understand why. I mean we ask for such cool features sometimes and when we ar given the choice of picking sometime we chose ... laundry. It could have been a patch. Good thing CAS and Objects were the ones I actually voted for

It is what it is.

Now that the laundry is out of the way, here's hoping that the team will surprise and delight us with something heretofore unseen an unimagined. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the trailer. It certainly has managed to entertain me. <3

Me too , I watched it like 1000 times. It was amusing and some comments made my day
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Yes! Toddlers can play in the wash bucket! :D:D:D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I loved the trailer too, even though I think whoever made it was like I can’t believe this so let’s make it even more ridiculous lol . I mean...

That's exactly how I read it. It was a good-natured (I hope) poke at the community for sure. :D

Yeah , I don’t even blame them at this point lol. I’m really really REALLY trying to understand why people wanted this feature to a point they would pay for it. I mean it won, nothing to do there, but I truly don’t understand why. I mean we ask for such cool features sometimes and when we ar given the choice of picking sometime we chose ... laundry. It could have been a patch. Good thing CAS and Objects were the ones I actually voted for

I agree. Let's be honest it won because it was up against a lot of unknown concepts and it split the vote multiple ways. It was always going to win unless it went up against a bigger wanted feature.

But anyway I digress. Some of the cas items look nice but I can't justify nearly £10 on cas items. The machines themselves look good but its a chore. Literally we are paying for housework many of us do for free. I can't understand why people are happy to pay for laundry and I really can't understand they mindset of "I don't want it but ill buy it anyway" But to each their own. I have a gift voucher so if I were to get it would come off that but it doesn't look interesting enough to use for that.
  • Options

I agree. Let's be honest it won because it was up against a lot of unknown concepts and it split the vote multiple ways. It was always going to win unless it went up against a bigger wanted feature.

But anyway I digress. Some of the cas items look nice but I can't justify nearly £10 on cas items. The machines themselves look good but its a chore. Literally we are paying for housework many of us do for free. I can't understand why people are happy to pay for laundry and I really can't understand they mindset of "I don't want it but ill buy it anyway" But to each their own. I have a gift voucher so if I were to get it would come off that but it doesn't look interesting enough to use for that.

It’s cheap so I won’t lose my sleep over it. What I don’t understand is how does this even work with the clothes system we have in the sims 4? Like I wonder if it’s only an animation or if actually has an effect on sims. Like fullfill some sort of need , like hygiene
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Was it known during the voting process that the washboard/tub was going to be usable? I think that's awesome.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Was it known during the voting process that the washboard/tub was going to be usable? I think that's awesome.

Always. It was that way so at least one object would make sense with the eco living theme. A lot of us were like... washing machines what a great way to destroy the world even more. There wasn’t anything eco about it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    The stuff looks pretty cool. I’ve been playing rustic sims lately. The pack will work nicely for me. I have several trailer dewling sims right now and the clothes line will work awesomely.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

Always. It was that way so at least one object would make sense with the eco living theme. A lot of us were like... washing machines what a great way to destroy the world even more. There wasn’t anything eco about it

Ah, thanks. My vote didn't go to laundry (or eco living, tbh) so after it won my attention kind of wandered. :D

• Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    This trailer has washed all my doubts away! :) Sorry, but I had to say that. To be honest, I really like the laundry. Day 1 buy for me.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options

It’s cheap so I won’t lose my sleep over it. What I don’t understand is how does this even work with the clothes system we have in the sims 4? Like I wonder if it’s only an animation or if actually has an effect on sims. Like fullfill some sort of need , like hygiene

Being optimistic I would say maybe fills the hygiene bar. In the trailer the sim sniffs the sim as if he's smelly.
    Probably a happiness moodlet.
  • Options
    hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    > @MadameLee said:
    > I'm squealing over the washtubs!!!!!

Me too!!! I so love them already!
  • Options

Being optimistic I would say maybe fills the hygiene bar. In the trailer the sim sniffs the sim as if he's smelly.

Hopefully. Also I hope it won’t be bugged like in ts3 were clothes well all over the floor.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    NarbyNarby Posts: 1 New Member
    Probably wont be getting it. I hated laundry in TS3.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I for one wanted laundry for a while. Silly, mundane or not, I love adding real life stuff into the game.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    All that is in my head now is..Who exactly came up with that epic music choice for a laundry stuff pack ...lool I'm loving it tho
  • Options

Hopefully. Also I hope it won’t be bugged like in ts3 were clothes well all over the floor.

It's been said I think by Graham but don't quote me, that it won't be like that.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

Originally it was presented as an eco living pack against some other pack choices I can't remember. Once the Eco pack idea wond it got dwindled and dwindled and became laundry. When I voted for the eco pack I didn't expect it would become a laundry pack I mean what does laundry have to do with eco living? By the time it got dumbed down from eco living to laundry it was too late.

My point is that when the voting was first handed to us laundry wasn't the option, Eco living was. Once eco living won and they kept pigeon holing the choices your eventually left with pick whats better a punch in the nose or a ham sandwich.

I'm not thrilled that its an eco pack that is basically thrift store objects a weird idea of country cloths and well laundry but at least it adds a chore for them to do and I'll still get it because it will add to the game BUT it definitely isn't anything near what I'd have expected an Eco living pack to become.

Still, I do like the trailer, good stuff that.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    To me laundry pack seems boring.. I can do enough laundry irl.
    But I love the clothes and items!! Can't wait to use them.
    ( Anyway I get that pack for free :wink: )
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Well I can't wait, there is a spot in my sim's house just waiting for laundry stuff. I wonder if sims who did not wash for 5 days straight will run out of clean clothes since it's only 5 everyday outfits they can rotate. And I think they added value with the new type of clothes and build objects.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Doing laundry has never been so much fun!

That is not a challenge!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Still can't believe people voted for this.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    The music and the trailer itself made me want to buy laundry and I don't even actually want it haha it was so funny.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I love laundry.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    cant wait!
    I voted for it and so happy it won and is finally here...love the washboard
    Now just need seasons!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Best Part:-
    • Music
    • Buy Mode Objects

Worst Part:-
    • Everything Else
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?