Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do other sims/kids have no reaction to cheating?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    Nette wrote: »
    About children not knowing what's going on... They do. As several people has pointed out already, very young children knows when something wrong is going on. I even had sex ed in school when I was 10! I knew all of how our bodies work and how babies are made.

Kids know. It would be nice for them to be upset if their mom or dad was kissing someone else.

In the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", the young kid singing the song says at the end, "What a night it would have been, if Daddy would have seen, Mommy kissing Santa Claus, last night." Kids do know. Sorry, I still have Christmas on my mind.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    My TS3 kids knew what was going on. If they saw someone else kiss mommy or daddy they knew. They would get the "no" symbol (red circle with the line through it) in their thought bubble.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    In TS3 my sim flirted with a married woman. He got decreased relationships with both of her kids AND the woman's bff.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    About children not knowing what's going on... They do. As several people has pointed out already, very young children knows when something wrong is going on. I even had sex ed in school when I was 10! I knew all of how our bodies work and how babies are made.

Kids know. It would be nice for them to be upset if their mom or dad was kissing someone else.

In the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", the young kid singing the song says at the end, "What a night it would have been, if Daddy would have seen, Mommy kissing Santa Claus, last night." Kids do know. Sorry, I still have Christmas on my mind.

Haha I love that song and I agree!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member

The versions of the song I've always heard have gone, "What a laugh it would have been, if Daddy had only seen, Mommy kissing Santa Claus, last night!" That, of course, makes me think of the kid laughing their behind off as their dad beats the living sugar cookies out of old Saint Nick for macking on his wife. In TS4, a Child with the Evil trait should totally be able to tell on their cheating parent and laugh with villainous glee when the parent who's been cheated on goes medieval on their partner's side-piece. Just sayin'... >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    TerraEnvyTerraEnvy Posts: 4 New Member
    It's a really good question and it's something that I have wished was in here myself. I thought I was the only one that wondered this. XD
    -Terra
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Its ridiculous that sim kids and teens don't react or care to their parent cheating. My sims 2 and 3 kids react and it's one of the many things I love about them. They react appropriately to things going on around them. Breaks immersion for me to see a kid just sit watching their dad cheat on their mum with the weird smile but no reaction whatsoever.
  • Options

The versions of the song I've always heard have gone, "What a laugh it would have been, if Daddy had only seen, Mommy kissing Santa Claus, last night!" That, of course, makes me think of the kid laughing their behind off as their dad beats the living sugar cookies out of old Saint Nick for macking on his wife. In TS4, a Child with the Evil trait should totally be able to tell on their cheating parent and laugh with villainous glee when the parent who's been cheated on goes medieval on their partner's side-piece. Just sayin'... >:)

Omg lol!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    in Sims 2 if you cheated with your partner on the same lot they automatically found out and all chaos broke out! o:)o:)
    Sims 3 they needed to SEE it. :*
    Sims 4 they could care less. Monogamy is dead. But since this game series is based on the United States in the 21st century this isn't all that surprising with the shear amount of adultery and divorces on a daily basis. >:)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    It'd be nice if they had it so if their spouse wasn't able to witness the cheating then (if one of their Friends/Good Friends/Best Friend happened to see), the friend that saw could tell. In other words, the cheater had better keep that "Secret Rendezvous" an actual secret!

But yeah, this needs to be addressed. If Sims really are smarter, they'd know HOW to react to cheating spouses!

Hint hint, EA!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Its ridiculous that sim kids and teens don't react or care to their parent cheating. My sims 2 and 3 kids react and it's one of the many things I love about them. They react appropriately to things going on around them. Breaks immersion for me to see a kid just sit watching their dad cheat on their mum with the weird smile but no reaction whatsoever.

Would be nice if they added it back, it's so easy to add.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    It'd be nice if they had it so if their spouse wasn't able to witness the cheating then (if one of their Friends/Good Friends/Best Friend happened to see), the friend that saw could tell. In other words, the cheater had better keep that "Secret Rendezvous" an actual secret!

It would be cool to play a sim cheating and if another sim saw then that sim could beg to keep secret.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    They definitely should amp the consequences for cheating in this game. I've had a sim walk in on their spouse while they were woohooing with someone else. She didn't even bat an eye in their direction, and she had the jealous trait!
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Monogamy is dead. But since this game series is based on the United States in the 21st century this isn't all that surprising with the shear amount of adultery and divorces on a daily basis. >:)

Adultery and Divorces exists everywhere around the planet of Earth and not just in the United States.

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    They definitely need to bring this feature back to the game. My favorite thing about families is the drama.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    This needs to be improved upon so much. Even when i have my Sims use mean interactions, they will just autonomously have pleasant interactions afterwards. Like no. This person just threw a drink at you. Don't be friendly. They may sometimes switch over to the appropriate emotions but they don't do anything. The emotions are so weak in this game and its suppose to be a big selling point.

They need to react and respond better to what is happening around them.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cheating and many other aspects of this game are just lazy... Child Sims and up should react to cheating Sims should be able to tell the Sim cheated on that it happened if they witness it if the player chooses to. I miss how Sims would slap the cheater in Sims 2 in Sims 4 its nothing just cheated on upset nah the room looks great!
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    I would also like to see some more reactions to cheating, especially from family members. The idea @Pixelsimmer had about being able to tell about the cheating would also be awesome. Though, I've always kind of assumed that the "gossip" interaction does that anyway. Could be just my left over assumption from TS3.
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • Options
    LaPetiteFromageLaPetiteFromage Posts: 12 New Member
    I miss how in TS2 they would get mad at the cheating sim and kick them out of the house. Such an appropriate reaction to discovering your cheating spouse. Haha
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    > @kaiwrysims said:
    > 5782341b77vl wrote: »
    >
    > It'd be nice if they had it so if their spouse wasn't able to witness the cheating then (if one of their Friends/Good Friends/Best Friend happened to see), the friend that saw could tell. In other words, the cheater had better keep that "Secret Rendezvous" an actual secret!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It would be cool to play a sim cheating and if another sim saw then that sim could beg to keep secret.

This would be a really cool thing. It really annoyes me when there is no reaction. Back in ts3 (wich i know is a different game but still) if your spouse caught you cheating she would instantly be mad and fight you but now in ts4 they barely react. And when they do they get a little mad but than it's back to being friendly. For example i am playing this sim who sleeps with everybody and his romantic interests saw him cheating multiple times and tried for baby with him right after it. I also don't really like how it's super easy to get romantic with a sim just give them a flower and kiss their hands and they will instantly fall for you. Even if you have no friendship level and even the married sims. I wish it would a little more difficult than it is now that would be great. It just adds a little more drama wich could make dating way interesting and could go great with some reputations so other sims would think twice about dating that sim
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I also like the drama and agree it's annoying when they have very minor reactions to cheating.

However, last night I had something kind of exciting happen. Cheating led to an unexpected death in my game.

My heir's wife had become a vampire. The family was having a birthday party for their son. The party seemed to be going fine. But then I realized I couldn't find the wife. Where was she?

I found her outside the house, making a beeline toward a sim she was planning to "Uncontrollably Drink" from. I thought this was strange because her Thirst meter hadn't been that low. Then I saw she was Very Angry with a moodlet "Flirty Spouse." I guess her husband had flirted with someone at the party (I hadn't seen that). Or maybe someone at the party flirted with him. And apparently sometimes when Vampires get really mad, they will decide to drink uncontrollably.

Sunlight was a particular weakness of hers, and before she could get back to the party -- she was dead.

While I was somewhat sad to have her pass on, I loved the unfolding of this story and saved the game. I was actually planning to have her die from sunlight, just not so soon.