Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flirting with mailman

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
Should my lonely girl go for it or does paring up with this type of townie cause problems?

Comments

• Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Mailmen are okay to move in/marry.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Go for it!! Mailmen are safe.
  • Options
    Oddly, he wasn’t on her phone contact list. So now she’s stopping random strangers, poor girl. She’s lovely and wants to be a famous dancer. That baby daddy will show up sooner or later!

One interesting this happened. She had a good conversation going with a One lightening bolt guy and when she flirted with him, he got mad. She gave up on him and before he left, he kissed her. She had a wish to have a first kiss. For some reason this didn’t fulfill it.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    The mailman not being on the contact list is pretty odd, since she's flirted with him. I'd temporarily give up on him if she has other options, or have another playable sim befriend him and see if he can be called. NPCs that can't be called on the phone sometimes have problems associated with them.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    If she doesn't meet a good suitor soon, the goddess of Roseville (i.e. ME) will create one for her. ;)
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Sometimes meeting the right sim is just hard work.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Could be the glitch where NPC's don't show up in the phone book. They broke NPC's on phone contact lists in FreeTime. I don't recall if they fixed it or not. Or if it's one of those they fixed and then broke with Apartment Life's release.

There are mods out there to fix that if that glitch is still around.
  • Options
    VeeLizzVeeLizz Posts: 4 New Member
    That glitch tends to happen in my game too. I have no idea how to fix it so far but yeah, my single mother sim flirted with the Headmaster while the challenge to get her three girls into private school was going on, and after such she hasn't been able to call him for some reason. But... He does call on of the three daughters. :s
  • Options
    VeeLizz wrote: »
    That glitch tends to happen in my game too. I have no idea how to fix it so far but yeah, my single mother sim flirted with the Headmaster while the challenge to get her three girls into private school was going on, and after such she hasn't been able to call him for some reason. But... He does call on of the three daughters. :s

Maybe the headmaster's wife found out and forbid him to talk to you...

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    TS2UC still has the bug where not all townies or NPCs appear in phone book. To solve this problem I had to put back in SimWardrope FT Phone Fix Mod. TS2UC doesn't contain all patches. Some townies show up in phone book like one bartender but maybe not another, it is a result of a bug in BV which they did patch, but then they came out with Fun With Pets or Double Deluxe etc. which do not contain those fixes. You may never know you still have this bug, I had removed the mod from my downloads folder and found out that bug is still there. Putting the mod fix back into the downloads folder fixed those issues for me. ETA: They did patch this in FT but it was broken (you could call the coach etc. but some townies would not show up because they broke something else in BV).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.