Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[New Gamepack idea] Housework

I think this will be a cool idea! <3

Laundry

You'd be able to put your clothes in a hamper and wash them, if you don't wash your clothes in a while, your hygiene would go down and you would get an uncomfortable moodlet. Then you either have the option to put your clothes in a drying machine (In England we call them tumble dryers) or a drying rack which takes longer to dry. The only downsides with the drying machine is it can start a fire.
Ironing

You will have to buy an iron and an ironing board to do this. If you don't iron, your clothes with look all creased and screwed up, it would be essential to iron your sims clothes if you're going to a wedding, or a party. However, if you do not iron your clothes, you will not get a moodlet.
vaccuming

If you don't vaccume, that outcome would be that dirt, dust and gunk piles up on to the floor. You will also get an uncomfortable, and nauseous moodlet for that.
Kids cleaning their room

Kids also have a chore to do, cleaning their room. When you tell them to do it they may get an angry moodlet, eventually they will do it.

I've got more chores/housework to come, I'll make more comments for this! Please leave your comments/opinions below on what you think.

:blush:

Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
Please add me on Origin!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,762 Member
    we are getting a laundry pack sometime in 2018 that the community made together.

I made a thread with a poll on this part of the forum asking for a push-able vacuum besides the robo vacuums that's in Cats&Dogs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    we are getting a laundry pack sometime in 2018 that the community made together.

I made a thread with a poll on this part of the forum asking for a push-able vacuum besides the robo vacuums that's in Cats&Dogs

I'm a new member of the forums, so I wasn't aware of this. I'll try to get a new idea of a gamepack.
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    millsmolls wrote: »

I'm a new member of the forums, so I wasn't aware of this. I'll try to get a new idea of a gamepack.

well welcome to the forums!!

But I would have liked the ironing and laundry aspects for my Swanson legacy (4 out of my 7 Gens) were all Cinderella-like characters..but only one actually followed Cinderella storyline
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

But I would have liked the ironing and laundry aspects for my Swanson legacy (4 out of my 7 Gens) were all Cinderella-like characters..but only one actually followed Cinderella storyline

Thank you!

Maybe they should add ironing to the laundry gamepack they will add?
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options

Thank you!

Maybe they should add ironing to the laundry gamepack they will add?

it's kind of a bit too late for any other fuction to be added to the laundry pack (I'm not sure what's its going to be called) since the pack is going to be released, I think "early 2018"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I also do believe robot vacuums were added in the new Cats and Dogs EP. Otherwise, I really like your ideas!
  • Options
    CrownSims wrote: »
    I also do believe robot vacuums were added in the new Cats and Dogs EP. Otherwise, I really like your ideas!

yeah but you don't "work" with the robo vacuums..what I (and other people want) are more ones you actually have to "work" with

like this:
    s-l300.jpg

or this:
    vacuums-cleaners-4.jpg

robo vaccums don't work in a storyline if you have a Cinderella like character
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can catch up on the laundry discussion in Graham's Corner.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You can catch up on the laundry discussion in Graham's Corner.
    Thanks!
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    Another chore could be sweeping
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member

Welcome to the forums. I would like to see the children/teens be able to do more in the way of chores. With the Parenthood GP they can earn values doing certain things already. If you don't own this one, you may wish to look into it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    diditrekdiditrek Posts: 20 Member
    I think that children should do punishments for doing poorly in school or misbehaving. this is more realistic to real life than giving a talking to.
  • Options
    diditrek wrote: »
    I think that children should do punishments for doing poorly in school or misbehaving. this is more realistic to real life than giving a talking to.

Yeah
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    diditrek wrote: »

you CAN give them punishements if you have good parenting skills (mopping) for instance
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    We have a Roomba in C&D, too, so sweeping or vacuuming is covered. I would like to see parents punish kids by making them clean up their own messes at least.
  • Options
    We have a Roomba in C&D, too, so sweeping or vacuuming is covered. I would like to see parents punish kids by making them clean up their own messes at least.

Did you not get my comment.. sweeping and vaccuming with Romba doesn't work for some of us players because it's ROBOT.. some of us would actually LIKE stuff we can work "WITH" you know like a push able vacuum, or an actual BROOM I mean what about players who play history challegenes? They can';t use the Roomba because it's electronic device.. So we NEED real brooms and non-robot vacums.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I see your point but WE don't need them, YOU want them. And I'm fine with that, but how would a modern pushable vacuum fit in a history challenge? A vacuum is electronic isn't it? We have mops that clean up most spills and there's no "dirt" to sweep away.
  • Options
    I see your point but WE don't need them, YOU want them. And I'm fine with that, but how would a modern pushable vacuum fit in a history challenge? A vacuum is electronic isn't it? We have mops that clean up most spills and there's no "dirt" to sweep away.

the first motorised vacuum cleaner was in the late 1800s (but used gasoline).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe this isn’t such a great idea :)
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options

Well, TBH, three of your four original ideas either can be or will done soon. Laundry is coming early next year, they added Roombas with C&D so I don't see them adding more vacuums, especially older versions and kids can be assigned chores in Parenthood. Ironing is the only suggestion that hasn't been done and frankly, I think it might be a little too mundane by itself.

I, personally, want things for my sims to do that accomplish something. And that doesn't need to be some big adventure. There is a lot of support for a CRAFTING pack where sims can create things. Sewing in a fashion career or canning/churning to go with a farm pack or expanding the photography skill.
  • Options

Well, TBH, three of your four original ideas either can be or will done soon. Laundry is coming early next year, they added Roombas with C&D so I don't see them adding more vacuums, especially older versions and kids can be assigned chores in Parenthood. Ironing is the only suggestion that hasn't been done and frankly, I think it might be a little too mundane by itself.

I, personally, want things for my sims to do that accomplish something. And that doesn't need to be some big adventure. There is a lot of support for a CRAFTING pack where sims can create things. Sewing in a fashion career or canning/churning to go with a farm pack or expanding the photography skill.

I agree with you, but what about small activities like making beds, or is that not necessary either?
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options

I agree with you, but what about small activities like making beds, or is that not necessary either?

Sims in older versions got out of bed and left them unmade unless you told them to make the bed or they were a "neat" sim or you had a maid who did it for you. Now, in S4, they get up and make it right away. There are very few chores left for sims to do other than mopping up a spill or cleaning the odd dirty counter top. In my games, there really is no need to hire a maid anymore because nothing really gets dirty.
  • Options

Sims in older versions got out of bed and left them unmade unless you told them to make the bed or they were a "neat" sim or you had a maid who did it for you. Now, in S4, they get up and make it right away. There are very few chores left for sims to do other than mopping up a spill or cleaning the odd dirty counter top. In my games, there really is no need to hire a maid anymore because nothing really gets dirty.

Yeah, I only like a few aspects from this idea now.
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options

Well don't get discouraged and keep posting ideas. Sometimes a small idea can become a really great idea for a pack. And this time around they are wanting to expand and do more new and different things than in the past. A farming pack and a crafting pack are, hopefully, on the list of things to do for the devs.
  • Options

Well don't get discouraged and keep posting ideas. Sometimes a small idea can become a really great idea for a pack. And this time around they are wanting to expand and do more new and different things than in the past. A farming pack and a crafting pack are, hopefully, on the list of things to do for the devs.

I think I’m going to start on a new idea
    Please add me on Origin!