Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why we need TWEENS / PRETEENS!?

Comments

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Game play for pre-teens means they shave off time from children and teens, pre-teens would be a different height, requiring new clothing, and taking some interactions from children, some from teens that are already in the game? Crushes? Just what this game needs, another child lifestae for adult sims to creep on, as if it isn't enough that parents, butlers, nannies, and every other adult in the game is having whims to flirt with toddlers, children, teens no thank you! So pre-teens will go to middle school, a rabbit hole, another rabbit hole that they disappear too for a few hours?
    How does any of this make for better game play?
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited December 2017
    Game play for pre-teens means they shave off time from children and teens, pre-teens would be a different height, requiring new clothing, and taking some interactions from children, some from teens that are already in the game? Crushes? Just what this game needs, another child lifestae for adult sims to creep on, as if it isn't enough that parents, butlers, nannies, and every other adult in the game is having whims to flirt with toddlers, children, teens no thank you! So pre-teens will go to middle school, a rabbit hole, another rabbit hole that they disappear too for a few hours?

Since when did Adults Sims creep on toddlers, kids, and teens like...wow what game are you playing because that don't sound like the sims. If your talking about the bug they fixed that awhile.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Nice idea but I feel like it's just an irrelevant addition to the game
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I think itd be more prodctive to ask for pre teens in sims 5. I dont see them being added in to sims 4.
    We got toddlers for free, patched. I doubt theyd do it a second time.
    So that's leaves them coming in a pack, which is fine. But how many packs do we already have that they now need pre teens to be compatible with? A lot...
    I don't really feel their absence though, if I feel I need to, ill change their clothes and update their room to be pre teeny. But I mostly rush the baby, child and teen stages. I usually only really play toddlers, YA, and adults. But that's just me.
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Nice idea but I feel like it's just an irrelevant addition to the game

Yeah no. It's really not.
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I think itd be more prodctive to ask for pre teens in sims 5. I dont see them being added in to sims 4.
    So that's leaves them coming in a pack, which is fine. But how many packs do we already have that they now need pre teens to be compatible with? A lot...
    I don't really feel their absence though, if I feel I need to, ill change their clothes and update their room to be pre teeny. But I mostly rush the baby, child and teen stages. I usually only really play toddlers, YA, and adults. But that's just me.

Why are you bringing up Sims 5 though? It's not coming out for a while. I think we are defiantly getting preteens whether you think we aren't. The devs mentioned them a few times.
  • Options
    @NorthDakotaGamer How would you suggest I create this family, since I apparently lack imagination?
    AoQEnLK.jpg
    The youngest child would be a toddler, but the 5 others would be a child. And the problem is that in the game they would all be the same height, and look the same. This is why I need preteens. Or I would be happy if I had a mod to change the heights of children since it really is about the height for me. And I'm sorry if I'm annoying.

So it is about height and not gameplay for you. That just tells me your imagination plum badly, so sorry for you. The only way they will add a new life stage is if some new gameplay features could be added.

Wait, why is this about imagination? Why should everyone live up to your expectations. They will only add preteens if it'll fix the gap between child and teen and make a substitute for shorter teens.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2017
    @BuzzBuzz

That person did say it was about height for them. It must be terrible to not just be able to pretend by using imagination. Since I play with aging on, my kid Sims are often 3 sim days apart, so it is easy to know who is older when allowing aging. I know some people do play with aging off, so I would figure they use their imagination about the age of their sims. If another life stage is added, significant gameplay features would need to be included to make it worth all the extra coding.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »

Why are you bringing up Sims 5 though? It's not coming out for a while. I think we are defiantly getting preteens whether you think we aren't. The devs mentioned them a few times.

I said why im bringing up sims 5, because i dont think they're coming in s4.
    So you think were definately getting pre teens, and that's okay. I just think we won't and that maybe they'll come in s5, and that's okay too. Different opinions.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Since when did Adults Sims creep on toddlers, kids, and teens like...wow what game are you playing because that don't sound like the sims. If your talking about the bug they fixed that awhile.

A vanilla (no mods/ no cc) game. The bug is still in the game btw. Maybe you have a mod in your game and you don't see it. My sim gets get texts from adults asking them out for dates all the time. The nanny is flirty with toddlers.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

A vanilla (no mods/ no cc) game. The bug is still in the game btw. Maybe you have a mod in your game and you don't see it. My sim gets get texts from adults asking them out for dates all the time. The nanny is flirty with toddlers.

this is off topic please stop
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

there might be preteens or there might not no one knows try not to get your hopes up to high @BuzzBuzz
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

How is it off topic? One of the suggestions for pre-teens is for them to have crushes. There is a bug currently in the game (which has not been fixed and has been reported multiple times) that adults have romantic whims and relationships with children.
    I disagree that we need another child life state added to the sims 4, if the developers cannot even fix this bug.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I have no mods and not once did that show up after they fixed the bug like awhile ago. The only bug I have is Sims keep getting water mostly visiting Sims and cups of water be everywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I have no mods and not once did that show up after they fixed the bug like awhile ago. The only bug I have is Sims keep getting water mostly visiting Sims and cups of water be everywhere.

It was reported again in the bugs section of this forum on November 25th and that report includes a very creepy screenshot of a step parent getting a whim to flirt with his stepson.

My current family does not have children, so I haven't seen it in my game for awhile, but obviously it is still in the coding of the game.
    Even though a guru was tagged, nobody from EA responded. It was advised to "ignore" it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Toddlers were always meant to be in the game but due to reasons beyond their control at the time, they were left out. So when they did add them, they took the extra time to make them the best toddlers yet. Pre-teens have never been a thing and never will be because we have pre-teens in the game already, they are called children. You and I both know what you really want is shorter teens like we've had before. If we had been given shorter teens from the start, no one would ever have wanted or talked about pre-teens. So, do you want twelve year old sims (because pre means before, so before teens which is twelve) or shorter teens? Trick question because we will be getting neither of them.

So now your trying to think for me don't assume what I want. See you don't read what people just explained to you again I don't want shorter teens I wanted Preteens since Sims 2 and teens weren't as tall as they were today right? I could care less about the teens being tall I had no problem with them I'm not talking about how they added toddlers now in Sims 4 this how I know you don't pay attention to what you are reading. Toddlers were added in game in Sims 2 why? Because people thought it was weird for a baby to pop up and become a kid. Elders were added because again people thought it was weird for an adult to just die when the time came. I for one want to recognize Preteens as a lifestages because the gap between a child and teen needs to be filled.
    Also yeah we haven't had Preteens in game before that's the entire point of the thread also never say never.

They are not going to go to the time, money and effort of making 12 year old sims. And unless you play with aging off, they won't stay 12 long enough to enjoy all the "cool" new features you seem to think they will bring.

I disagree. If they can put all their time, money, and effort into pets and toddlers they can put all their time, money, and efforts into preteens. Silly excuse.

Pets and toddlers were planned from the start and have been in past versions of the game. You are asking for a new life stage that has never been done before because it already exists as children. Pre-teens will add absolutely no new game play that can't be done with kids or teens. You want a life stage that represents one year of a sims life instead of a stage of a sims life. Wanting a height difference between kids and teens so your family "looks" better is a silly reason to push a silly idea.
  • Options
    @NorthDakotaGamer How would you suggest I create this family, since I apparently lack imagination?
    AoQEnLK.jpg
    The youngest child would be a toddler, but the 5 others would be a child. And the problem is that in the game they would all be the same height, and look the same. This is why I need preteens. Or I would be happy if I had a mod to change the heights of children since it really is about the height for me. And I'm sorry if I'm annoying.

Even with a pre-teen stage, you still couldn't create that family. At best, you could do three, toddler, child, pre-teen. So if this is your reasoning, you will be greatly disappointed.
  • Options
    Toddlers were always meant to be in the game but due to reasons beyond their control at the time, they were left out. So when they did add them, they took the extra time to make them the best toddlers yet. Pre-teens have never been a thing and never will be because we have pre-teens in the game already, they are called children. You and I both know what you really want is shorter teens like we've had before. If we had been given shorter teens from the start, no one would ever have wanted or talked about pre-teens. So, do you want twelve year old sims (because pre means before, so before teens which is twelve) or shorter teens? Trick question because we will be getting neither of them.

So now your trying to think for me don't assume what I want. See you don't read what people just explained to you again I don't want shorter teens I wanted Preteens since Sims 2 and teens weren't as tall as they were today right? I could care less about the teens being tall I had no problem with them I'm not talking about how they added toddlers now in Sims 4 this how I know you don't pay attention to what you are reading. Toddlers were added in game in Sims 2 why? Because people thought it was weird for a baby to pop up and become a kid. Elders were added because again people thought it was weird for an adult to just die when the time came. I for one want to recognize Preteens as a lifestages because the gap between a child and teen needs to be filled.
    Also yeah we haven't had Preteens in game before that's the entire point of the thread also never say never.

They are not going to go to the time, money and effort of making 12 year old sims. And unless you play with aging off, they won't stay 12 long enough to enjoy all the "cool" new features you seem to think they will bring.

Again how do you know, do you work for EA? Do you actually know what's going on the office? Once I get a confirmation from the office about Preteens not coming than I will believe but if they don't say anything I can speculate and come up with ideas all I want.

If you have been paying attention over the years, you know EA doesn't confirm or deny future packs including possible life stages. People demanded toddlers and EA never said one word, one way or the other about whether or not we would ever get them. They were a surprise. Your surprise will be all the wasted time asking for something that will never happen.
  • Options

I disagree. If they can put all their time, money, and effort into pets and toddlers they can put all their time, money, and efforts into preteens. Silly excuse.

Pets and toddlers were planned from the start and have been in past versions of the game. You are asking for a new life stage that has never been done before because it already exists as children. Pre-teens will add absolutely no new game play that can't be done with kids or teens. You want a life stage that represents one year of a sims life instead of a stage of a sims life. Wanting a height difference between kids and teens so your family "looks" better is a silly reason to push a silly idea.

I don't see children as preteens. I see them as children. Preteens are much older than that. An 8 year old sim (Child) isn't a preteen.
  • Options
    AoQEnLK.jpg

Even with a pre-teen stage, you still couldn't create that family. At best, you could do three, toddler, child, pre-teen. So if this is your reasoning, you will be greatly disappointed.

Yeah she could. The smallest child is a toddler, the three medium sized children are children, and the two tallest children are preteens.
  • Options

How is it off topic? One of the suggestions for pre-teens is for them to have crushes. There is a bug currently in the game (which has not been fixed and has been reported multiple times) that adults have romantic whims and relationships with children.
    I disagree that we need another child life state added to the sims 4, if the developers cannot even fix this bug.

Another child life state? Lmao what? Maybe they aren't for you but remember some of us want them. I want it for height gap between child and teen, and a sub for shorter teens. Why can't any of you people understand that????
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2017
    @BuzzBuzz

A child is classified as anyone under the age of 18. Are you really that dense or are you just purposely acting that dumb?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @BuzzBuzz

A child is classified as anyone under the age of 18. Are you really that dense or are you just purposely acting that dumb?

Yes, I am. I'm really dense and dumb. 2+2 is 5, right? 8 year olds are toddlers? 13 year olds are adults? I'm sorry for being sooooo dumb. Ha ha, I think is vice versa. You are the one acting dumb. Anyone over 13 is not a child but a teenager. A child is classified as someone under 12. Anyone under 18 is a MINOR. A child is a person between birth and below the age of puberty or someone's son or daughter. Do some educational research.
    Mock your own intelligence first before you do it to somebody else.
  • Options

Again how do you know, do you work for EA? Do you actually know what's going on the office? Once I get a confirmation from the office about Preteens not coming than I will believe but if they don't say anything I can speculate and come up with ideas all I want.

If you have been paying attention over the years, you know EA doesn't confirm or deny future packs including possible life stages. People demanded toddlers and EA never said one word, one way or the other about whether or not we would ever get them. They were a surprise. Your surprise will be all the wasted time asking for something that will never happen.

Ok and so I can waste my time all I want asking for Pre-teens it might not come on this game but at least the devs will know some people have an interest for Pre-teens maybe in the future they will add in Sims 5 if we ever have a Sims 5 but until then Let me waste my time in peace what's it to you?
  • Options

It was reported again in the bugs section of this forum on November 25th and that report includes a very creepy screenshot of a step parent getting a whim to flirt with his stepson.

My current family does not have children, so I haven't seen it in my game for awhile, but obviously it is still in the coding of the game.
    Even though a guru was tagged, nobody from EA responded. It was advised to "ignore" it.

I haven't seen no such thing in my game so this is news to me. Hopefully that person can get it fixed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top