Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    @chesterbigbird thank you. To be safe I switched it to the Samsung 860 EVO sata while I was waiting for your response and before it shipped. It's 500 gb. Can i keep my OS on the PCIe and download the sims to the SATA?

Yes keep OS on your current SSD (that should be PCIe.. but who knows at this pont LOL)
    Install the sims to the new one.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    BrittlorcruzBrittlorcruz Posts: 29 New Member
    @chesterbigbird lol it looks like you can use either/or so if I have one of each I should be safe
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird the sata was much cheaper too so I'm happy bout that
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @chesterbigbird lol it looks like you can use either/or so if I have one of each I should be safe

If not return it and get the other.. lol sorry not much help because it's conflicting information.
    Just to confirm you did get the M.2 sata correct?
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-EVO-Internal-MZ-N5E500BW/dp/B00TGIW1XG
    and not this :
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E500B-AM/dp/B00OBRE5UE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EAETMC7FFVDGW6K9AZM3
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird yup
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird the 2800 m.2
  • Options
    Hi everyone. So I got my computer and I'm trying to cap the fps but it isn't working... I have vsync AND nvidia inspector activated
  • Options
    LyssaBoByssaLyssaBoByssa Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been trying to figure out this issue, and I am only finding old threads about it. When I loaded into my sims game today, my sims picture was gone, all the moodlets disappeared, and I couldn't view any other information. I have tried copying the household and moving back in. Copying the town game, and trying that. I was able to get it to work when I copied the household and evicted the old one. Although I lost the relationship I had made in University. So I went back to university to make the relationship again, and when I came back to my normal town, the issue started again. I do not have any mods installed. This all happened after I updated origin. I have also tried repairing the game on origin. I would post a picture if I could...
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hi everyone. So I got my computer and I'm trying to cap the fps but it isn't working... I have vsync AND nvidia inspector activated
    There are two settings on Inspector to meddle with. Click on the toolbox icon next to the driver version in the middle of the screen to get to them. Use either the Global profile or the one for TS3. Change Vertical Sync in Section 2 on the right to "Force On" (if it doesn't say that already) and Frame Rate Limiter at the top of the same section to 60 or the actual refresh rate of your monitor if it is higher. Many players forget the second step, but it tends to be required.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I have been trying to figure out this issue, and I am only finding old threads about it. When I loaded into my sims game today, my sims picture was gone, all the moodlets disappeared, and I couldn't view any other information. I have tried copying the household and moving back in. Copying the town game, and trying that. I was able to get it to work when I copied the household and evicted the old one. Although I lost the relationship I had made in University. So I went back to university to make the relationship again, and when I came back to my normal town, the issue started again. I do not have any mods installed. This all happened after I updated origin. I have also tried repairing the game on origin. I would post a picture if I could...
    Hi there. It sounds to me like your save file is corrupt to some extent. Do you have an earlier instance of this save that you can revert to?

Origin and Repair Game have nothing to do with this, I'm afraid. At least, not directly. Those are only concerned with the way in which the game starts up, not actual gameplay. Repair Game on TS3 doesn't repair anything except the Origin-Launcher tie-in and Origin's management of the EP/SPs.

I understand you are not using mods, but the combination of NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Traveler to prevent the travel transition you are describing from going bad do help most of the players who use them avoid these issues. There is a way out of the Total Interface Failure glitch, but that requires two other mods (NRaas DebugEnabler and MasterController) to work and it's not guaranteed especially if your ongoing game save really is corrupt beyond a certain point.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler+FAQ#ForceHud
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Are you in full screen mode? Vsync only works in full screen unless inspector is working for windowed mode. i don't use inspector but maybe @chesterbigbird can help. Enjoy your new PC :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Are you in full screen mode? Vsync only works in full screen unless inspector is working for windowed mode. i don't use inspector but maybe @chesterbigbird can help. Enjoy your new PC :)
    Inspector will work on both full-screen and windowed modes. Technically it might be fps locking and not really "true" vertical sync, but if it works to cap the frame rates for TS3 it's usually close enough.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2017

If Inspector is not working then use Rivatuner Statistics Server
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
    Download and install the program, Select start with windows and on screen display (top left hand side)
    Put 60 in the framerate limit and medium as application detection level.
    This will work and it's a very good program.
    How did you go with the SSD upgrade?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited December 2017

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
    Download and install the program, Select start with windows and on screen display (top left hand side)
    Just to add, if I may, one thing that confuses some players about RTSS is that unlike the others it must stay running when the game is launched. If we open the RTSS control panel for any reason and "X" to close it out (instead of the down-arrow to minimize it to the system tray), then it's not running anymore even if Start With Windows is selected, for that Windows session. At least, this has been my experience.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Jacalyn_RoseJacalyn_Rose Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello, I'm having an issue with downloaded content. The other day I started sims, opened my previous played family however I received the error "content missing, items that were not found have been replaced". After searching, it appears anything that had been downloaded- not including expansions- was missing. I promptly returned to the main menu, deleted all downloaded content, and went to the store to download it again. This went over smoothly, however it appears that once I did "install" the content it did not stay this way. once I loaded my game again, the same issue appeared and items were not loading. After again returning to the menu, the items were not registered as installed!

I have windows 10

I have since learned I do have CC installed (not on purpose) I believe it came from some downloads from the sims exchange
  • Options
    Hello, I'm having an issue with downloaded content. The other day I started sims, opened my previous played family however I received the error "content missing, items that were not found have been replaced". After searching, it appears anything that had been downloaded- not including expansions- was missing. I promptly returned to the main menu, deleted all downloaded content, and went to the store to download it again. This went over smoothly, however it appears that once I did "install" the content it did not stay this way. once I loaded my game again, the same issue appeared and items were not loading. After again returning to the menu, the items were not registered as installed!
    The best approach to take when this happens is to pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop. The game will spawn a new one to take its place on the next launch. Then you can begin the process of reinstalling your store content (and worlds, mods, CC if any) on the new folder with the intent of copying your saves from the prior folder into it when finished. But test out a few items at first to make sure the new folder method is really going to work for you before spending lots of time reinstalling the content.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Jacalyn_RoseJacalyn_Rose Posts: 16 New Member
    > @igazor said:

> The best approach to take when this happens is to pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop. The game will spawn a new one to take its place on the next launch. Then you can begin the process of reinstalling your store content (and worlds, mods, CC if any) on the new folder with the intent of copying your saves from the prior folder into it when finished. But test out a few items at first to make sure the new folder method is really going to work for you before spending lots of time reinstalling the content.

I quicky tried this and although it seems to work, it also appears to remove my households. Anyway to avoid removing them completely?
  • Options
    @igazor @chesterbigbird thanks a lot!got it working
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »

Just to add, if I may, one thing that confuses some players about RTSS is that unlike the others it must stay running when the game is launched. If we open the RTSS control panel for any reason and "X" to close it out (instead of the down-arrow to minimize it to the system tray), then it's not running anymore even if Start With Windows is selected, for that Windows session. At least, this has been my experience.

I have that running in conjunction with MSI arfterburner both start on windows start up, But yes you are right it needs to be running.
    Once you have configured RivaTuner there is no need to really touch it once started.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    I have that running in conjunction with MSI arfterburner both start on windows start up, But yes you are right it needs to be running. Once you have configured RivaTuner there is no need to really touch it once started.
    Wait a minute. Are you seriously telling me not to fiddle around with software that's already installed and running as it should? You mean like, just leave it alone? Oh...I don't think that's possible. The need to mess around with and fix things that aren't broken is genetic (or something). Gonna have to go lie down and think about this for a while. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    > @igazor said:

> The best approach to take when this happens is to pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop. The game will spawn a new one to take its place on the next launch. Then you can begin the process of reinstalling your store content (and worlds, mods, CC if any) on the new folder with the intent of copying your saves from the prior folder into it when finished. But test out a few items at first to make sure the new folder method is really going to work for you before spending lots of time reinstalling the content.

I quicky tried this and although it seems to work, it also appears to remove my households. Anyway to avoid removing them completely?
    Oh yes, sorry. I should have been more clear.

If by households you mean your ongoing saved games in progress, those would be in the Saves folder back in the TS3 game folder that I suggested pulling out. If you mean your saved households in the Household Bin as viewed through Edit Town, those would be files in the Library folder of the pulled out one; some of those will be saved lots but it's impossible to tell from the file names in the Library folder which are which. And any individual sims saved as templates in CAS would be under SavedSims.

Any or all of these can be copied back from the original game folder into the corresponding subfolders of your new game folder, once you get all of your content re-installed on the new one, and should still be usable.

The point of re-installing all of your content first before restoring the saved games, households, lots, and sims is so that random object and CAS part substitutions do not happen during the interim, before all of your content is back in place.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I have that running in conjunction with MSI arfterburner both start on windows start up, But yes you are right it needs to be running. Once you have configured RivaTuner there is no need to really touch it once started.
    Wait a minute. Are you seriously telling me not to fiddle around with software that's already installed and running as it should? You mean like, just leave it alone? Oh...I don't think that's possible. The need to mess around with and fix things that aren't broken is genetic (or something). Gonna have to go lie down and think about this for a while. :p

LMAO
    I was the very same once, But i have learnt to leave things alone if they are not broken.
    However i still do tinker with the hardware :p No major accidents yet LOL
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    LyssaBoByssaLyssaBoByssa Posts: 2 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    >
    >
    > Hi there. It sounds to me like your save file is corrupt to some extent. Do you have an earlier instance of this save that you can revert to?
    >
    > Origin and Repair Game have nothing to do with this, I'm afraid. At least, not directly. Those are only concerned with the way in which the game starts up, not actual gameplay. Repair Game on TS3 doesn't repair anything except the Origin-Launcher tie-in and Origin's management of the EP/SPs.
    >
    > I understand you are not using mods, but the combination of NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Traveler to prevent the travel transition you are describing from going bad do help most of the players who use them avoid these issues. There is a way out of the Total Interface Failure glitch, but that requires two other mods (NRaas DebugEnabler and MasterController) to work and it's not guaranteed especially if your ongoing game save really is corrupt beyond a certain point.

So what I ended up doing was making a whole new game. Luckily I only had 6 hours played on the one that went corrupt. Is there some way I can guarantee this won't happen again? I would hate to get a few generations in and have this happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So what I ended up doing was making a whole new game. Luckily I only had 6 hours played on the one that went corrupt. Is there some way I can guarantee this won't happen again? I would hate to get a few generations in and have this happen.
    Oh, I'm sorry that happened but 6 hours of gameplay lost isn't as bad as it might have been.

This game is delicate and sorry, there are no guarantees. This or something just as awful might happen again after another 6 hours of play or less. Or 6 months, or never, it's impossible to say. The best advice we can give, if you aren't forcing your hardware to run more than it can really handle, is to Save AS (not regular Save, not Save & Quit) often and change the name of the game save slightly each time by appending a number or the date, something like that, to the end of your saved game name. That way you always have a collection of relatively recent saves to revert to should something go wrong with the most current one that makes the game unplayable.

There are more performance enhancing tips available on this page. Some of them require mod usage, others do not.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+For+Better+Game+Performance

And again, if not averse to using mods, NRaas mods such as Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Traveler (and a few others) help add stability to what can be an otherwise unstable game. Not everyone has this kind of success story of course, but I've been playing the same ongoing save for over six years now, my sims travel like maniacs, and while things do glitch up in minor ways occasionally, it's all just fine. Without the mods, this ongoing game would have imploded on me years ago.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    edited December 2017
    So, my sims living in a high rise apartment got some bills. When my sim went to go pay them, he got the footprints thought bubble. Is there anyway to fix this, or at least another way to pay bills besides using the actual mailbox?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top