Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i love that the neibors whos name i can't rember the ones who run the store are willing to help her get things back together on the farm. i also love that rather than sell it willow decied to keep it. i'm reading a chapter at a time so this might be posted by me already.

but only one holiday to go. thanksgiving wasn't bad . weird without dad but Brian came and i got all the company leftovers. company was my aunt uncle .

and christmas my brother gets the girls. which might make it less weird. they kind of remind me of ayden they don't like to hear the word no either.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited December 2017
    i love that the neibors whos name i can't rember the ones who run the store are willing to help her get things back together on the farm. i also love that rather than sell it willow decied to keep it. i'm reading a chapter at a time so this might be posted by me already.

but only one holiday to go. thanksgiving wasn't bad . weird without dad but Brian came and i got all the company leftovers. company was my aunt uncle .

and christmas my brother gets the girls. which might make it less weird. they kind of remind me of ayden they don't like to hear the word no either.

Haha. "No. " Sounds like my kitty.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Better late than never I just finished reading @Simcraft81 's story. There aren't any discussion questions but I really did enjoy it. I see that it is a prequel to another story so I will be putting those stories on my reading list. I did enjoy it and found the ending very exciting. Snowy weekend over here so getting caught up, reading @Arrowleaf 's story next and will answer discussion questions. After that I plan to get caught up with @friendsfan367 and finish @AdamsEve1231 If I have some time left.

I do hope that everyone is doing well and is enjoying the weekend.
  • Options
    Better late than never I just finished reading @Simcraft81 's story. There aren't any discussion questions but I really did enjoy it. I see that it is a prequel to another story so I will be putting those stories on my reading list. I did enjoy it and found the ending very exciting. Snowy weekend over here so getting caught up, reading @Arrowleaf 's story next and will answer discussion questions. After that I plan to get caught up with @friendsfan367 and finish @AdamsEve1231 If I have some time left.

i won't have a new update til after work so your probably caught up . but since i write on weekends because i work the entire weekend i'll probably start wwiting again today. but i have to go to work first :'(
  • Options
    okay that made no sense but i have work and a slight allergy problem.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I am sorry to say that I am way behind and have a lot of catching up to do. I do have to apologize because I'm not the type to get this behind. Life got hectic so I couldn't keep up here and I know you posted some updates. I'm hoping to get all caught up this weekend and I will be ready for your new update.

@Arrowleaf I just went over the legacy challenge you are using for the story and those type of challenges I love to play myself. I'm looking forward to reading the story.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I am sorry to say that I am way behind and have a lot of catching up to do. I do have to apologize because I'm not the type to get this behind. Life got hectic so I couldn't keep up here and I know you posted some updates. I'm hoping to get all caught up this weekend and I will be ready for your new update.

@Arrowleaf I just went over the legacy challenge you are using for the story and those type of challenges I love to play myself. I'm looking forward to reading the story.

me too. i haven't adjusted to my new work schedule yet so i'm way behind on both reading and writing. with reading i would ty and read at leat 2. but now i cut that back to 1. because by the time i get home my eyes are almost closed. i live 10 minutes from work but when i go in its light out when i come back its either pitch dark or getting there.

but you did remind me i said i wanted to write today.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Believe me I have been there/done that. I used to work retail and during this time of the year if I wasn't working I was too dead tired to do anything. It was like a personal life was non existent. I just finished @Arrowleaf 's story so I need to catch up with yours next.

@Arrowleaf I'm up to date with your legacy and I really did enjoy it. I love drama's revolving around strong female leads so this story is right up my alley. Usually it is my practice to comment on as many chapters as possible but I really need to catch up right now so I decided just to answer the questions. I will most likely comment now that I am up to date.

1. Who is your favorite character and why?

This one was easy for me. I just love Willow. In the face of such tragedy she continues to move on with her life and remain strong.

2. What are your general thoughts about the story or favorite parts? I had a couple of favorite parts. I loved when she was baby sitting Jason and he was helping her with the gardening. Christopher coming to surprise her with an apology and some flowers made that chapter even more sweeter. I loved the time when Christopher and Christina took her to the ice cream parlor so she can sample the fruits of her own labors and the last one was shopping for the bridal dress. I had one of those mothers who had their own opinions on what was appropriate for church too.

3. What would you say are points of action or driving plot points of this story?

The double murder is definitely keeping me interested in the story along with Willow's struggle to deal with the aftermath and rebuild her life after such a tragedy.

4. Any future predictions?

I feel the murder case is far from being solved. Willow's first instinct was that Carson didn't commit the murder and I happen to agree with her.

• Options
    @friendsfan367 Believe me I have been there/done that. I used to work retail and during this time of the year if I wasn't working I was too dead tired to do anything. It was like a personal life was non existent. I just finished @Arrowleaf 's story so I need to catch up with yours next.

@Arrowleaf I'm up to date with your legacy and I really did enjoy it. I love drama's revolving around strong female leads so this story is right up my alley. Usually it is my practice to comment on as many chapters as possible but I really need to catch up right now so I decided just to answer the questions. I will most likely comment now that I am up to date.

1. Who is your favorite character and why?

This one was easy for me. I just love Willow. In the face of such tragedy she continues to move on with her life and remain strong.

2. What are your general thoughts about the story or favorite parts? I had a couple of favorite parts. I loved when she was baby sitting Jason and he was helping her with the gardening. Christopher coming to surprise her with an apology and some flowers made that chapter even more sweeter. I loved the time when Christopher and Christina took her to the ice cream parlor so she can sample the fruits of her own labors and the last one was shopping for the bridal dress. I had one of those mothers who had their own opinions on what was appropriate for church too.

3. What would you say are points of action or driving plot points of this story?

The double murder is definitely keeping me interested in the story along with Willow's struggle to deal with the aftermath and rebuild her life after such a tragedy.

4. Any future predictions?

I feel the murder case is far from being solved. Willow's first instinct was that Carson didn't commit the murder and I happen to agree with her.

can you explain that to my mom. she thinks its laziness. i was sick the week before last and i fell last week which she knew because we were going home after picking me up.

i'm not up to date yet i want to get my triplets potty trained . well not mine noels and laurens i would probably die. they had fun making the triplets now i'm doing all the work.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I actually didn't have that much to catch up with on yours. I'm sorry to hear about what the mod did to your game. I did catch up on the chapters you did have written.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I actually didn't have that much to catch up with on yours. I'm sorry to hear about what the mod did to your game. I did catch up on the chapters you did have written.

writing tonight. i know i said that last night i mean it this time though.
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member

@Piazzagirl1015 I’m happy to hear you enjoyed it. I really just wanted general feedback. It’s the hardest I’ve worked on a short story and just hoped I succeeded in captivating the reader :)
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Hey guys! Thank you all for reading and answering the questions on my story. I really appreciate it. This last week was hectic and I didn't have time to get on the forums at all really. I'm so sorry about my lack of activity (again).

1. What inspired you to write the story?
    Ah, my time in a small town in Florida called Liveoak inspired the story. Most of the characters are based on people who lived there, though their lives are different.

2. What's your gameplay style and how does this influence your writing?
    I typically only allow gameplay to affect the story a little bit. If I'm having trouble choosing a spouse I will let the sim choose, for example, and the number of children/genders of the children/if there are twins or triplets are all decided by the game as well. Otherwise, all other plot points are dictated by me and the plan I have for the story.

3. How do you plan your chapters?
    I typically have a very small outline for each chapter (a sentence or two, such as Chapter One: Will goes back home for the first time. Remembers her childhood and decides to stay.) Otherwise, I'm winging it. I think it really hinders me though and I wish I was better at planning/outlining.

4. Who is your favorite character and why?
    Jay is my favorite character. I like guys who don't take themselves too seriously and find humor in fart jokes. ^_^

5. What changes and/or plans do you have for the future (if you're willing to share)?
    The second generation will really test Willow's faith. She'll struggle to keep ties to her family, which is the most important thing to her, because individuals in her family will be pitted against each other.

6. Anything you'd like us (the readers) to comment on or discuss?
    I'm a little curious if there is anything you guys would like me to focus more or less on? I have a hard time pacing and I wonder if there is anything that you guys would like to know about or anything that is dragging too much. :]

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @friendsfan367 Take care of yourself first and foremost! Reading and writing will always be there. Don't let it stress you. I used to work the retail life and it was... insane during the holidays. Try to rest despite what your mother might say. Some people don't understand because they never worked it (or it has been such a long time that they have forgotten).
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 What @Arrowleaf said about working retail is so right. I've worked many jobs and none is as stressful as retail and during the holidays the stress level is 10 times worse. My Thanksgiving/Black Friday schedules used to be 6 PM thru 2 AM on Thursday and back in for another shift at 7 AM-7PM on Friday. Then there is a month of 10-12 hour shifts ahead. All of that done while standing on my feet. By the end of the holiday season I'm drained. Last year right after the holidays we went straight into liquidation sales which was Black Friday type work but harder. This is why I'm still out of work because I refuse to return to retail. I'm not sure if you are working retail or if your mother has but I have found that someone who has never worked retail in their lives doesn't understand how difficult the job actually is. If your body is telling you to rest than you should.

@Simcraft81 You certainly did succeed in captivating the reader. I'm going to read more from your blog but I just want to get caught up with everyone else first.

@Arrowleaf It happens we all get busy every once in a while and if you are working retail I know you will be busy during these weeks.

Now that you mentioned that Generation 2 will be testing Willow's faith I'll be looking forward to it. As for anything I would like to see more of mostly the case against Carson and if he is really the killer. I have doubts because of Willow's first reaction when she seen him.
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    I agree100% Retail can be very stressful!
  • Options
    parents are so weird sometimes. my mom is at that age where shes hard to shop for so i usually get her cards for her birthday and mothers day. but i recently bought this latern shaped flashlight called the atomic beam. and mom liked it. whats weird is someone returned one to target so i got it for mom. and when i texted her she was excited.

my orginal was to wrap it and stick it under the tree from dad but i thought it might be to soon. so now i'm a hero.
  • Options
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Thats so sweet and I hope your Mom enjoys her present.

its more of i know you want this gift. plus its the first year she won't have something from dad.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey everyone, I kinda dropped the ball this month. I got sick and this is my final week of grad school. I'll have more time next week to devote to the circle.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 No worries you take care of what you need to first. I do hope that you are feeling better soon and I wish you the best of luck on your exams.