Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on Cats And Dogs

Comments

• Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    After scolding/lecturing your dog about something, you can "beg to stop..." him if he immediately repeats the bad behavior. :D

6D4eWRu.png?1
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    KixxinghaeKixxinghae Posts: 20 Member
    Doesn anyone know why my pet dog won’t be nice to the other pets, but being nice to other sims works everytime?
  • Options
    > @sexierjess17 said:
    > Do we still need the maid NPC since there is the robot cleaner? (just wondering - trying to save some simoleans HAHAHA)

My robot cleaner won’t clean puddles though, or is it just can’t?
  • Options
    > @Tanja1986 said:
    > Did you know that there are Squirrels in the game? I just saw one running away from the bushes! <3 So cute!

Well squirrels bit my pet dog in the woohoo bush and made him sick that I needed to bring him to vet
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I have seen a couple of people post that their pets got abducted by aliens. For one person it was a cat. I don't know if this is a glitch or intentional though.
  • Options
    LunajaguarLunajaguar Posts: 3 New Member
    You can travel and bring stray cats or dogs that you have met, and if you travel that way to your own house they come in and hang out in your house. I have a sim who loves cats and made her house have the cat lot trait that makes strays come visit, so she has a lot of stray cats she takes care of with food bowls and litterboxes in her yard (I'm not sure why stray cats won't just go in the yard ... but they won't).
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    My robot vacuum just cleaned up a hair ball on the floor :D
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    Kixxinghae wrote: »
    > @sexierjess17 said:
    > Do we still need the maid NPC since there is the robot cleaner? (just wondering - trying to save some simoleans HAHAHA)

My robot cleaner won’t clean puddles though, or is it just can’t?

You need to upgrade it.
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Did you know that when a cat is riding a roomba while wearing the shark hat...

... does absolutely nothing?

I remember the gurus made a big thing of this like something mindblowing would happen. I kinda expected that nothing would happen, but maybe my sim would at least get a moodlet from it. But nope, nothing at all happened. :'(

I guess they just thought it was a fun little thing, I dunno. I recall them mentioning this in the gameplay livestream and also in a news blog. Don't know why they made such a big deal out if it, when nothing happens :o
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    37607065155_1e5942d52c_b.jpg
    Found that dog there and adopted her, she was a good dog then decided to attack one of my cats so we put her up for adoption.
    38568245006_5aea3283b8_b.jpg
    Her man was really upset losing her so I had her go look for another dog and she really was put up she didn't just go into the void, didn't know that happened I haven't gotten rid of a dog and checked there before. The other dog they had to get rid of is not there I noticed.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    bfletcher15bfletcher15 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is a confirmed thing or not but I'm pretty sure kittens cannot climb stairs.... (this was probably common sense but I just got cats and dogs)
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited November 2017
    whales cool, but with all this water when are our sims going to be able to swim in these bodies of water again ( if ever in Sims 4 )
    edit; btw Brindleton Bay looks awesome, will buy that, and may even get a dog or cat, but all these bodies of water are making me yearn to go for a public dip or lay out on the beach again ( and some of the other water activities our Sims are able to do in Sims 3, sucker for coastal living :) )
    Playing with pets in Sims 2, those dogs digging holes in the yard are really annoying, but its fun training them.
    And the puppies are adorable although a little bit clingy.
    (Have pets for Sims 3 but didn't install it yet)
    Time for comparing games again ! Just call me comparbot :*
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Don't leave your birthday cake on the counter if you don't want your adult cat to jump up and lick it! Had to make a new cake because that one lost the Add Birthday Candles option. Or maybe it didn't. Second cake, I had to put it in the fridge and pull it back out to get the option to show. Again.
    image.png
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Did you know there's whales that show up now and then at Cavalier Cove?

At first I thought it was a sea monster, cause I only saw the bumps in the water, so I sat there on the beach and waited until it would show up again. And then I saw it was a pod of whales, not a sea monster :p

kQgKJYu.png

Oh gosh I'm so glad you mentioned this cause I'm totally ocean/underwater creature-phobic and I would have sprinted off of my PC chair, now I know to expect it. :D
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Did you know there's whales that show up now and then at Cavalier Cove?

At first I thought it was a sea monster, cause I only saw the bumps in the water, so I sat there on the beach and waited until it would show up again. And then I saw it was a pod of whales, not a sea monster :p

kQgKJYu.png

Oh gosh I'm so glad you mentioned this cause I'm totally ocean/underwater creature-phobic and I would have sprinted off of my PC chair, now I know to expect it. :D

Omg, me too! I thought I was alone in the world, haha. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I just figured out that the light on surgery machine turns from red to green when the pet is inside and you can start to work with the machine.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Did you know, that dogs give your sims no more privacy than real dogs? :D:D
    11.png
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Did you know that when a dog gets really hungry and there's only an empty bowl in the house, it will pick up the bowl with its teeth and go wave it at its Sim? This just happened in my OH's game with his Husky.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Neigbours in Brindleton Bay come and introduce themselves with their pets. What a nice touch :)

0c8GJhH.png
  • Options
    Shelley72Shelley72 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been watching some video's of the sims 4 cats & dogs, trying to get an understanding on how to play, does anyone know if you can play as the cat or dog? Just like you do with the human sims, & is there a status where you can see what the animal's needs are?, just like the human sims, as so far with all the people I've seen play, they don't click on the animal's icon pic at the bottom of the screen, they stay as the human sim & just click on the animal & interact with it that way, giving it what it needs, can anyone explain please, thanks
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Shelley72 wrote: »
    I've been watching some video's of the sims 4 cats & dogs, trying to get an understanding on how to play, does anyone know if you can play as the cat or dog? Just like you do with the human sims, & is there a status where you can see what the animal's needs are?, just like the human sims, as so far with all the people I've seen play, they don't click on the animal's icon pic at the bottom of the screen, they stay as the human sim & just click on the animal & interact with it that way, giving it what it needs, can anyone explain please, thanks

Nope there's no default pet UI (that you can see anyway!) or controllable pet option. However I do believe a playable pets mod has been created already.
  • Options
    krg134krg134 Posts: 63 Member
    Alyza_1 wrote: »
    Will two dogs that live in the same household ever mate? I have tried several times but they don't like each other LOL

Yes! I had my two dogs mate in the same household and they had two cute little puppies :)