Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible New Supernatrual Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they could re-do all the supernatural abilities like they did the current vapires,
    a supernatural expansion pack would be lit!

Also; why does everyone keep forgetting Bonehilde?

Oh, I haven't forgotten Bonehilda. And if the hairs standing up on the back of my neck at the mention of her name means anything, she's coming back!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I do want witches, but they would do especially great to be in a 'magic' pack. All different types of magic, not just Western. So you can learn different branches of magic. More replay value. And witches aren't immortal but have longer lives than humans.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AyaFireAyaFire Posts: 12 New Member
    I'd love it if they did werewolves or witches. Supernatural was one of my fave S3 packs
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I expect that we'll get witches and mermaids. Maybe werewolves, but unless they turn full wolf on full moons this time around and terrorize the town they'll be a very dull lifestate. I'm tired of just hairy sims with sharp teeth that howl.

A new lifestate I want to see are Undeads. I'm not talking brain eating zombies, but rather Frankenstein-like Sims that had died but were brought to life again, either by technology or a magic serum or something. In order for a Sim to be an Undead, they've got to agree to "donate their body to science" before their death, and scientist sims will experiment on them and "acidentally" create monsters. Undead CAS options could include bolts and screws in head & body, stitches and bandages, heterochromia for sims, missing/detachable limbs, bones where skin should be, and etc. They could have super strength and other abilities. Just an idea I think would be cool.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's impossible to know who's next. Companies have a tendency to save the most anticipated for last. That way, even if the others are fails, people will still buy it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I expect that we'll get witches and mermaids. Maybe werewolves, but unless they turn full wolf on full moons this time around and terrorize the town they'll be a very dull lifestate. I'm tired of just hairy sims with sharp teeth that howl.

A new lifestate I want to see are Undeads. I'm not talking brain eating zombies, but rather Frankenstein-like Sims that had died but were brought to life again, either by technology or a magic serum or something. In order for a Sim to be an Undead, they've got to agree to "donate their body to science" before their death, and scientist sims will experiment on them and "acidentally" create monsters. Undead CAS options could include bolts and screws in head & body, stitches and bandages, heterochromia for sims, missing/detachable limbs, bones where skin should be, and etc. They could have super strength and other abilities. Just an idea I think would be cool.

I love your idea about the Undead! I wish zombies in TS3 had been this fleshed out; all they ever did was destroy my Sims' gardens. So as much as I liked the moon cycle for realism, I had to turn it off.

I also agree with what you said about werewolves - I only played with them a little in TS3 because hunting and howling got boring quickly and there wasn't much else to do. I don't actually remember much about them in TS2 but I think they actually looked like wolf-people (kind of like werewolves in Harry Potter, if I remember correctly).

What I really, really wish for, though, is a world like Magic Town from TS1. Let's hope it comes with one of these life states (most probably with a witches pack, I suppose).
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I also agree with what you said about werewolves - I only played with them a little in TS3 because hunting and howling got boring quickly and there wasn't much else to do. I don't actually remember much about them in TS2 but I think they actually looked like wolf-people (kind of like werewolves in Harry Potter, if I remember correctly).

What I really, really wish for, though, is a world like Magic Town from TS1. Let's hope it comes with one of these life states (most probably with a witches pack, I suppose).

I hated Zombies as well, I think most Simmers did tbh lol. Undeads would be an updated, more interesting version of them. Werewolves in TS2 and TS3 were basically extra hairy Sims that could somewhat behave like animals. With the power system we have for Vampires now, my hope is that Werewolves would be more fleshed out with unique abilities (shapeshifting into different types of wolves/dogs for example). Werecats would be a cool addition too.

Magic Town was my favorite thing about TS1! In one of the EP surveys I think they mentioned an idea similar to it but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Hope not.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I do want witches, but they would do especially great to be in a 'magic' pack. All different types of magic, not just Western. So you can learn different branches of magic. More replay value. And witches aren't immortal but have longer lives than humans.

I would so much love a general magick/witchcraft pack. As a student of hermetic occultism myself it kind of drives me crazy that the only time we get magic is when its attached to the halloween witch stereotype. Id love it if we could have ones that specialize in different paths like vampires do with different specialties and areas of study. I want to have an Atlantean temple of oracles in one save and a shamanic healer people visit in another. And maybe a rival shaman who travels the dark ways for him to have drama with.
    It would be a good way to bring genies back too because manipulating Jinn/Genies and other demons is a branch of occult magic itself.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    Got a feeling mermaids might be coming and going under that category. Maybe witches too? But as far as a Supernatural expansion, I highly doubt it, only because we've had vampires already, so they seem to be chopping up the supernatural idea and selling them seperatley.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    HugoBee wrote: »
    Got a feeling mermaids might be coming and going under that category. Maybe witches too? But as far as a Supernatural expansion, I highly doubt it, only because we've had vampires already, so they seem to be chopping up the supernatural idea and selling them seperatley.

Which is good in my opinion :) occults felt half baked before

My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > HugoBee wrote: »
    >
    > Got a feeling mermaids might be coming and going under that category. Maybe witches too? But as far as a Supernatural expansion, I highly doubt it, only because we've had vampires already, so they seem to be chopping up the supernatural idea and selling them seperatley.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Which is good in my opinion :) occults felt half baked before

Yeah, It's fantastic! They put so much more effort into them! Vampires were awesome, so I'm hoping the rest (if in existence) will be too!
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    They did a great Job at Vampires, but at the same time, they set the bar really high.
    If the next Occult is not at least equally awesome, it will be considered a failure. That puts a lot of pressure on them.
    Still, I want the Occults. At the very least Witches and Werewolves.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Since the C&D patch, dead Sims are coming back to life and moving into houses. Zombies confirmed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Dead-Sims-look-alive-in-the-familytree/m-p/6433445#M52118
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    They did a great Job at Vampires, but at the same time, they set the bar really high.
    If the next Occult is not at least equally awesome, it will be considered a failure. That puts a lot of pressure on them.
    Still, I want the Occults. At the very least Witches and Werewolves.

This.

—T
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah they condensed it a little too much Aliens aren't an occult, supernatural...

Aliens as well as Cats and Dogs, should be filed next to Human.

However I would love to see that list extend, Hoping Werewolves are next in line as the next GP, Then Sorcerers.

They could have called it "other" and that would have covered both. I approve of the condensation, as it also adds room for expansion. I want either witches or a general Magic pack where any Sim can learn magic, maybe a modernization of Makin' Magic from the original The Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    maxresdefault.jpgBM-GANDALF-2.jpg?1507881043
    Merlin_beard_5830.jpg

Please, whoever it is that is responsible for a Witches pack, make this a thing!
  • Options
    MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    edited November 2017
    Merlin_beard_5830.jpg

Please, whoever it is that is responsible for a Witches pack, make this a thing!
    I demand long beards!
    *Slams Fists on table*
    I need more stuff for my elderly folk ;¬;
    tumblr_mrbb6zEuuO1qkiyi1o1_400.gif
    Sig.png

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Fairies and werewolves would be great. Especially if they were as in-depth as the vampires.

Would they get their own neighborhoods too?
    Would werewolf town be like the neighbor to Midnight Hollow?
    Would fairy town look like Sylvan Glade?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I would love a Merlin type wizard outfit re: sword in the stone.

I just need witches. I’m good with any Supernaturals after that, the more the merrier. But I NEED witches.

—T
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If they could re-do all the supernatural abilities like they did the current vapires,
    a supernatural expansion pack would be lit!

Also; why does everyone keep forgetting Bonehilde?

I intentionally forget Bonehilde; skeletons freak me out, animated ones are one of my biggest fears.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Merlin_beard_5830.jpg

That first picture is a L'oreal advert just waiting to happen. :D
  • Options
    I am big on vampires but don't personally care for any other supernaturals, though I would buy a pack if it either came with a really nice world (ie, looks like an extension of FH) or if it added magic as a skill that my vampires could learn.
  • Options
    MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I am big on vampires but don't personally care for any other supernaturals, though I would buy a pack if it either came with a really nice world (ie, looks like an extension of FH) or if it added magic as a skill that my vampires could learn.

I think it would be neat to have that compatibility with vampires and other supernatural species. Like mix-breed almost? I think it would be pretty awesome.
    Sig.png

• Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

I think it would be neat to have that compatibility with vampires and other supernatural species. Like mix-breed almost? I think it would be pretty awesome.

It could be. I'm not one for mixed breeds, I just wouldn't want magic as a proper skill to be limited to witches, after all, vampire lore isn't limited to vampires.