Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotel Gamepack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I cant remember is hotels in sims 3?or were there never hotels?

S3 had those huge useless towers that your sim couldn't even enter. Then you still had to build rooms for your sims to rent and a restaurant for them to eat in (or a buffet table).

It was a dumb idea to be honest to let us have a hotel in the first place and basically have no control over whilst playing with our Sim.

That's why I'm hoping for a Bed & Breakfast pack. We could own it, work there, hire, fire, etc. We could build a B&B anywhere we want one and it would make a great honeymoon spot. You could build it in Granite Falls with a wedding venue facing the falls.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I cant remember is hotels in sims 3?or were there never hotels?

S3 had those huge useless towers that your sim couldn't even enter. Then you still had to build rooms for your sims to rent and a restaurant for them to eat in (or a buffet table).

It was a dumb idea to be honest to let us have a hotel in the first place and basically have no control over whilst playing with our Sim.

That's why I'm hoping for a Bed & Breakfast pack. We could own it, work there, hire, fire, etc. We could build a B&B anywhere we want one and it would make a great honeymoon spot. You could build it in Granite Falls with a wedding venue facing the falls.

Oh i like this idea too!!
  • Options
    MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    edited November 2017
    Updated Main Post With New Information.
    Sig.png

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think they should patch in a hotel lot, and a check in desk. Then I think they should make more than one vacation game pack, or make some vacation stuff packs to go along with vacation game packs. With each vacation pack they could add 5 lots like they did with outdoor retreat. You should be able to put any commercial lot you want in each of the five lots. Say they make a tropical vacation (patching in ocean swimming as well). You could have 5 lots on an island with all of them touching the ocean. Since hotel lots have been patched in you could have a hotel on one lot with a lounge on another lot, and a restaurant on a third lot, etc. or if you wanted 5 hotels you could put a hotel on each lot. They could also add stuff packs which would be very useful with vacations..... such as a Las Vegas Stuff pack which has a slot machine (with various colors and designs so you can have varied machines), a poker table, a cr ‘p table, and a roulette wheel. You could have an amusement stuff pack with fair games, a ride stuff pack with rides or a game pack with rides and fair games. Kind of like the way you can combine LEGO packs. And of course we need a long buffer table, it would be nice to have more than one each having different items. While they are patching in hotels maybe they could patch in a B&B lot or add it with a game pack. a small buffet table with pastries, and another small table with breakfast items ( eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.) would be great added to a pack also. Another game pack with cars and sight seeing lots would be great ( a mechanic career, and tinkering with a cars could also be added if they patched in cars, you could even add a filling station/ mechanic/repair lot.) I love the idea someone had of giving lots traits, kid friendly, romantic, etc. There are so many things they could do with vacations. A tropical paradise, a winter wonderland, a Mediterranean cruise, an amusement park vacation, a zoo vacation, even an adventurous vacation along the amazon, or a trip to the Egyptian pyramids, the ideas are countless, they already have outdoor retreat. They really need to patch in a hotel lot though....one you can build your own hotels, not like city living.
  • Options
    MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I think they should patch in a hotel lot, and a check in desk. Then I think they should make more than one vacation game pack, or make some vacation stuff packs to go along with vacation game packs. With each vacation pack they could add 5 lots like they did with outdoor retreat. You should be able to put any commercial lot you want in each of the five lots. Say they make a tropical vacation (patching in ocean swimming as well). You could have 5 lots on an island with all of them touching the ocean. Since hotel lots have been patched in you could have a hotel on one lot with a lounge on another lot, and a restaurant on a third lot, etc. or if you wanted 5 hotels you could put a hotel on each lot. They could also add stuff packs which would be very useful with vacations..... such as a Las Vegas Stuff pack which has a slot machine (with various colors and designs so you can have varied machines), a poker table, a cr ‘p table, and a roulette wheel. You could have an amusement stuff pack with fair games, a ride stuff pack with rides or a game pack with rides and fair games. Kind of like the way you can combine LEGO packs. And of course we need a long buffer table, it would be nice to have more than one each having different items. While they are patching in hotels maybe they could patch in a B&B lot or add it with a game pack. a small buffet table with pastries, and another small table with breakfast items ( eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.) would be great added to a pack also. Another game pack with cars and sight seeing lots would be great ( a mechanic career, and tinkering with a cars could also be added if they patched in cars, you could even add a filling station/ mechanic/repair lot.) I love the idea someone had of giving lots traits, kid friendly, romantic, etc. There are so many things they could do with vacations. A tropical paradise, a winter wonderland, a Mediterranean cruise, an amusement park vacation, a zoo vacation, even an adventurous vacation along the amazon, or a trip to the Egyptian pyramids, the ideas are countless, they already have outdoor retreat. They really need to patch in a hotel lot though....one you can build your own hotels, not like city living.

All of this sounds great and all but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves with a vacation expansion pack. If possible, I would like to try and keep this hotel base only? But I love the ideas you have in there and defiantly something to consider <3
    Sig.png

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes, I agree. They should be separate packs. You should be able to build a B&B in any world or vacation world. Here is my Fawlty Towers B&B that I'm working on now. Almost done.

005612.png