Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    :D I'm all, completely for the consoles, mainly to be able to play siting on a couch or in a comfy swivel rocker instead of at a desk in an office chair. If you enjoy Black Friday shopping, which I don't, because of the crowds, I saw on tv that Toys R Us and Walmart are selling ps 4's for 199., even cheaper than used and rebuilt consoles from the game shops, which are 249. They might also be having sales on the games; heard something about that but didn't catch it. But I'm all for the consoles, have never played a game on a computer because I do web design and love building houses on the Sims games -- both taking lots of time. I know I'm probably biased, and I hope you get more answers here.

I just say if we can go to another room and be more comfortable, when we can, why not.

> @Le0Heart said:
    > How do you guys feel about completely switching over to PS4? I've been playing on PC for years and was dying for a console version and now that it's available I'm not 100 sure about making that jump especially since all the money I paid for the DLC to have to buy them again. I def would have to upgrade my laptop if I decide not to
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about completely switching over to PS4? I've been playing on PC for years and was dying for a console version and now that it's available I'm not 100 sure about making that jump especially since all the money I paid for the DLC to have to buy them again. I def would have to upgrade my laptop if I decide not to
    Honestly if you are already able to play sims , don’t do the switch yet. Especially if you have a lot of dlc. I think the console version is great for people that do not have high end graphics on pc and dealt with graphics crashes constantly (me) it gives us the way to have a great sims 4 experience without having to worry about low graphics settings. Now is the console version perfect? Of course not. But neither is the pc version. I haven’t had a issue with saving, i manually save every time. I don’t depend on auto save but i have checked auto save it’s its been saving but i don’t rely on it. I’m playing my game on the Xbox one, it has a few glitches here and there but nothing unbearable. I’ve spent at least 38 hours playing since i got my preorder. And nothing drastic has happened to me. I’m enjoying it so much and cannot wait until new content switches over. Now if your laptop can’t handle the game anymore and instead of purchasing a new laptop then YES switch over. The controls are definitely a learning curve. But now i feel like it’s second nature and i can play the game comfortably and build. It does take patience at first because i was so used to the pc feel. But I’m so glad i didn’t give up on the controls cause now it’s so easy. :smile:
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I thought on console the game wouldn't crash. I guess I was wrong. I was hoping it would be more stable on console then it is on pc.Next time my game crashes I'm going to write down the error number and report it to SimGuruNick.

I've played over 40 hours and it hasn't crashed a single time.

This game is just fine.

Youre obviously a troll looking for attention.

Sad
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    How do you guys feel about completely switching over to PS4? I've been playing on PC for years and was dying for a console version and now that it's available I'm not 100 sure about making that jump especially since all the money I paid for the DLC to have to buy them again. I def would have to upgrade my laptop if I decide not to

I actually intended to until i actually played the console version. In terms of visuals i actually prefer my pc. If anything its just showcased that the game doesnt look that bad on my pc which i always thought was rubbish but actually isnt that bad. Im going to still jump in and play every so often on console but in terms of what version i will be playing more it will be pc. I also dont think i will be buying any dlc on console as like you have said yourself i already iown it all on pc.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member

PS4 version is awesome. I play it for hours.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I thought on console the game wouldn't crash. I guess I was wrong. I was hoping it would be more stable on console then it is on pc.Next time my game crashes I'm going to write down the error number and report it to SimGuruNick.

This game is just fine.

Sad

Oh ok whatever. Even SimGuruNick said their working on fixes for the crashes on the console version but whatever you think what you want. You're game will crash on you. It just hasn't yet.

Let me ask you something. Are all the other people complaining about crashes trolls as well? You know you're wrong. I'm one of the kindest people on this forum. Also I'm honest. I don't make up stories just to get attention. My game crashed when I was panning the camera on the PS4 Version. Why would I lie about that? I'm not the kind that seeks attention.

Ask Simsfan99111 how many crashes he's had on the ps4.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:

This game is just fine.

Sad

Oh ok whatever. Even SimGuruNick said their working on fixes for the crashes on the console version but whatever you think what you want. You're game will crash on you. It just hasn't yet.

Let me ask you something. Are all the other people complaining about crashes trolls as well? You know you're wrong. I'm one of the kindest people on this forum. Also I'm honest. I don't make up stories just to get attention. My game crashed when I was panning the camera on the PS4 Version. Why would I lie about that? I'm not the kind that seeks attention.

Ask Simsfan99111 how many crashes he's had on the ps4.

Yup ive had about 4 or 5 crashes. May even be more. And just ignore that user, we all know your not a troll nor are you looking for attention. :smile:
  • Options
    I’ve had one crash and i play on Xbox one so, it’s possible. But i also had crashes on my pc as well so it’s something i look over. I save the game religiously so it’s no harm done. I do hope the patch update comes soon for saving issues and crashes people have had. It would really tick me off. I’m just happy to be able to play the game again. :blush: the game has only been out for a week so I’m being patient. I mean when the sims 4 came out on pc we all had to be patient with that as well lol.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited November 2017
    > @catloverplayer said:

This game is just fine.

Sad

Why you are flaming? So what your game has not crashed, can you vouch for everyone else? I don't think so.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Patch for save issues goes live tomorrow
  • Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    Yes that is great news for sure, thank you!
    The only bad thing going on with mine happens in building. When I added a second bathroom, then put the flooring down, I laid down one too many squares. Then used the sledgehammer to delete that one square. Instant click and the entire bathroom was gone -- shower, commode, sink and floor, entirely, down to the grass. Crazy thing, could see the brick foundation where I had raised the house.

The next time it happened, I had gone to the top of stairs to lay floor for upstairs. Three clicks for new upper floor and they all three went downstairs. Used sledgehammer again, and first click the entire big room disappeared -- tv, couch computer on desk, fridge stove, counters, table and chairs, oh and a chess set with two chairs, just wiped clean, empty. Must be a glitch. On PS3, when things went wrong, you could press L1 immediately and undo things in build mode. Is there a function like that on ps4? If so, please tell me. I didn't save, just shut down and lost lots of good work. Oh well, I'm learning, lol. Just sad now so saying goodnight to all things Sims.
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    My game crashed again yesterday. This is the second time. Luckily I've been saving as often as I can.
    Another thing I noticed is that my screen started flickering a lot at some point. I think I was in build mode when that happened.
  • Options
    Bodybag160Bodybag160 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-16168777"]I thought on console the game wouldn't crash. I guess I was wrong. I was hoping it would be more stable on console then it is on pc.Next time my game crashes I'm going to write down the error number and report it to SimGuruNick.[/quote]

Honestly im having the same issue too, it sucks because i can still play in build mode but once i try to play with the people i created, the game crashes. It only started happening when i added a 3rd person to my family, until that i was able to play normally besides the whole saving issues thing.
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’m having a heck of a time with the speed controls. Anyone else having this issue? When sims go to sleep the speed controls start bugging out. I’m on xbox one.
  • Options
    I’m having a heck of a time with the speed controls. Anyone else having this issue? When sims go to sleep the speed controls start bugging out. I’m on xbox one.

Yes
    PS4 speed 3 isn't that fast.
  • Options

Yes
    PS4 speed 3 isn't that fast.

I posted a video on twitter of the hyper speed mess. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to keep your needs bar up while playing? Every time I check their carrier menu, it becomes a guessing game of which button will leave the needs bar up.
  • Options
    Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    Does anyone know how to keep your needs bar up while playing? Every time I check their carrier menu, it becomes a guessing game of which button will leave the needs bar up.

For Xbox one you press down on the right analog stick while the needs menu is open
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well alright EA, thank you for the patch. This was indeed a very fast emergency patch. Now I can continue to Play on console as well. Good.

Anyway: Yes, CLP is right. I've had 3 crashes now on console (~20 hours played) until now, two were caused because I completed the Mixologyst Aspiration of my sim and for some reason the game couldn't handle that and "glitched out" eventually. I didn't bother to try it a third time at this Point. Compared to the PC Version: 2025 hours played, 10 gb mods/custom Content, Looks 10 times better, runs 10 times better and 0 (Zero) crashes.

Hopefully they are working on a huge patch in the background, though. There are still way to many Bugs and issues in the game :/ .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Well alright EA, thank you for the patch. This was indeed a very fast emergency patch. Now I can continue to Play on console as well. Good.

Anyway: Yes, CLP is right. I've had 3 crashes now on console (~20 hours played) until now, two were caused because I completed the Mixologyst Aspiration of my sim and for some reason the game couldn't handle that and "glitched out" eventually. I didn't bother to try it a third time at this Point. Compared to the PC Version: 2025 hours played, 10 gb mods/custom Content, Looks 10 times better, runs 10 times better and 0 (Zero) crashes.

Hopefully they are working on a huge patch in the background, though. There are still way to many Bugs and issues in the game :/ .

• Options
    JoyJoy Posts: 3 New Member
    I just started playing Sims 4 on Xbox one x.
    I am trying to create my first sim.
    I shaped the face and body while choosing a sleep outfit and when I return to default or any another outfit category, like everyday or athletic, the face, hair, and I think the body too is the same as the sim looked before I created the face and body I wanted.
    How do I get her to look the way I chose in every clothing category and also when I start to play the game?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Joy wrote: »
    I just started playing Sims 4 on Xbox one x.
    I shaped the face and body while choosing a sleep outfit and when I return to default or any another outfit category, like everyday or athletic, the face, hair, and I think the body too is the same as the sim looked before I created the face and body I wanted.
    How do I get her to look the way I chose in every clothing category and also when I start to play the game?
    Thanks.
    That’s definitely a bug it should stay the same throughout every clothing set especially the body type and face. What system are you using?

• Options
    JoyJoy Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="rekandtrs;c-16181889"][quote="Joy;c-16181867"]I just started playing Sims 4 on Xbox one x.
    Thanks.[/quote]
    That’s definitely a bug it should stay the same throughout every clothing set especially the body type and face. What system are you using?

[/quote]

I am using Xbox one x.
  • Options
    MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Entering a books name and description is messed up. The description ends up overwriting the title.
    Then I end up with this long description for a title, and a description that says, 'Book about Sci-Fi' or what have you.
    The only time this didn't happen was for first book, a short story.
    Obviously a bug. On XBox One. Installed Vampire, Glamour, City and Patio.
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    CAS bugged out on me last night after 4+ hours of working on a Sim. I saw someone on the EA technical forums having similar problems. My suggestion is make sure to save your Sim to your library FIRST after doing some general appearance editing, then do outfits and more, and resave. This way if CAS crashes, you still have your Sim (assuming it'll save properly that is.) I'm so sad I lost this Sim :( I'm only using base game, if this helps.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -